“Don't hesitate to stay here” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Grand Hotel Minneapolis - a Kimpton Hotel

You added The Grand Hotel Minneapolis - a Kimpton Hotel to your Saves list
The Grand Hotel Minneapolis - a Kimpton Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   615 Second Avenue South, Minneapolis, MN 55402 (Downtown)   |
Ranked #3 of 48 Hotels in Minneapolis
GreenLeadersSilver level
NYC
“Don't hesitate to stay here”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2014

There's a very nice and helpful staff here and the rooms are a nice size, clean, updated and tasteful. The location is very central and within walking distance of most things you'd want to do in Minneapolis. It has a nice bar in the lobby. I haven't eaten at the restaurants in the hotel except for a buffet breakfast which was okay but not memorable. If you sign up as a loyalty customer, which is free, you get complimentary internet service at Kimpton hotels and a $10 credit for use in the hotel. You might get a room upgrade too if it's available.

Green Features: Guests may choose not to have towels changed every day.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Hayden L, General Manager at The Grand Hotel Minneapolis - a Kimpton Hotel, responded to this review, May 27, 2014
Dear W L,

Thank you for this stellar write-up! It seems that The Grand suits you well! I hope that you'll be our guest whenever you're in Minneapolis. I'm glad that you had a chance to visit our bar, The SIX15 Room. Be sure to try some of the delicious food from our chef, Kris Koch next time you visit. He does all food for the SIX15 Room and in-room dining. He is so creative and talented, so I assure you no disappointment. Thank you for mentioning the Kimpton loyalty program. It is free to sign up and there are so many perks! Thanks again for this fantastic review. See you next time!

Hayden Lingerfelt

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (125)
  • Turkish first
San Antonio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2014

Hotel is down town and centrally located. Room was large and clean. Very large bathroom. Plenty of towels. No comfortable chair in the room other than a desk chair. No turndown service or evening chocolate. Parking very expensive. Staff exceedly friendly, helpful and nice (all). They didn't clean room until 4PM one of the days we stayed (4 nights). Breakfast in the restraurants should be MISSED - many much better places within a two block walk.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear PsychSanAntonio,

Thank you for staying with us and sharing your experience! I'm pleased that you appreciated the size of the guest room and bathroom. We are so lucky to have spacious accommodations, which are hard to come by in most downtown hotels. We do actually offer turndown service with chocolates upon request. You can let the front desk know at check-in next time you're with us. I agree that the parking is pricey, but I assure you the cost is in line with all other downtown hotels. I will pass your comments about breakfast on to the management of the restaurant. It is owned and managed by Lifetime. I really appreciate your kind words about the staff! They are truly the best and I will share your comments with them. Thank you for being our guest and we hope to see you again!

Brookings, South Dakota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2014

1. Signed up as a loyalty customer on their website. (It's FREE, and they send you great deals!)
2. Got a great deal on my room & made "special requests" because I'm a loyalty customer.
3. Upon arrival was greeted like a preferred guest, and upgraded to a suite without asking.
4. Received $10 credit toward mini bar.
5. Enjoyed a fabulously designed and comfortable room, and found my "special requests" of a pet goldfish and yoga mats there when I arrived.

VERY courteous and helpful staff, eager to serve. I didn't even take advantage of everything offered as a loyalty customer, and was blown away by my stay.

I HIGHLY recommend this hotel!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Hayden L, General Manager at The Grand Hotel Minneapolis - a Kimpton Hotel, responded to this review, April 24, 2014
Dear A4685,

I'm thrilled that you had such a unique and pleasant experience at The Grand! Thank you for detailing the perks of our Kimpton In Touch loyalty program. It's completely complimentary to sign-up and so worth it. We will be rolling out and enhanced loyalty program later this year. I can't disclose the details yet, but it's super exciting. Thanks for taking advantage of the guppy love program. It's always nice to be greeted by a goldfish when you enter the room! I really appreciate this stellar review. Come see us again sometime!

