“Baseball: the game, the event.” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #2 of 269 things to do in Minneapolis
3 attraction reviews
“Baseball: the game, the event.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

Watching the Minnesota Twins play ball started in 1963 for me. The Met. The Dome. And now: The Field.
Going to The Field is like going to a big party. And the baseball this season deserves a good party!
Come for the fun. Come for the game. Either way, get a ticket and come to the party!

Bountiful, Utah
32 attraction reviews
“Beautiful Stadium with Nice Family Section”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

I visited this stadium for the first time as part of a large tour group. We purchased group priced tickets in the Family Section. For $25 we got admittance to the game and 1 hot-dog and 1 drink. We sat in sections 310 and 311 which had a beautiful view of the field and excellent sight lines of the game and the score board / jumbo tron. This was my first time to ever see a pro-baseball game. I didn't know what to expect. I was spoiled, since this is a brand new arena and very clean and beautiful. Our usher for the evening Kellie was so nice! She took the time to explain the game to me, she taught me baseball game etiquette (when someone is up to bat, don't stand at the railing or go up and down the aisles - stay in your seat or wait to be seated). She also told me all about the stadium. I learned that it is a very eco friendly building. The seats were designed to filter rain water into a giant under ground tank and it is recycled and used to water the beautifully manicured grass field. The jumbo tron is very entertaining - always some new game or visual to see with shots of the crowd like the "water cam" and the "kissing cam", as well as dance contests and other inter-active audience participation things. I attended the Twins vs. Chicago White Sox. The Twins were on top of their game and had two big home run plays and some other exciting plays. They won handily and there were fireworks at the end. We also loved the tradition of singing "Take Me Out To The Ballgame" in the middle of the 7th Inning. At the end of the game, I was presented with a really nice "First Game" certificate by the guest services. I fully enjoyed myself. My husband was not there and was very jealous. I would definitely enjoy coming to a game here again some day.
Tip: Don't buy anything at the expensive gift shop. There is a Target Store just 3 blocks away that has plenty of T-shirts and memorabilia for a fraction of the cost.

Northfield, Minnesota, United States
7 attraction reviews
“Tour of Target Field”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

Ten of us enjoyed a great tour of the facilities at Target Field. I was not terribly excited about it, but I thought it was fascinating. We saw the suites, the team room, the memorabilia, the recycling effort and much more. The guide, Kim, was excellent and went beyond the alotted 1 1/2 hours. We happily enjoyed it.

Kansas City, Missouri
18 attraction reviews
“Nice Stadium and convenient.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

The train will take you right to the stadium. We stayed at the Westin downtown and we just walked over to the stadium - it's about a 6 or 7 block walk to get there. Lots of options for restaurants in the area. The stadium food was okay, but nothing spectacular. We did get the cheese curds which was something different and they were pretty good, but very greasy. There is a little bar area in the outfield where a lot of folks hang out for SRO. Looked like they were having the most fun. There is a beer roof top area, but you have to have a ticket to get up there, so am not sure what is up there.

London, United Kingdom
“baseball trip”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

i liked the giant scoreboard and the view from my seat was excellent,the only thing i disliked was my team lost the game