“Very dissapointed with the Hotel” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Renaissance Minneapolis Hotel, The Depot

You added Renaissance Minneapolis Hotel, The Depot to your Saves list
Renaissance Minneapolis Hotel, The Depot
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   225 S 3rd Ave, Minneapolis, MN 55401 (Formerly The Depot Renaissance Minneapolis Hotel) (Downtown)   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
FREE Wi-Fi
Ranked #19 of 45 Hotels in Minneapolis
Asheville, North Carolina
“Very dissapointed with the Hotel”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

Let me start by saying we had contacted the hotel more than a 3 months prior that wile staying there we would be getting married and I wated to make everything special.. The staff never made mention of our getting married nor wished us good luck. When we spoke to the nice valet person he did wish us best of luck and so did one of the bar waitresses we spoke to. I had converstions with the the head of guest relations and never even got a simple card wishing us well.. Othere places we have stayed would send a bottle of wine, champagne or some sort of acknowledgement of our special day. I was dissapopinted to say the least and next trip we will stay elsewhere..
Initially I booked a room via priceline and when speaking to The Depot on the phone they offered me a uprgrade to a Historic suite with a great view. Here is the quote from their web-site.
" Step into a historic suite. Located in the original Depot building, our Historic Suites offer luxury and grandeur simply not found at any other hotel in Minneapolis. These magnificent hotel rooms boast up to 950 square feet and feature 12-foot ceilings. The oversized windows present sweeping views of the downtown Minneapolis skyline." I will post a picture of our sweeping shyline view..
I felt this hotel only cared about nickel and diming us and they won't have to worry about my business again. I will take it elsewhere..

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
depotmgr, General Manager at Renaissance Minneapolis Hotel, The Depot, responded to this review, October 24, 2013
I'm so sorry that we failed to recognize your special day. Clearly there was an internal disconnect with our team. Please know that we are very guest focused and this is not typical for us. I would be happy to discuss this further if you care to contact me at mclark@TheDepotMinneapolis.com.
Michael

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
Ames, Iowa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

Wonderful business accommodations, historic building and a great location in the heart of downtown. Easy walking distance to attractions, restaurants and bars. Nice view of St. Anthony falls and the heated, underground parking is a blessing in the harsh Minnesota winters!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Having worked here for 10 years and lived in MN all of my life, I completely agree that the heated parking is a great amenity. Thanks for sharing and for staying with us!
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

If you're visiting Minneapolis for the first time, this is a great place to stay. Easy walking distance to the light rail from the airport, to the Mill City Museum/Guthrie Theater area, to the Stone Arch Bridge and the Heritage Trail, and the Ground Round Scenic Byway with biking and walking paths. Very friendly and helpful service at the front desk. They gave us several good restaurant recommendations, again, all within easy walking distance.

Room Tip: Although there is no view of the river, ask for a higher floor facing the river, rather than the int...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Thank you! We are truly lucky to be located in the historic Minneapolis Mill/Riverfront District and I'm glad that you enjoyed the sites! I will make sure that your nice comments are passed on to the front desk staff.
Nashville, Tennessee, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

I brought my son here on Labor Day, after a day at the MN State Fair. I remained for work in downtown.

The front desk staff is VERY helpful and nice, as is the restaurant staff. That is #1 with me. I got great directions from the light rail station. I forgot my laptop charger, and they made it very easy for me to retrieve - very concientious. It's almost as if this hotel hired all the nice people in town.

The swimming pool is nice. It's not huge, but it's clean, well-staffed, with a fun water slide and a nice whirlpool and regular pool. It's a bonus, not a destination, if that makes sense.

I highly recommend the restaurant; breakfast buffet was good, omlette fantastic, and service very friendly. Price was reasonable.

Location is very good for light rail, near a Subway for inexpensive food, and a short walk to U of MN IT, Federal building. The train theme works, and at night it's definitely better than the Marriott Autograph.

Room Tip: The room I had was a perfect for 1 or 2 - a family of 4 would be a bit cramped. Definitely take a w...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Thanks for your great review! We pride ourselves on service and have some of the highest guest satisfaction scores in our Brand. I will make sure that your comments are passed on to the staff.
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

Overall, it is a nice hotel. I travel a lot and typically chose Renaissance hotels as I like their conceirge lounge. When I compare this to the others in Boston, Chicago, Cleveland, St Louis, Kansas City and DC, it ranks lower as the lounge setup and menu is basic. The rooms so far have all been the same, and they are fine but are on the smaller side (no couch).

Room Tip: In all my stays, every room has been identical.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for the review. Since your stay, we have rolled out a new Beverage and Food menu that I think you may appreciate. We also have 22 historic suites and I would be happy to upgrade you should one be available during your next visit. Please feel free to email me at mclark@TheDepotMinneapolis.com the next time that you are coming to town.
Barrington, Illinois, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013 via mobile

The suite was beautiful and very accommodating. We traveled with our two small dogs and everyone treated them as distinguished guests of the hotel! The doggie gift bag was especially thoughtful. We enjoyed relaxing on the patio as well as dinner and music in the lounge. Thank you!

• Stayed August 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review us and I'm glad that you enjoyed your stay. Being pet friendly is new for us and I'm glad that we are now an option for you.
High Rolls Mountain Park, New Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

What an amazing find! The Depot was a delightful surprise at the end of our vacation! We just needed a room for the night but instead we got over 900 square feet of LUXURY!!! We got a great deal and they gave us a suite in this beautiful old train station! They have theses statues they call their "Ghost". They are statues of people that would have been at the depot during its heyday! They have a water park and ice rink but those are just extras! Our suite had a dining area, a living area all with period furniture. The bedroom had two windows with a wonderful view of the city, window seats to sit and enjoy watching out the window. King size bed with a love seat at the end of the bed, two closets and a tv in the cabinet if you don't want to see it! Then you go into a an amazing bathroom with a vanity area with double sinks, magnifying mirror and a coffee and tea bar. Then you walk into the bathroom with a huge jacuzzi tub and a separate glass shower for two!
We hit the jackpot with this amazing hotel! We will be coming back to Minneapolis not for the city but to stay at "The Depot"! The service from everyone was top of the line! They were pleasant and always helpful! We can't wait to go back! Two thumbs up for this incredible place!

Room Tip: We stayed in the old depot side where it takes you back in time!
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for the lovely comments! I am so pleased that you enjoyed the historic suite and hope that you will stay with us again soon.