“Ok for a short stay, nothing special” 3 of 5 stars
Review of The Depot Renaissance Minneapolis Hotel

Save Saved
You added The Depot Renaissance Minneapolis Hotel to your Saves list
The Depot Renaissance Minneapolis Hotel
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   225 S 3rd Ave, Minneapolis, MN 55401 (Formerly Courtyard Minneapolis Downtown at The Depot) (Downtown)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #23 of 49 hotels in Minneapolis
Atlanta, GA
“Ok for a short stay, nothing special”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

Front desk staff was very helpful in checking me in early. Place was nice and the room was OK except that the A/C was making a loud rattling noise keeping me up most of the night. The hotel was not connected to the sky way but only a couple of blocks away. Walking distance to the bus and train line.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Liz K, Manager at The Depot Renaissance Minneapolis Hotel, responded to this review, July 1, 2013
Thank you for sharing your review. I'm happy to hear the desk was helpful at check in. I would like to apologize for the loud noises you experienced from the A/C unit in your room and I will make sure that is looked into. Please come visit us again next time you are in town.

258 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Minnesota
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

We stayed at this hotel only because it was the hosting place for the Twin Cities Marathon. I needed a good nights sleep...seeing I was going to run a marathon in the morning. I should have took note that that wouldn't happen after reading previous reviews. The room was LOUD...from outside noise...to even all the people walking in the halls. I would get up numerous times just to turn on the AC to try to drown out the racket...needless to say I slept like crap, even though the bed was very comfortable. Also, we could not get out of the parking ramp...we had the key card and the arm still would not go up...this was very upsetting seeing we needed to be at the start line of the marathon and not really knowing where to go! We kept buzzing the attendant and FINALLY they raised the arm up! I had to leave later that day due to an unexpected death in my family...I mistakenly took the parking key cards with me. When my friends tried to leave the next day they charged them again (after already paying!!!!) for parking because they didn't have the key cards (which got billed to my credit card!!!!!). Overall, not happy with this place at all. I will not be back...to many other GOOD options in the area. Oh, the bell boy was great...that was probably the best thing I can say about this hotel. And I'm NOT a negative person...all my reviews are usually "good" reviews.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for taking the time to express your concerns. I can understand your frustrations especially when preparing for a marathon. I apologize that your experience was unpleasant due to noise from the street and hallway, the delay at the parking gate and the duplicate charge for parking. We will certainly use your review as an opportunity to improve. I again apologize for the unpleasant stay with us.
Palmer, Alaska
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

I had a great extended weekend stay at the Depot. The front desk staff was really helpful and friendly. With the exception of one waitress at the bar, all the restaurant staff earned large tips. The bar stays open late and had great ambiance; we felt like we were gathered in someone's study or library. The kitchen made great appetizers and the hotel had something for everyone. We never made it to the water park/pool, but walked through to meet up with other members of our part in the Residence Stay side. Really comfortable beds and quiet rooms. There's a coffee shop on the corner and it is just blocks from the blue line light rail, making it easy for those not renting a car. You could even walk to Nicollett Mall. The location was great for our group attending a wedding across the bridge. My only complaint: a charge for internet service. When paying top rates this service should be included.

Room Tip: All the rooms I visited were clean, comfortable, and quiet.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for your wonderful review! It sounds like you had an enjoyable experience.
We certainly hope that you and your group will be back to visit us again in the future. Thank you for staying as our guest.
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

Very efficient and professional desk staff had us into our room within minutes of arrival. Very quiet room in a beautifully restored old building. Room was clean and beds were comfortable. The restaurant in the hotel has excellent food. There is a charge for internet service, but the service was quick and dependable. We'd definitely stay here again if we were in the area.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I'm very happy that you enjoyed your experience at The Renaissance. I hope that your travels bring you back to the local area so you can enjoy it all over again. Thank you for staying with us!
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

I was pleasantly surprised by this hotel in general. The bed was exceptionally comfortable. I was traveling with my children and was upgraded to a suite which was lovely. The club floor was not open as it was a weekend and this was a bit disappointing, but the upgrade made up for it. Coffee was available in the lobby area starting at an early hour and that was a big help. Despite there being four weddings at the property the weekend we stayed the room was very quiet and we never encountered crowds of people. There is a water park on the property but we did not explore it. The lobby bar was well stocked and uncrowded. The staff was attentive and helpful. All in all a very good experience.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your review. We are very glad that you had a comfortable stay while visiting our hotel. It's wonderful to hear that you were upgraded which allowed you to experience one of our Historic Suites. If you get the chance to come visit us again be sure to explore the water park- it's a hidden gem in the downtown area.
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

Thank you so much to the front desk for being so helpful during my stay. In addition, I left a few things in my room and the Housekeeping department was amazing at locating the missing pieces and sending them free of charge. If and when I'm back in Minneapolis, will 100% stay at the Depot again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for staying as our guest! It's great to hear that we were able to provide you with excellent service during your stay. We look forward to hosting you next time you visit the Minneapolis area.
Greenville, SC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

This is a full service high end hotel with lots to offer. I did enjoy room service and a meal in the restuarant downstairs. Both were good, internet speed was great. The hotel itself had a very clean and fresh feel to it. Every employee I encountered made it really feel like I was in the most expensive hotel in Minneapolis.

Parking was about $20 a day (non-valet), but that is consistent for the area so big issue there. The hotel also has an ice rink I think connected, I didn't check it out. But that is sort of neat.

The room was comfortable, bed was awesome, amenities were luxury, water pressure was perfect, and staff were great.

All in all, I will be back if I venture to the downtown area of Minneapolis again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
We are delighted to hear that you enjoy your stay with us. We appreciate your feedback and hope you will come visit us again soon. The ice rink is connected to The Renaissance, located in The Historic Depot. The rink typically opens in the month of November and closes early March. Check out our website calendar for details.

Been to The Depot Renaissance Minneapolis Hotel? Share your experiences!