“Twin Cities Marathon” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #29 of 48 Hotels in Minneapolis
Pace, Florida, United States
“Twin Cities Marathon”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

I enjoyed my stay at the hotel. I was there FRIDAY night and SATURDAY Night. The hotel was very quiet which allowed me to rest before the Twin Cities Marathon. The hotel was very clean. The front desk was very accommodating with any request that I made. If I were to return to the area, this would be my first choice.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Casandra K, Manager at Residence Inn at The Depot, responded to this review, October 11, 2013
Thank you so much for your kind review. I'm glad you had a peaceful stay with us before getting ready for your marathon. I'm happy to hear our staff and rooms were ideal for you. I hope the Twin Cities Marathon went well for you. If you return to Minneapolis next year I hope you choose the Residence Inn Depot.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013 via mobile

I came to stay with my granddaughter as her parents went to a wedding. The room was nice, roomy for three of us. Liked the kitchen as we ate in the room, except for breakfast. Spent most of the time at the water park. Breakfast had a great selection and room was large!! Given the same situation would stay again.

• Stayed September 2013
Casandra K, Manager at Residence Inn at The Depot, responded to this review, October 8, 2013
Thanks for your great review. We appreciate any feedback from our guests. I'm glad your visit to see your family was a success. The waterpark is a great attraction for the kids. If you return to Minneapolis I hope you choose to stay at the Residence Inn Depot.
Bengaluru (Bangalore), India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013

Office did not get us rooms at the other Residence inn which is better located right in the downtown. But this hotel has a good location as well. Right by the river, so you can spend evenings walking on the stone arch bridge. There are quite a few restaurant options on the Washington Ave on which the hotel is situated. The metrodome is also within walking distance. For the hotel, the room was big enough, came with a microwave and a small kitchen, which was useful. The staff was very helpful, specially the ladies managing the breakfast buffet. The breakfast was good enough with its meats breads cereals and fruits. The only problem is the menu gets boring and repetitive if you are staying there for over a week, like I did. tripadvisor did mention to get a room on the top floors away from the waterpark area, which is within the hotel, however, we dint face any noise issues though the staff did manage to give us rooms upstairs for the entire 2.5 weeks we stayed! I don't mind staying there again!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
I'm so happy you enjoyed your stay with us for the two weeks you were in Minneapolis. We are located in a unique area of Minneapolis. The Stone Arch Bridge and Metrodome are in very easy access from our hotel. I'm glad you made found the kitchen in the room useful. I will share your kind words about our staff service with everyone. Thank you for your kind review and thanks for staying at the Residence Inn Depot.
charlotte, nc
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

This hotel is always clean, and is closely located to work. No bar or restaurant in this hotel, but they are located in the sister hotel next door. If you want quiet, stay on a higher floor, as there is a water park on the first floor.

Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your kind review on our hotel. I'm glad to hear it's always clean and located close to your work location. I hope if your work brings you back to Minneapolis you will choose to stay at the Residence Inn Depot again.
Washington, NJ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

We were visiting a family member who recently moved to the Twin Cities and needed a nice place to stay. We found that this hotel was clean, the staff was friendly and helpful and the rooms were large and comfortable. Breakfasts were a bit better than most hotel chains (nothing to get excited about), but the water with lemons and oranges (in the hallway), free wifi, daily papers, billiards made for nice extras. I did wonder about the notice in our room with all sorts of rules about noise, rowdiness and damage to rooms. Upon asking the clerk, I was told this was because of kids parities coming for the indoor water park. Fortunately for us, noise was not an issue during our stay and the water park would be great fun, if you have kids with you.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
I am you enjoyed your stay at the Residence Inn. We take great pride in our hotel and glad you saw the daily touches we make to enhance our guests stay. If your travels bring you back to Minneapolis I hope you choose to stay at the Residence Inn Depot again.
Seattle, Washington
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013

Stayed here for a wedding weekend. The hotel is fine, nothing special. The living room and kitchen area is quite spacious, actually lots of room in the middle of the room that is wasted and could have been better used for making the bedroom area larger. The bedroom area is quite small, with barely enough room to move around the bed (reminded me of a cruise ship room with just enough room to clear the bed on two sides). Also, the sink area is separate from the bathroom and right next to the bed. So if one person is up before the other, the light on at the sink shines on the person still in bed. Fine if you are both getting up at the same time, not great if one of you wants to sleep in. There is a sink in the kitchen, but no mirror, so one person cannot really get ready in the morning except in the bathroom sink area.

The breakfast was very mediocre, reminded me more of a Hampton Inn or Holiday Inn Express, not at the same quality level of Embassy Suites (i.e. no cooked to order items). Cereal, oatmeal, various bakes goods, scrambled eggs, boiled eggs and make-your-own waffles.

There is an attached smallish water park with several slides (nice for the young kids who were staying here), but apparently just staying here doesn't automatically gain you entry to the water park (but you can still use the hot tub), so ask when you reserve if the water park is included.

Room Tip: We were in room 203 and it was fairly quiet, although we did have noise from both outside and the fl...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Casandra K, Manager at Residence Inn at The Depot, responded to this review, September 12, 2013
Thank you for your review. I am glad to get your feedback about our hotel. I can understand how sometimes the room set up would not be ideal to some travelers. We do not have cook to order items on our breakfast buffet, however we do offer room service provided by Charley’s restaurant for any guests who prefer certain items. Room 227 was reported to us by the guests. A professional exterminator inspected the room. Thankfully no bed bugs were found. I am happy to say our hotel has never had bed bugs.
Superior
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013

We have stayed several times for Marathon/other race events. Staff always very nice. Great to have a full kitchen. Breakfast very nice and its free. Great parking on street only need to pay during the day no need to pay $20 for lot.

Room Tip: 1 Bedroom vs studio is simply a door. We saw no real additional space. queen size pull out couch co...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Casandra K, Manager at Residence Inn at The Depot, responded to this review, July 17, 2013
Thank you for your kind review. We are happy to hear you returned to our hotel. If your travels bring you back to Minneapolis we hope you return to the Residence Inn Depot.

Been to Residence Inn at The Depot? Share your experiences!