“Mouth watering” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 1,595 Restaurants in Minneapolis
Cuisines: Pizza
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Description: Wood fired pizza, warm chocolate chip cookies, soft serve ice cream, wine, beer, photo booth
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Mouth watering”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013 via mobile

I had read lots of favorable reviews about Pizzeria Lola, and I'm glad I finally tried it. I was there twice in one week! With the cool, late spring weather we've been having, sitting at the counter near the pizza oven is toasty, and its fun to watch the kitchen in action. Free parking on the street is easy to find, and there's a small patio. I have sat at the counter both times. The service is friendly and competent. The beer list is short but tasty, and the wine list is good. There isn't an actual "bar" but you can order drinks from the far end of the counter if you have to wait for a table or counter spot. Even on a busy night I didn't have to wait long for a counter spot, or for my food. The Korean short rib pizza is my favorite, but I think I'd enjoy any pizza that came out of their oven. The mixed greens salad is lightly dressed and easily enough for 2-3 people. The roasted cauliflower is tasty, and is also a large portion. The pizza crust is probably the best I've had- thin but no too thin, slightly chewy and tasty. I live in Eagan and I will gladly make the trip to 55th and Xerxes for this wonderful pizza.

Visited May 2013

Brooklyn Park
“Best Pizza in Minneapolis”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013

My wife and I saw the restaurant on Triple D (Diners, Drive Inn's & Dives) and had to check it out...The decor is "tacky sheik" (if thats a term), but I think on purpose. Our waitress was nice and very helpful toward our questions about the menu. We had a couple beers and a the specialty pizza of the night and it was delicious! Overall, I think the experience was very enjoyable. We will be back...

• Visited October 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Denver, Colorado
“Just terrific! A Triple D Gem!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

I am adding a bit of spice to my mundane business travel by trying to hit Diners, Drive Ins and Dives spots. This was my first stop - and it was an overall "wow" experience.

Traveling alone, I arrived around 7:30 pm and sat at the counter overlooking the kitchen and pizza prep area, and right into the amazing wood fired oven.

My server was tremendous. It was a tough travel day, and she made me feel welcome and comfortable right away. And the experience grew even better from then on!

I took her recommendation for a local craft beer (Surly Dunkel) and ordered the Forager pizza . The beer was outstanding, and the pizza was delightful. The crust was perfectly done, thin, crispy and yet a bit chewy all at once. The medley of mushrooms (crimini, shitake, and portabella) were lightly topped with taleggio, fontina, tarragon and a drizzle of truffle oil. It was flavorful and everything worked well together.

This is a small place, and it can get busy evidently. But it will be well worth the drive and a wait. Come on a nice evening and enjoy the patio.

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Maple Grove, Minnesota
“Pizza, dessert, and service were great. Loud and busy on a Friday evening.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

My wife and I met another couple here right after work on a Friday night. I got our name in around 5:30, and everyone arrived within ten minutes and we were seated. Within 1/2 hour there was a fairly significant line waiting to be seated. The place is a bit cramped, but with an interesting decor. There is an outside seating area as well. We all had drinks, the ladies a salad, and then we split three pizzas and desserts. All were excellent. It was a bit difficult to hold a conversation at times because the place was packed and loud, and we could tell the staff was eager to seat new eaters as we lingered awhile after finishing. Overall a great experience, but be prepared for a wait and for the noise. They do not take reservations, and will not seat you until your whole party is there.

• Visited May 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
KCMO
“Excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

Great service, great pizza...very original choices. We had one with speck and asparagus...fantastic. Plus the photo booth in back is a cool touch.

Visited May 2013