“Great service” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Bar La Grassa

Bar La Grassa
800 North Washington Avenue, Minneapolis, MN (Warehouse District)
Website
Cross street: 8th St
Omaha, Nebraska, United States
“Great service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

though we couldn't get a table, we sat at the bar which I will say was an awesome experience. The Bartender and his team was so informative and helpful and always there to take care of us. The food was amazing from the complimentary apps to the entree. You won't go wrong.

• Visited September 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Disappointed”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

I had been to this restaurant multiple times on business and had been happy, however I was quite disappointed when I went last weekend with my husband for our 10th wedding anniversary. I had mentioned when I made the reservation that it was a special occasion and she made an extra note of it when she confirmed the reservation the next day. Not sure what I expected, but it would have been nice if they would have acknowledged it when we showed up for dinner. Not a congratulations in sight! It was way too loud and we had to scream to hear each other across the table. I was not impressed with the service either: my appetizer (a marlin crudo where the lemon overwhelmed the fish taste) was served with the fork swimming in oil and the waitress did not even notice it. At the end of the meal the server literally threw a couple of (complimentary) almond brittle across the table for us to try. I noticed the other waiters would serve them nicely in a dish.
To be fair my husband liked the Arancini and the cavatelli with braised rabbit (hence the Average and not Poor review), however my Pasta Negra with sea urchin and mussels tasted bland and the mussels looked shriveled. I was disappointed to have such a poor dining experience on such an important night out. (Sadly) I will not go back.

• Visited September 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“The bruschetta!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

I was only there for drinks and appetizers so I can't speak to a full meal (and that's also the only reason I hesitate to give it 5 stars), but the lobster and egg bruschetta was DIVINE! It melts in your mouth - a must try.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
pittsford ny
“Good fun joint”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

It had a great vibe as soon as you walked in the door,place was packed on a thursday night,everybody having fun. Menu was good lots of interesting bruschettas and pastas great for sharing.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Johannesburg, South Africa
“Great food, average service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

We visited Bar La Grassa last night with friends - eager to experience what all the hype has been about. On a Tuesday night, the place was packed (and noisy to match). The place has a fun vibe and is great spot for people watching. We tried the infamous soft egg with lobster bruschetta, and it was incredibly yummy - though very rich. Our table of 4 split one order, and we were all happy with the taste, but grateful we didn't have more. The half orders of pasta are a wonderful option - esp if you are with a group of friends and want to try several varieties. At our table, we tried the crab ravioli (yummy, but rich), fusilli w/ lamb meatballs (fabulous), gnocchi w/ cauliflower and orange (terrific), and torchio with mint and peas (excellent). We were all very happy with our pasta choices. It is a great place - probably not in my top 5 around town, but certainly an enjoyable meal, and a fun place to try in the north loop.

I don't know if the full house was a surprise last night, but it seemed as though the waitstaff were under-staffed, as well as the dishwasher (had to wait for glasses, cutlery, etc.).

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere