“Hit and miss for service, great quality” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #29 of 69 Activities in Minneapolis
Type: Educational Sites, Wellness & Spas
More attraction details
Owner description: Students offer spa and beauty services at reasonable prices.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
26 attraction reviews
“Hit and miss for service, great quality”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2012

I have been to the Aveda Institute a number of times for haircuts, and always have had great results (especially for $16!!). This time, we did a girls' weekend, and three of us got the "Rejuvenation Package"; one got the "Serenity Spa Package". Excellent service, excellent packages - we were very, very happy with those results. We also each had a haircut and one of us had a color scheduled. They add to the cost of the color if you have thick and long hair - this is not the issue as much as the attitude of the stylist when I went to go ask about it. She was really, really rude to me and said if I didn't like it, "go get my instructor and tell him." Well, no. I made her get the instructor and told him about her extremely bad attitude.

In the end, we were all happy with the results, and all but one of the service providers were wonderful. I was reminded that because it is a training facility, part of what they are learning is customer service. Fine - but remember, THIS customer stands up for herself.

Visited May 2012

Prior Lake
3 attraction reviews
“cheap but lone”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2012

they take ages but do a great job, pedicures are useless tho.

Visited May 2011
Hudson, Wisconsin
69 attraction reviews
“Great hair at a great price”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2012

Used to get my hair done here when I worked downtown Minneapolis. Could work with a student in training and get a great style for a really reasonable price. They get some great training at this Institute.

Oakdale, Minnesota
17 attraction reviews
“Funky and affordable”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 29, 2012

Great place to be adventurous with your hair without paying too much. Also, great place to inexpensively get something routine, like waxing. The students work under an instructor's watchful eye, so the only down side is that it might take a little longer than a regular salon. Have gone there for years and have had great experiences.

Minneapolis
28 attraction reviews
“Amazing for the Price”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2012

No matter where else I go I still find I get the best color and haircuts here. I've also tried their manicure/pedicures - which are quite relaxing, and massages are hit and miss depending on who you get. I highly recommend this place. It does take longer for services, but well worth it to have it come out right!