“not impressed” 2 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
United States
“not impressed”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2012

this place does not have an identity...chinesse decoration and characters with Hamburgers and see bass on the menu with a deep wine list and fruity drinks !.
New menu is not interesting.
had some fish and rice...was ok. tasty.
they have a very good mojitos too...liked those.
service was bad..we had full drinks and just finished dinner and the waiter brought us the bill !. we wanted to try some desert but since he got us the bill already we slammed the drinks and rolled out.
I doubt this place will remain in business for more than a year.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Plymouth, mn
“Overpriced and On the Way Out”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2012

BATHROOM
1. Super smelly
2. One unisex bathroom for a whole restaurant. What?
3. No Soap in dispenser to wash your hands.
4. Cloth towels dirty (most of them) and clean - honestly 3 clean towels piled up right next to each other
5. This was not a late night meal, this was 6:30 on a Sunday! Bathroom should be clean (and not smell like an outhouse)

FOOD
1. Worse than his former "cater to the suburbian masses" restaurant on Eat Street (Nicollet Avenue)
2. Salty, Bland, Nothing Original, - how many new restaurants are you going to open with the same boring Cranberry Cream Cheese Wontons? Come on now!
3. Burgers and Hotdogs in an Asian Fusion Restaurant? What?
4. Bahn Mi burger (yes we tried it) did not even have any type of French Bread on it (you had said you were pulling from the French influence on Vietnam...)
5. Pictures show Sushi, Dim sum, etc. Guess what was not there!!!!!
6. Reality over salted, no passion, really gross. Just so gross.

SERVER
1. Unattentive
2. Really did not know the menu
3. Had to ask for her
4. When walking past her while the bartender asked what kind of alcohol I wanted in my mixed drink, she said "anything, I don't care" wow, this drink is made with 2 very distinct types of liquors. I think it would be nice if you would have asked me. I told her as I walked by which one I wanted.

OVERALL EXPERIENCE
1. Gross, will not ever go back
2. Dirty
3. Bad Food
4. No Passion
5. I am glad none of us got sick
6. Support any family run/owned restaurant on Eat Street or University instead. So much better, so much more authentic.
7. Way Overpriced

• 1 of 5 stars Food
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Very disappointing!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2012

New menu is terrible. Server provided some sort of explanation that Thom Pham has left the country and the menu has changed. Very strange food options - not the Asian options I expected.... Kitchen was slow and I got sick from the food..... STAY AWAY!!!

• 1 of 5 stars Food
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Interesting Azian Fusion Food...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2012

Great seats by the window to people watch and choose from the as reviewer Efitravelor says, is "diverse and eclectic" menu. The appetizers were unique and superbly seasoned.... From the fresh flavorful ginormous crab cake served with the curry and fruit relish to the galangal basil infused mussels... all yummy. Our table did two burgers one fish, one kobe beef and a 1/2 rack of ribs (enough for at least 2). These were more the standard american fare burger and a little less "Ohhhh-Aweee". Perhaps we should've stuck with more the asian fusion food choices ; rather than vere off to burgers and so should've Thom Phan.

• 3 of 5 stars Food
Minneapolis
“My all time favorite on Hennepin Ave”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2012

If I know I am headed to Hennepin Ave in Mpls, I always will make a point to stop in - whether it is just for a light bite and a drink, or make dinner plans. Thom's place on East Street was one of my big favorites also, but now that it is gone, this is my go to place. Very diverse and eclectic menu. You can always find some different and usual, but always delicious. Service can sometimes be spotty, dependin on how busy they are, but such is life. My all time favorite on their menu has to be the Black Cod appetizer. It is slow cooked in their clay oven, and is such a treat it is hard to explain without trying it.

• Visited May 2012