“Great New Year Eve getaway” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points!
Ranked #29 of 48 Hotels in Minneapolis
Long Prairie, Minnesota
“Great New Year Eve getaway”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014

My wife and i stayed at the Marriott Residence Inn Depot New Years Eve and had a great time. I was a little concerned because of the attached water park and all the kids but it was a great night. The connected Rennaisance and Reidence did a great job to make it a fun night. Plus, connected to it al is the indoor ice rink. Very festive. In addition, since it was twelve below outside the under ground heated garage was a treat, even with the $15 per night cost. Great experience.

Room Tip: Room on second floor was great
Green Features: They seemed to be pro environment. We only spent one night so i didn't get a chance to see if they saved our drying towels instead of washing them.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
plymouth, mi
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2013

The Residence Inn Minneapolis Downtown at The Depot is consistent with other Residence Inns I've stayed at. It's very nice and clean with an abundance of room. I had a full kitchen, living room, bedroom and a big bathroom. I always take advantage of the microwave popcorn too! I had a small balcony overlooking the street too. The bed was comfortable and the linens were nice - not amazing, but not cheap either. Parking is in the garage beneath the hotel and very easy to navigate.

The front desk staff was nice and accommodated my request for an early check-in with no problem. The lobby is rather large with a fireplace, library, pool table and large dining area. This hotel really seems like a nice apartment building!

The location of this hotel is not great if you are looking to walk around downtown. There are other hotels down there that would be better, but this property is probably a bit quieter and maybe a bit less expensive too.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Clearwater, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2013

We stayed here because we originally thought we would be traveling with our pet and this facility allows several kinds of pets. Parking is free, location is convenient for downtown Minneapolis, and you can choose outside parking or garage parking, subject to availability. It is walking distance to several restaurants and has a small convenience store off its lobby. Its staff is friendly and efficient and it is well lit. The facility is clean, but the carpet and appointments show signs of heavy wear and tear. Our one bedroom suite included a small room with tv, couch, small table and 2 chairs, small refrigerator, stove top and sink (a few dishes) -- connected to a small bedroom with a kingsize bed, closet, and bathroom. The bedroom had a tv. Both tvs were connected to cable. I found the suite small and furniture within it crowded, but again it was very clean and seemed reasonably priced for room size and location.Evenings include a complimentary glass of wine in the lobby with a few appetizers. Incidentally, I never saw or heard any pets here, although it is marketed as a pet-friendly establishment. I would not stay here again unless I was staying long term and on a low-end budget.

Room Tip: Especially for women, I suggest requesting a room close to the front lobby elevator to enhance secur...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013 via mobile

Room was clean and comfortable. Staff very friendly and helpful. Breakfast is the basic free breakfast found at most similar hotels. It would be nice if the TV service in the lobby/breakfast area was the same as the room. ESPN was not available on the lobby TV, a definite no no during college football season. I would think this could be easily addressed by management.

Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
East Saint Louis, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2013

I recently stayed at the Residence Inn and after checking the bed bug registry I was concerned. There was a report from 2011 that said room 107 had them. Upon arrival at the hotel I mentioned this to the clerk and he assured me there were no bed bugs. He was funny and joked around with us. Once in our room, I checked the room in great detail to find no bed bugs. We were in room 103 and it was definitely clean-no bugs. Every staff we encountered in this weekend trip was helpful, nice, funny. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Boston Mass
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

When we travel, we like to get a two room suite (emergency insomnia/snoring escape). This reasonably priced and well located hotel fills the bill, Bedroom is pretty small, but fine for sleeping, with a comfortable bed. Generous breakfast is included in the price. Wi fi in the room worked fine. Fridge is a little noisy if you are trying to sleep on the pull out couch in the living room. But it's great to have a place to sit around with friends/family and relax, other than the bedroom. Easy walk to the Mill City museum, the river and parks, and not too far from downtown. I like the location better than the Residence Inn in the downtown city center area. This is my "go to" place in MInneapolis.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Casandra K, Manager at Residence Inn at The Depot, responded to this review, October 15, 2013
I'm happy to read that you enjoyed your stay with us. I can understand how the two room suite would be very accommodating to you. I apologize for the noisy fridge. We will definitely have that looked at. We are located in a unique area of downtown that is great for walks, parks and easy location to get to the heart of downtown also. I'm glad to hear we will be your "go to" place when you return to Minneapolis. Thanks for staying at the Depot Minneapolis.
Pace, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

I enjoyed my stay at the hotel. I was there FRIDAY night and SATURDAY Night. The hotel was very quiet which allowed me to rest before the Twin Cities Marathon. The hotel was very clean. The front desk was very accommodating with any request that I made. If I were to return to the area, this would be my first choice.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Casandra K, Manager at Residence Inn at The Depot, responded to this review, October 11, 2013
Thank you so much for your kind review. I'm glad you had a peaceful stay with us before getting ready for your marathon. I'm happy to hear our staff and rooms were ideal for you. I hope the Twin Cities Marathon went well for you. If you return to Minneapolis next year I hope you choose the Residence Inn Depot.

Been to Residence Inn at The Depot? Share your experiences!