Crystal Lake, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2014

We chose this hotel primarily because of it's pet friendly policy and found a GREAT place to stay. The rooms were very nice, spacious and had everything we needed including a dog bed and dog bowls. Very centrally located, easy access to the city.
We arrived very late and the kitchen had closed, however the bar was still opened. As we talked with the bartenders about food, they recommended a local pizza delivery place, provided a menu, called for us and had a pizza delivered to us at the bar within 30 minutes....and it was very good. All of the staff was great in a similar manner, making us feel very welcomed.
We highly recommend The Grand Hotel Minneapolis to anyone traveling to Minneapolis and certainly will be back.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Hayden L, General Manager at The Grand Hotel Minneapolis - a Kimpton Hotel, responded to this review, April 21, 2014
Dear Petesher82,

I'm so happy that you felt so welcome at The Grand! That is always our goal, so I'm glad we didn't disappoint. Thank you for the kind comments about our bartenders and other staff. They are truly our greatest asset! I'm sorry we weren't serving our full menu by the time you arrived, but glad that the bartenders didn't let you go to bed hungry! Just so you are aware for the next time you visit, we do offer a limited overnight room service menu. Thank you for recommending us and we can't wait for your return!

Saint Paul, Minnesota, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2014

My husband and myself needed a hotel to stay at in Minneapolis so when I looked for a hotel where we could bring our dog I found the Grand Hotel along with many others in the area. I loved that they did not charge extra for the dog and that the hotel had many great reviews and looked so nice. Well the pictures did not dissapoint us. The hotel is beautiful along with the rooms. They also provided bowls and a dog bed for our dog. The hotel is also connected to the skyway system which is also a plus if the weather is bad. We thouroughly enjoyed our stay and will deffinately be back soon.

Room Tip: Try a corner suite. It was very large.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Kathy B,

Thank you for this fantastic feedback! We love to not only pamper our human guests, but our furry ones too! We don't charge a pet fee, nor do we have size restrictions. We understand that it can sometimes be challenging to stay away from home with a pet, so we like to make it as convenient as possible for you. I'm pleased that you enjoyed the hotel decor. We're pretty proud of it! Thank you for the lovely comments!

Des Plaines, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2014

Stylish, immaculate rooms, great gym. Most singular: the kindness of G.M. Hayden Lingerfelt & staff; we are greeted with sincere pleasure & even our oddest requests are received with cheerful determination to deliver what we need. We feel valued for our patronage & will forever be loyal Kimpton guests. As will our puppy Lucy, who was welcomed with her name on the visiting-dogs chalkboard!

Room Tip: We have relied on the staff selecting the right rooms for us and have not been disappointed.
Green Features: Our rooms have contained cards which offer a $5 voucher for use in hotel restaurants, if we forgo daily housekeeping services. We also notice the usual hangtags in the bathroom which remind us to hang towels we intend to re-use, so that housekeeping does not unnecessarily replace them daily.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
MamaJill4242,

Thank you so much for taking the time to post this. I'm hoping our emailed survey will be generated to you next time you stay. It just warms my heart that you and the family (Lucy included, of course!) feel so at home at The Grand! You have such a lovely family! I always enjoy our correspondence and can't wait to meet you in person next time you're here! I hope all is well!

Hayden
Portland, OR
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2014

Bikes to use, good gym, king room great size. Up-to-date bathroom with shower and tub. Great robes. Easy location from light rail. Pet friendly. Free coffee in am. Menu in room does not match menu downstairs in bar. Wine hour each night. Great deal!

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Hayden L, General Manager at The Grand Hotel Minneapolis - a Kimpton Hotel, responded to this review, April 16, 2014
Dear pdxworldtravelers,

Thank you for this complimentary review!! I appreciate your mention of the bikes we lend out. We just put them back out in the lobby because it is finally warm enough to bike. Well, warm enough if you disregard the snow storm we had an hour ago! The in-room dining menu does differ from the menu in our bar, The SIX15 Room. We like to provide our guests with lots of variety. I hope you indulged in our bartenders craft cocktails when you visited the bar. They whip up some delicious drinks! We are actually going to start hosting craft cocktail classes for our guests. Thanks so much for writing about us and we hope to see you again next time you're in Minnie!

Hayden Lingerfelt

Been to The Grand Hotel Minneapolis - a Kimpton Hotel? Share your experiences!