“Perfect location” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Nicollet Island Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Minneapolis
Nicollet Island Inn
You added Nicollet Island Inn to your Saves list
95 Merriam Street, Nicollet Island, Minneapolis, MN 55401   |
Ranked #20 of 48 Hotels in Minneapolis
Beloit, Wisconsin
“Perfect location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

A mid-week fall break for us was a trip to Minneapolis to walk and see several attractions. The Nicollet Island Inn is perfect for this plan-close to the Mill Museum. the Guthrie and river walks. We left our car in the lot for the entire time and even during a rainy time walked to our destinations. The staff at the Inn are cordial and fun, the room comfortable and historic area appealing. We had a great time and could picture this as a wedding site. We had one breakfast at the Inn--delicious and creative! We will return!

Room Tip: When you book the room, call the reservation desk and speak with the staff person about the choices...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Minneapolis
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013

My bedside lamp didn’t seem to work and I couldn’t get closed caption TV and I was told you shouldn’t open the windows. But I didn’t care! I loved this Inn. From it’s charming setting and exterior, to the cozy, welcoming lobby and staff and the non-cookie cutter hotel room, there was nothing not to love. It’s like staying in the best possible bed and breakfast without dealing with over friendly hosts and talkative guests. Especially when you’re not in the mood to talk first thing in the morning.
And besides, my bedside lamp did work and the shower was the best I’ve ever had ANYWHERE and breakfast menu was most tempting and original..I just had toast, juice and coffee, but I was brought a different kind of toast each morning, each one delicious.
And it was extremely difficult to choose from all the tempting dishes on the dinner menu. I had Smoked Duck Seared Breast, Roasted Duck Hash, Red Beets, Gold Potatoes, and Creamed Arugula and it was delish!
We only live fifteen minutes away, but we had an opportunity to stay here for 4 nights. Would that it were in a city that we frequently visit!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Kansas City, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

My sister and I visited for a second time in 3 years and fell in love with the Inn all over again. The staff were courteous, friendly and unfailingly helpful. I live in a historic home and always prefer a well maintained older inn or B & B when I have a chance to stay in one. The hotel has all the charm and personality that comes with age and an interesting history. We had theater tickets at the Guthrie and it was a plus that we could walk there in just about 25 minutes, taking a leisurely stroll on the scenic route that crosses the river on the stone bridge. The free and ample parking was appreciated. We were sorry we didn't have time to sip a drink in the lovely bar area, but enjoyed that on our last trip. This won't be my last stay at the Inn.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Burke, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Inn last weekend while attending a wedding. We were greeted in a friendly, "glad you're here" manner and were treated courteously our entire stay. Anything that we needed assistance with was taken care of promptly and with a " we're here to make your stay enjoyable" attitude. The building is beautiful, the food was delicious and the setting perfect. The wedding we were attending was held at the Inn's pavilion and was a wonderful affair. We just returned and I have already recommended Nicollet Island Inn to friends.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Kansas City, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013

Stayed at the The Nicollet Island Inn for my wife's reunion in September. Situated on an Island in the middle of the Mississippi, it is a unique, historic hotel from the past,Hard to believe it is within walking distance of downtown Minneapolis. With great rooms, restaurant and bar.The rooms were large and not cookie cutter Holiday Inn type with period furniture and all the amenities. The entire stalff was friendly, extremely helpful and FUN!

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a river view.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
St. Helena, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

Situated on an island in the middle of the Mississippi River, the Nicollet Island Inn provides a secluded getaway from the noise of the surrounding city. The rooms are larger and retain character, a throwback back to independent hoteliers rather than the corporate, one-size fits all mentality. Within easy walking distance are some of the finest restaurants in the city, like Alma, Bachelor Farmer, Borough, and many others. Surkyk's for wine, Kramarczuk's Deli, and Lunds supermarket are within 2-3 blocks. And then there is the wonderful river walk. Parking, which adds $20-$25/night at many hotels, is free as is the wi-fi. The staff is friendly and very helpful. It's a unfortunate that the hotel is not busier. But then, that makes it more exclusive. Don't expect a corporate, business hotel, discover a more intimate, European style experience.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that faces the Mississippi River.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

My wife and I had 4 marvelous days at Nicollet Island Inn [August 2013].

The place is exceptional:
fine breakfast and lunch,
quiet, spacious rooms,
staff who ENJOY being there.

Moreover,
this is the ONLY inn on an island in the Mississippi River.
The history--from Native Americans to being part of the first bridge across this river--is fascinating.
Read all about it from a book at the inn.

The location is exquisite:
a stroll to Saint Anthony Falls and the dramatic (walking) Stone Arch Bridge.
Then an easy walk to the terrific Mill Park Museum.

Why this Inn doesn't have stellar reviews is a mystery to me...

Room Tip: Decide if you want to have a room on the city side or river side (my recommendation). Unfortunately...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Nicollet Island Inn? Share your experiences!