“Good italian restaurant” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Bar La Grassa

Bar La Grassa
800 North Washington Avenue, Minneapolis, MN (Warehouse District)
Website
Cross street: 8th St
Modena, Italy
“Good italian restaurant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2013

I'm italian and last week i go trhee time in this restaurant and my opinon is good is litle bit americanaized but all is fresh and all is good!!!!!

• Visited November 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Andover, Minnesota
“First time, not the last for sure.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

My wife and I decided we want to explore different restaurants in the Twin Cities that we have never been to before. We were both pleasantly surprised and quite satisfied with this choice. The service was excellent, even when the waitress accidently knocked over the wine bottle on me, and the food was quite superb. It is a part of town we would never think to go to for dinner, but we had a wonderful experience and will definitely be back again.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Denver, Colorado
“Amazing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Bar La Grassa lived up to the hype with this visit. We sampled a lot of different entrees among our party and everything was great! Would definitely go back again when I'm in Minneapolis.

Visited August 2013
Rogers, Minnesota
“Great for Anniversary”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

My wife and I celebrated our 21st anniversary at this restaurant. We spent nearly 2 hours sharing a series of small plates. It was fun trying a multitude of different pastas. We just kept ordering two at a time and they would come out at the right time so the pacing was really good. We enjoyed a bottle of wine and shared a desert. All in, the meal was just over $100 which I was really surprised about. The wine was $30 by itself so having all the different plates we tried, I totally expected this to be closer to $200, particularly with the wine. All the food was great, pricing was fair and the ambience was exactly what we were looking for. I can't wait to go back with the whole family

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
New York City, New York
“Wonderful Ambiance and Service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

The service was so wonderful but I hate to say that perhaps our party of eight just were unlucky and had a chefs bad night. We ALL did not like our food. We are foodies travel extensively and have eaten at this restaurant many times but last night for sure was an off night.
So sorry to write a review that does not live up to the reputation of Bar La Grassa as it generally is excellent.
I did call the general manager who is a very gracious host and she said she was sorry.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere