“Crowded but yummy brunch” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Minneapolis, MN
“Crowded but yummy brunch”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

The place is small, so expect to be crowded and to wait. With that in mind the food is great--although typical of the type of establishment--not cheap. We actually were lucky enough to sit at the bar watching the kitchen. It's like renting a table in the kitchen! You watch it happen! Our 11 and 16 year olds loved it, too. Did take quite awhile for the food, so don't be in a hurry.

Visited February 2013

Lakeville, Minnesota
“Great find!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

I'm giving Tilia a strong 4 stars. My husband and I ate here during lunch on Valentine's day and were supremely satisfied. Tilia is a very small, but interesting place to dine. The food was very well prepared ( we had the cheeseburger, fish taco torta, and an order of fries). I highly reccomend the fish sandwich. Their beer menu consists of a slue of micro brews and the wine menu is adequate. The service of the hostess was very good, but the waitress didn't go above and beyond, which leads to my 4 star review. All and all we enjoyed our experience and will go back soon - maybe this weekend with our out of town guests.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Loved this restaurant until last 2 experiences”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

I love Tilia's menu and location/ambience. But I felt compelled to comment on the poor service that I received during my last two visits. Just yesterday, I had brunch there with 4 family members. And it was the second experience I had with poor service relative to simple things: waiting for too long to get sugar for my tea, not getting the hashbrowns we ordered, not being checked in on for refills, and then waiting 20 minutes for our check to be delivered to the table. I love trying new restaurants and always bring family and friends, but unfortunately I introduced this one to my friends at times when they walked away with a poor view of service. I had great experiences when it first opened. Sorry to see the decline.

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Lucky this is in our neighborhood”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

We love this place. Consistently great food at good prices. Love watching Steve Brown tramping around in his beat up tshirts. Can get noisy though.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Excellent food in a cheef driven setting”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

The food here is outstanding. From the appetizers to the desserts we enjoyed amazing food at each course. The Chef even came to our table to discuss special accommodations for one of our diners who had food allergies. Amazing! The waitress was incredibly well versed on the menu and very helpful as well. The onlt downside here is this is a very small room with quite limited seating and a small bat area with beer and wine only so get there early. Well worth it.

• Visited December 2012