“Pretty Good” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #3 of 1,422 Restaurants in Minneapolis
Cuisines: Pizza, Korean
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Wood fired pizza, warm chocolate chip cookies, soft serve ice cream, wine, beer, photo booth
Chicago, Illinois
“Pretty Good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

I thought the pizza here was pretty good. The price are moderate and the place is not very family friendly. I tried their kimche pizza and it was flavorful, but not the best

• Visited March 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Burnsville, Minnesota
“My Favorite Place in the Twin Cities”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

I discovered Pizzeria Lola after watching an episode of Diners, Drive-ins and Dines. It really doesnt feel like any of those places. Its a very classy, tasty, hipster restaurant. I have tried different meat pizzas there, those are VERY tasty- real meat, not that over-processed stuff. I tried the Sunside pizza, which has an egg on it. It was a surprisingly good adventure. I always top off the meal with the fresh cookies and milk. This place is always busy. So make sure you go early in the evening if you dont want to wait for a table. If you love pizza, you will love Lolas.

• Visited November 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“good pizza but should take reservations!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

the pizza at Lola is very good - in fact, i'd say it's the best in town. however, not taking reservations is just not acceptable for a restaurant in a residential area. when restaurants don't take reservations, it's usually to attract people in off the street - to create demand, make the place look appealing and busy. that would be fine except this place is in the middle of a residential area with nary another restaurant or pedestrian in sight. so not taking reservations is just lazy. you will have to wait awhile to get a table, and they don't let you sit at the bar either. you have to stand against the wall behind the people sitting at the bar. it's a bad spot to be in, especially for a 40 minute wait. also, that table that is a piece of jagged metal jutting out from the wall is an insult to people paying to eat a meal here. make it a real table or get rid of it. anyway, the food is very good and the photo booth is a super fun part of going to Lola.

• Visited December 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Omaha, Nebraska
“Truly amazing! The other reviews are spot on!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013 via mobile

Was looking for a good dinner on our last night in MSP. We hoped the other reviews were not wrong...
We had the La Creme, the Forager, and the My Sha-Roni! pizzas. All were excellent! We sat at the bar due to the wait (which was only 15 minutes, but watching the pizzas cook was entertaining to our 9-year-old... and us!).
I was happy to find that they serve Cheerwine, nonexistent for me back home. We finished with soft-serve, topped with sea salt and olive oil. Yummo!!!
It was crowded and the decor does not lend itself to noise absorption, so it was noisy, but the pizza and service was worth it.
This is definitely a don't-miss spot!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Minneapolis
“Delicious unique pizza served in a fun atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

I love, love, love it here. Yes, I love Punch. Yes, I love Black Sheep. But, there is something about all of them that is a little different. I don't think people should compare them. They are all different and have different toppings, style, approaches to pizza. I love the special that they had in August with the honey truffle on top. It sounds strange, but it was so good and it made the pizza that much better!! I honestly can't recommend this place enough and that is even after I waited for 45 minutes to get a table. It is so worth the wait!

• Visited August 2012