“fun staff” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #29 of 48 Hotels in Minneapolis
East Saint Louis, Illinois
“fun staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2013

I recently stayed at the Residence Inn and after checking the bed bug registry I was concerned. There was a report from 2011 that said room 107 had them. Upon arrival at the hotel I mentioned this to the clerk and he assured me there were no bed bugs. He was funny and joked around with us. Once in our room, I checked the room in great detail to find no bed bugs. We were in room 103 and it was definitely clean-no bugs. Every staff we encountered in this weekend trip was helpful, nice, funny. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Boston Mass
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

When we travel, we like to get a two room suite (emergency insomnia/snoring escape). This reasonably priced and well located hotel fills the bill, Bedroom is pretty small, but fine for sleeping, with a comfortable bed. Generous breakfast is included in the price. Wi fi in the room worked fine. Fridge is a little noisy if you are trying to sleep on the pull out couch in the living room. But it's great to have a place to sit around with friends/family and relax, other than the bedroom. Easy walk to the Mill City museum, the river and parks, and not too far from downtown. I like the location better than the Residence Inn in the downtown city center area. This is my "go to" place in MInneapolis.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Casandra K, Manager at Residence Inn at The Depot, responded to this review, October 15, 2013
I'm happy to read that you enjoyed your stay with us. I can understand how the two room suite would be very accommodating to you. I apologize for the noisy fridge. We will definitely have that looked at. We are located in a unique area of downtown that is great for walks, parks and easy location to get to the heart of downtown also. I'm glad to hear we will be your "go to" place when you return to Minneapolis. Thanks for staying at the Depot Minneapolis.
Pace, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

I enjoyed my stay at the hotel. I was there FRIDAY night and SATURDAY Night. The hotel was very quiet which allowed me to rest before the Twin Cities Marathon. The hotel was very clean. The front desk was very accommodating with any request that I made. If I were to return to the area, this would be my first choice.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Casandra K, Manager at Residence Inn at The Depot, responded to this review, October 11, 2013
Thank you so much for your kind review. I'm glad you had a peaceful stay with us before getting ready for your marathon. I'm happy to hear our staff and rooms were ideal for you. I hope the Twin Cities Marathon went well for you. If you return to Minneapolis next year I hope you choose the Residence Inn Depot.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013 via mobile

I came to stay with my granddaughter as her parents went to a wedding. The room was nice, roomy for three of us. Liked the kitchen as we ate in the room, except for breakfast. Spent most of the time at the water park. Breakfast had a great selection and room was large!! Given the same situation would stay again.

• Stayed September 2013
Casandra K, Manager at Residence Inn at The Depot, responded to this review, October 8, 2013
Thanks for your great review. We appreciate any feedback from our guests. I'm glad your visit to see your family was a success. The waterpark is a great attraction for the kids. If you return to Minneapolis I hope you choose to stay at the Residence Inn Depot.
Bengaluru (Bangalore), India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013

Office did not get us rooms at the other Residence inn which is better located right in the downtown. But this hotel has a good location as well. Right by the river, so you can spend evenings walking on the stone arch bridge. There are quite a few restaurant options on the Washington Ave on which the hotel is situated. The metrodome is also within walking distance. For the hotel, the room was big enough, came with a microwave and a small kitchen, which was useful. The staff was very helpful, specially the ladies managing the breakfast buffet. The breakfast was good enough with its meats breads cereals and fruits. The only problem is the menu gets boring and repetitive if you are staying there for over a week, like I did. tripadvisor did mention to get a room on the top floors away from the waterpark area, which is within the hotel, however, we dint face any noise issues though the staff did manage to give us rooms upstairs for the entire 2.5 weeks we stayed! I don't mind staying there again!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
I'm so happy you enjoyed your stay with us for the two weeks you were in Minneapolis. We are located in a unique area of Minneapolis. The Stone Arch Bridge and Metrodome are in very easy access from our hotel. I'm glad you made found the kitchen in the room useful. I will share your kind words about our staff service with everyone. Thank you for your kind review and thanks for staying at the Residence Inn Depot.
charlotte, nc
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

This hotel is always clean, and is closely located to work. No bar or restaurant in this hotel, but they are located in the sister hotel next door. If you want quiet, stay on a higher floor, as there is a water park on the first floor.

Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your kind review on our hotel. I'm glad to hear it's always clean and located close to your work location. I hope if your work brings you back to Minneapolis you will choose to stay at the Residence Inn Depot again.
Washington, NJ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

We were visiting a family member who recently moved to the Twin Cities and needed a nice place to stay. We found that this hotel was clean, the staff was friendly and helpful and the rooms were large and comfortable. Breakfasts were a bit better than most hotel chains (nothing to get excited about), but the water with lemons and oranges (in the hallway), free wifi, daily papers, billiards made for nice extras. I did wonder about the notice in our room with all sorts of rules about noise, rowdiness and damage to rooms. Upon asking the clerk, I was told this was because of kids parities coming for the indoor water park. Fortunately for us, noise was not an issue during our stay and the water park would be great fun, if you have kids with you.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
I am you enjoyed your stay at the Residence Inn. We take great pride in our hotel and glad you saw the daily touches we make to enhance our guests stay. If your travels bring you back to Minneapolis I hope you choose to stay at the Residence Inn Depot again.

Been to Residence Inn at The Depot? Share your experiences!