“Best way to see Minneapolis!!!” 5 of 5 stars

612-338-7777
Website
Improve this listing
More attraction details
Owner description: The Hitching Company provides horse drawn carriage rides / tours in downtown Minneapolis. Relaxing and enjoyable for all ages. Carriage drivers provide both cultural and historical narration during the ride. All rides are private. A variety of pickup locations and tour durations available. Maximum of 4 adults per carriage. Reservations are highly recommended.
Lakeville, Minnesota
4 attraction reviews
“Best way to see Minneapolis!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2014

Our evening out was a gift from a daughter who never can figure what to give us. By far this was one of her better gifts. We enjoyed the evening with a beautiful hour ride from The Nicollet Inn and ending with going over the Stone Arch Bridge. Since we live in Lakeville and do get to Minneapolis often we have discovered a new area that we plan to return to visit again. Marble the horse and his driver, Beth, took us on a most memorable ride. I would for sure recommend this experience, even if it is not for a special occasion.

Visited July 2014

“Magical”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014 via mobile

We were celebrating mom's 70th birthday with dinner at the Nicollet Island Inn and with the carriage ride. It was a relaxing and unforgettable night. Thanks for a splendid time!

Visited July 2014
Savage, Minnesota
“My surprise Anniversary date for my wife.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2014

I wanted to surprise my wife with a carriage ride for our 22nd wedding anniversary. I got their phone number from The Nicollet Inn. We were picked up in front of the Inn at 6:30 sharp. A beautiful white carriage with red interior. Our driver, Emily and Marbles, the horse, made our ride very enjoyable. We had a great time and look forward to doing it again. We have some nice pictures and great memories of our evening together. My wife absolutely Loved the ride. Thank You Steve & Kim.

Visited June 2014
Columbia Heights, Minnesota
“Excellent Experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2014

My wife and I took the 1 hour tour from the Nicollet Island Inn, and it was fantastic! We were on the 9:30 tour, so the city was quiet and dark. Our tour guide was very casual and friendly - we had pet Mike the horse and chatted with the driver (who's name I wish I could remember) earlier in the day, so were very happy when we realized she was our driver that night. It was magically romantic and fun. I can recommend to anybody to take a ride with the Hitching Company.

Visited May 2014
Plymouth, Minnesota
“Prom Adventure”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2014

My daughter and her friends were very surprised when the carriage arrived while we were standing in front of the Hyatt awaiting the surprise we had arranged for them. They commented on how, while dressed in their formal gowns for Prom, they felt like princesses touring the city. "People were looking at us and waving at us, and some were taking pictures!"

This was a great experience for these young ladies. And as this was their Junior year in High School, I expect they'll be asking to do this again next year.

Visited May 2014