Our family needed a hotel for 4 days, and wanted a place where we could spread out and be comfortable. We've stayed at other TownePlace locations, so selected this one based on proximity to the places we planned to visit. The two room suite was a similar layout to others we've stayed at, but we were a bit disappointed that they were not as well maintained. The stove was old with crooked burners, so we did not do any cooking as planned. The couch was sagging and the lighting in the bath area so dim it was difficult to see yourself in there! The A/C is very loud, and unfortunately it was a hot week so the thing ran constantly. It was rattling too, but after a comment to the front desk, that was taken care of. The outdoor pool was like a speck in the large concrete deck around it, not sure why a bigger pool was not installed given the room available. Not very suitable for more than just jumping in to get wet! Staff was hit or miss on trying to get help finding restaurants and/or directions. One individual sent us cross town in a taxi to get Mexican food, when it turns out there was another one we could have walked to. Every time I asked her something, she was going to Google....I can do that myself! This all being said, it was a decent stay and while not fantastic, at least we were close to our destinations, the suite was spacious enough and the neighborhood was safe for us to walk around at night. There is a small store across the street where you can get basics for the fridge and there is a small breakfast offering each morning. Just get there before 9; I arrived 9:02 one morning to find the breakfast area already locked tight. Thankfully the front desk sold PopTarts so my family didn't starve...LOL.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- TownePlace Suites Downtown Minneapolis by Marriott is a conveniently located hotel near Target Field (new home of the Minnesota Twins), Mall of America Field, the Convention Center, Target Center, the University of Minnesota and the Hennepin Theater District. This downtown hotel features apartment-style suites with fully equipped kitchens including refrigerator, dishwasher, stove, oven and microwave. Downtown Minneapolis' solution to extended stay lodging, the TownePlace Suites offers special rates based on your length of stay keeping your budget in mind. Perfect for the business traveler, Twins fans, theater buffs or shoppers, the TownePlace Suites is within walking distance of the Light Rail/ NorthStar Rail and the Mississippi River. You can relax in our spacious guest rooms featuring Marriott's new bedding with triple sheeting and plush pillows, work out in our 24-hour exercise rooms or play a game of pool in our unique billiards room. Let our outstanding staff become your personal concierge! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Despegar.com, Hotels.com, Marriott, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your TownePlace Suites Minneapolis Downtown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Towneplace Suites Minneapolis Downtown Hotel Minneapolis
- Minneapolis Towneplace Suites