“Unbelievable bargain for a two bedroom suite” 5 of 5 stars
Review of TownePlace Suites Minneapolis Downtown

You added TownePlace Suites Minneapolis Downtown to your Saves list
TownePlace Suites Minneapolis Downtown
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   525 North 2nd St, Minneapolis, MN 55401 (Warehouse District)   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Double Rewards Points!
Ranked #30 of 45 Hotels in Minneapolis
Ava
“Unbelievable bargain for a two bedroom suite”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2012

We were traveling with family and needed a suite for two couples. This suite had two private bedrooms, a large wheelchair accessible bath, and a fully stocked kitchen. All this for only $110 per night, per couple. The location to downtown Minneapolis was also great! We will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
San Juan, Puerto Rico
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2012

Great place to stay but I had a terrible experience when I let the hotel scheduled my taxi transportation- they misled me to the wrong cab- ended up getting stiffed by cab driver (paid $45 to go 8 miles). By the time the hotel staff called me to point this out I was running late to my appointment and more than halfway to the site.
I then called the hotel and they were not sympathetic in misleading me to the wrong cab.
So, watch it: don't let them book you a taxi!!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
TPS_MSP, Director of Sales at TownePlace Suites Minneapolis Downtown, responded to this review, February 7, 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

We apologize for the inconvenience that this caused you while staying at the TownePlace Suites. We work very closely with the various transportation companies in Minneapolis and call many guests taxis each morning. This situation was a very honest mistake and we apologize for the trouble it caused you.

Thank you very much for taking the time to review our hotel, we appreciate the feedback.

The TownePlace Suites Management
Cheyenne, Wyoming
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2011

I stayed here for one night on Nov 19th. Room was clean, although it seemed a little cramped. There was a kitchenette with a small stove and full size refrigerator. Breakfast was meager, as it was cereal, oatmeal, coffee and bananas. A little more variety would have been nice. The hotel is within walking distance to downtown.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled solo
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review our hotel, we truly appreciate it. We hope that when you travel to the Twin Cities in the future, you choose to stay with us again.

Best Wishes,
Rapid City, South Dakota
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2011

Changed our stay from the Depot Renaissance to the Towneplace because we were traveling with little ones and the Marriott Website indicated breakfast was included. Wasn't expecting much but was expecting more than dry cereal and a muffin. Stay elsewhere more centrally located and go to Starbucks for breakfast.

Marriott Platinum member - so I know pretty much what to expect and I didn't expect this!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
Dear Valued Guest,

At the TownePlace Suites we do offer a light continental breakfast included in the rate of your room. This breakfast features: 6 different types of cereal, oatmeal with toppings, apples, bananas, muffins, yogurt, orange juice, milk and coffee.

Thank you very much for the feedback.

Best Wishes,
Seattle, Washington
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2011

Two weeks in a row I stayed at this hotel. The first visit was five nights the second was supposed to be five, but luckily I got to leave a day early. When I went to check out, the very nice girl behind the desk had to get the GM. He informed me that he was raising the rate $20 a night because I only stayed 4nights and it says rate is based on stay length. I can understand, but I had just stayed five nights the previous week and have stayed over 120 nights at marriotts this year, all I wanted was to pay my bill as originally set and go home. As a frequent business traveller I can tell you that the GM Mike doesn't care how much business you do with Marriott, only what extra he can charge you. My suggestion to loyal Marriott customers... Avoid this one, there are plenty of other marriotts around that will appreciate your business. (admittedly as he walked away I said, "I guess staying at marriotts over 120 nights in a year doesn't get you much here". Not my proudest moment but very true here.)
Avoid!!!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
Washington DC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2011

As you would expect from a Marriott property, this hotel is clean, modern, and comfortable. When searching for accomodations in downtown Minneapolis I noticed that rates varied greatly for the same hotels depending upon dates possiblity due to conventions or other large gatherings. Because this TownePlace Suites is on the fringe of downtown, and evidently is mostly patronized by tourists vs. business travelors, I suspect the rates are more stable. We paid $101 per night plus the $13 parking. As another reviewer mentioned, you can park free on the street from 6:pm Friday until Monday morning. However you need to get a space early so what you should do is move your car from the hotel lot about 4pm and put money in the meter ($1 or so) to get you past 6. If you wait until 6 there may not be any spaces as the area has many apartment houses. In my experience, Marriot's never give you a free breakfast. This one must have received complaints because they had cereal and milk for the children but little else.

A number of eating places are near the hotel but they are not on the hotel street. You need to go out the back door of the hotel through the alley and a passageway to Washington Ave. There you will find several restaurants including a very good, a busy, pizzeria. The hotel is about 1/2 mile from the baseball stadium and several restaurants on the way. As you would expect from a yuppie area near a sports arena, several of the eating places have a dozen or so TV's all on different channels and loud, blaring noise which I suppose passes for pop music these days. There are also a number of strip joints and girlie shows in the area so maybe this is the city's red light district although I can't be sure as I am not familiar with this part of the Country.

You can walk to downtown with access to the extensive skywalk system in 15 or 20 minutes. You can also board the light rail at the baseball stadium and take it to the other end of the line which is in one of the Mall of America's parking lots. Incidentally I detest suburban shopping malls but this one seemed rather pleasant maybe because I did not have to drive to it. However in reality it is just a bigger version of your standard America suburban shopping mall with all of the familiar stores plus an amusement park for children. I guess I was expecting something unique based on all of the hype I have heard about over the years.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review our hotel. We pride ourselves in offering a clean hotel with a friendly atmosphere in which our guests can feel at home.

We hope that when you travel to the Twin Cities you choose to stay with us again.

Best Regards,
Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2011

This hotel is in an area with a lot of lofts and apartments. There is free on the street parking from 6 p.m. Friday until 9 a.m. Monday. Otherwise there are two lots with fees owned by the hotel. The staff was very friendly and gave me choices for where the room would be that I would occupy. There is a little market downstairs by check-in with a large map showing area restaurants and other places. I used this map to decide where I would walk for supper. There is a gate at the back of the property that allows you to walk over to the street behind the property. The room I was given was very clean and spacious. And best of all, quiet.The room has a nice equipped kitchen. Lots of outlets to recharge phone and laptop, etc. The only thing I would have liked to have had that I did not was a safe. There is a small convenience store within walking distance. A Dunn's coffee is an easy walk, as is Moose and Sadie's bakery. I had dinner at the Black Sheep cafe behind the hotel through the gate--and it was great. This is a super location with a super staff in a quiet neighborhood. There are a number of clubs and bars nearby but there are also families out walking and joggers--as a solo traveler I felt very comfortable.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
TPS_MSP, Director of Sales at TownePlace Suites Minneapolis Downtown, responded to this review, October 10, 2011
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for the kind review. We are happy to hear that you took advantage of everything the Warehouse District has to offer.

If your travels bring you back to the Twin Cities, we hope you choose to stay at the TownePlace Suites again.

Best Regards,