“Close to Metrodome and River” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Depot Renaissance Minneapolis Hotel

You added The Depot Renaissance Minneapolis Hotel to your Saves list
The Depot Renaissance Minneapolis Hotel
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   225 S 3rd Ave, Minneapolis, MN 55401 (Formerly Courtyard Minneapolis Downtown at The Depot) (Downtown)   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
$25 Daily Credit
Ranked #17 of 48 Hotels in Minneapolis
Scottsdale, Arizona
“Close to Metrodome and River”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

This hotel is the coverted train depot. It is fun, because of the historic significance. The rooms are fairly updated, but not especially large. We requested a roll-away, and if there would have been one available, it would have been a tight squeeze, with the two queens, already in the room.

The roll away was requested at the time of the reservation, as well as at check in. We were told "we'll see what we can do", but no call back. After calling to inquire, about any options (adjoining additional room, a suite, another Marriott property, etc) I was told there was nothing that could be done, and all rooms were sold out. I asked for any suggestions, and was told "maybe the suburbs".

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Darrynm, Manager at The Depot Renaissance Minneapolis Hotel, responded to this review, November 12, 2012
Thank you for you review. I'm sorry that we couldn't meet all of your needs while staying with us. We always promise what we know we can deliver but when that's not available we allow our travelers to put in a request incase what they are looking for becomes available. I do apologize if this wasn't explained in full at the time of your reservations were booked.

I hope you try us again so we can show you our dedication to our guests and our level of commitment to meeting their needs.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Minneapolis, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

I staid here for a wedding, it was a very large room, very cleanly. There wasn't a view, but I dont think any of the rooms would have a view because of the location. Though the location is great for downtown!

• Stayed November 2012
Darrynm, Manager at The Depot Renaissance Minneapolis Hotel, responded to this review, November 9, 2012
Thank you for your review. I hope you discover us again if a special event or your travels find you in the area again.
Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

While this was a business trip, I used one of my free certificate nights before it expired. The hotel was very pretty with a comfortable atmosphere. The rooms were clean, nice, and a little above average. I had dinner at the bar/restaurant and it was great. For breakfast I met a colleague in the restaurant. The meal was very good and service was exceptional. I would stay here again in the future.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
We love to hear when our business travelers get a little time to relax and enjoy our hotel. Thank you for the review and for staying with us.
New Orleans, Louisiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012 via mobile

This Marriott is just average on all accounts. The lobby is a pleasant history lesson but the restaurant is mediocre. The concierge lounge is cramped but warmly decorated. The fitness facility is adequate. There are better Marriott options downtown.

Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for your review and for staying with us once again. It sounds like you are a loyal Marriott traveler and find yourself in the Minneapolis area often. I invite you to ask for me next time you come through if time allows. I am always looking for opportunities to improve our service and Hotel and You're thoughts would be valuable.
Again, thank you for your review and for staying with us.
Duluth, Minnesota, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

Reservation process was horrible 3 phone calls to straighten it out! Check in was just as bad the guy had no clue what he was doing! The next morning I was Billed incorrectly and spent the next 30 minutes straightening that out. ( I am glad I had brought my email confirmation with the correct amount) The only positive staff member I met was Marissa who was very helpful! The room itself was clean and as expected. but very loud my children did not sleep at all and the front desk was able to do nothing. The water park was great and alot of fun but the life guards are not kid friendly at all they are very disrepectful to kids! So overall I paid over $200 dollars for a less than enjoyable stay to have my time wasted and my kids disrespected.!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Darrynm, Manager at The Depot Renaissance Minneapolis Hotel, responded to this review, October 27, 2012
Krista C.

I am disappointed to read your review. I have sent you a message so I can follow up on the items you noted in your review. Your experience is not our standards and we will do what we need to do to make it right.

I hope we can show you our commitment to making it right and you feel confident in making a decision to stay with us again if your travels find you in the area.
Grand Forks, North Dakota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

This is one of the best places we have ever stayed. We went with our children for a 2 night stay. Yes the parking was pricy and the bottle of water was $3 in the room,but the positivity outweighs the small hickups. We will go back again, We were honored the military rate and cannot wait to stay again. The room was spectacular and clean!!!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your kind words. We love any review that starts with " Best Stay Ever". I hope you discover us again when your travels find you in our area.
Princeton, New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

We recently attended a wedding in Minneapolis and stayed here. We were very disappointed in the room and the hotel. I know this might sound petty, but there is no room safe. As we were attending a wedding, I wanted to keep some things in a safe. I did not feel like going to the front desk every time I wanted to change earrings. Also, there were blinds on the window and no curtain. The wood blind might look nice, but it doesn't shut out any early morning light. The towels were spare and stiff.

On the good side, the staff was terrific, even if the valet gave us wrong directions every time we asked. The front desk staff was much better at knowing the city.

We have another wedding in Minneapolis next year and we will find another place to stay.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your review. The Staff and I appreciate any and all feedback we get. I'm sorry that a couple items during your stay didn't meet your needs and weren't up to our standards. We are looking at the possibility of getting safes in all our guest rooms. We know that this would be a nice convenience to our guests. Until then we will continue to offer the key controlled security boxes at the front desk complimentary. I will also pass on to the proper departments your comments about the wood blinds as well as the amount and quality of our bath towels.

Finally, I will follow up with our valet company and ensure they have the proper information on area locations and directions. The Renaissance brand builds it's self on the motto “Live Life to Discover". All employees are expected to be the local experts on places to go and how to get there.

We truly hope that you give us another chance if you find yourself in the area again. I appreciate the feedback.

Been to The Depot Renaissance Minneapolis Hotel? Share your experiences!