“Sunday Brunch” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Ankeny, Iowa
“Sunday Brunch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2012

The brunch is delicious and you can custom order an omelet, bloody mary and a mimosa!! Sooo good!! The cheesy hashbrowns were to die for and then they brought us some caramel rolls!! Who wouldnt love this place??

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Good food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2012

I have been here more times than I can count and for a variety of reasons. I've had parties here, watched a game or a private dinner. The service and food is hit or miss. Sometimes it has been excellent and other times I leave disappointed. Most of the time the food is good but lately I have had problems with the sides (french fries, etc) coming out cold. They always send them back but its happened so many times now we have started looking for new places to try. Its really disappointing because our family used to love this place.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Fantastic food, great atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

Had a great lunch. This place always delivers on quality, service and atmosphere. There's always something for everyone. I really enjoy the "Build your own.." menus.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Boston, MA
“Here for a party, good food for the crowd”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2012

We were at Tavern on France for a rehearsal dinner for 60 people. They had us in the back room, which while not shut off completely from the rest of the restaurant was still separated. And because there were 60 of us, I wasn't expecting great food or service... I was pleasantly surprised.

The service was okay - I think trying to find the recipient of a drink in a large mingling crowd is really hard and they did a good job here. Once we were seated, it would have been nice if the wait staff had come around a bit more often, but again with a big group it can be challenging.

Each table had bruschetta and artichoke dip appetizers and both were really good. I don't want to think of the amount of butter on the bread, but it was tasty. As a large group we were given a limited menu to select from, but it seemed to be a good sampling of their main menu. Our table ordered a variety of main courses - steak, flat bread, seared tuna, and a burger. The restaurant did a great job of bringing everything for our table out at the same time (and still hot!). And given the wide range of entree's we all enjoyed our foods. The steaks were done to order and very tender, the seared tunas were well cooked as well.

This was my first time to Tavern on France, but I'd go back (without the huge group) the next time we are in Minnesota.

• Visited June 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Great food!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2012

This place has amazing food. The burgers are the best, but anything on the menu is a good choice! Situated across the street from Southdale Mall, it's in the perfect location. They have a great patio and if it's nice outside, that's the place to be!

Visited May 2012