“Booked the wrong hotel, but it worked out” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express Minneapolis Downtown (Convention Center)

Save Saved
You added Holiday Inn Express Minneapolis Downtown (Convention Center) to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express Minneapolis Downtown (Convention Center)
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   225 South 11th Street, Minneapolis, MN 55403 (Downtown)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #25 of 48 Hotels in Minneapolis
Moline, Illinois
“Booked the wrong hotel, but it worked out”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

We accidentally booked this property instead of the one in downtown St. Paul. The staff was very helpful and we ended up staying here after all. It is very easy to get to. We had to park across the street, but that's easy too. Overnight cost to park was only $14. Breakfast was great. Rooms were very clean.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Anacortes, Washington
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

I have business in Minneapolis every few months, and often last minutes, so it's not always easy for me to get a room downtown and often stay near the airport. But this time, I was able to work it out to stay downtown, and I decided I would pay full price at this property versus my company's corporate rate at Hyatt so I could have the Priority Club points because there is a Holiday Inn I like to spend my points on in Portland.

If I EVER decide to do this again, I will be staying at the Crowne Plaza or not getting the points and staying at Hyatt for a lot less money.
The night I was there, there were kids running up and down the halls everywhere. This is completely unacceptable. Round them up and haul them to foster homes if the parents act like that! My kids have NEVER had to be yelled at to quiet down or stop running in public! Then the bars closed and the night clerk (who was VERY nice and apologetic to me when I called down) was very busy trying to make these adults behave as such. No security guard! I know from the time I was mugged that the police in Minneapolis are terrible and don't answer their calls, but if I had known there wasn't a security guard, for what I paid, there is no way I'd have stayed there. The whole place is full of kids and adults that are partying and I swear to ch*ist the only other sober adult was the night clerk!

I spoke to the front office manager the next day and she blew off my comments (including the compliments about her stellar employee!) like I was bucking for a free night, which isn't the case. I'm not interested in charity. I just expect an expensive downtown hotel to have, at minimum ONE SECURITY GUARD and maybe limit how many drunks they let in the door.

My only other complaint was the butter I had at breakfast was rancid and the middle aged black gentleman told me it wasn't. Excuse me? I didn't even believe it was his fault. Sometimes food comes spoiled from the suppliers. I just walked away.
The people that run this place should go to the Crowne Plaza on Appletree and learn a thing or two.
Also, there aren't very many parking spaces available but I saw people in Holiday Inn uniforms getting in and out of cars there. I didn't drive this trip, but that would really anger me to see employees parked there and then if I was told they were out of parking.

Room Tip: There are great rooms at the Hyatt Regency and also the Crowne Plaza near the airport!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Minneapolis Downtown (Convention Center), responded to this review, February 13, 2013
Dear slutcakes,

As a Priority Club Rewards Platinum member you are one of our most important guests, and we greatly appreciate you taking the time to bring this matter to our attention. Please accept my sincere apology for the shortcomings you experienced during your stay and regret our hotel fell below your expectations in many aspects. We constantly strive to provide an environment of comfort and value to our guests, therefore, we are sincerely concerned when we fall short of your expectations. Rest assured, your input will be shared with our management team for the purpose of bringing improvement to these identified weakness and rectify any unsatisfactory experiences.

Again, thank you for staying with us and taking the time to give feedback.

Krysllin G.
Case Manager
Appleton, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

Nice place that it is by the convention center. The only thing that i dont like is that the parking, but there is a lot accross the street. So not bad close to downtown so walking is great too. We go to the motorcycle show that is one block away so it is nice for that.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Minneapolis
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

My stay at the hotel was a most pleasurable one: the sheets and encased coverlet were immaculate, as were the towels. The room was fully equipped with hair dryer, iron and ironing board, television, alarm, etc. The room was quiet. The staff was uniformly friendly and eager to be of assistance. I felt very well taken care of.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Falls Church, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

The hotel was clean and the staff was great. Many restaurants were closed for the holiday but the staff helped us find great choices. They printed directions and information on the restaurants and made reservations for us. We felt like we were at an expensive boutique hotel.

Parking was additional but convenient and breakfast was great. Staff at breakfast again were in the excellent category.

We had some family members stop by and we really enjoyed the seating area in the lobby. It felt like our own living room.

Room Tip: We were on the fifth floor and really didn't hear a thing from any other travelers.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
London, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

On a recent trip to the cities for a convention, I found this hotel and after a quick read through Tripadvisor, decided to side with the positive reviews and the reasonable price.

The Hotel was quiet and pleasant. Well within easy walking of the convention center and any food amenities you might need. In winter, you would need to take a short walk outside in order to reach the transit walkways that connect many of the downtown buildings and allow for coat-free travel.

Parking is not a problem. My suggestion however would be to not bother with the hotel parking. The lot is tiny and access will be hit and miss; there is a large municipal parking ramp right across the street. Parking might even be cheaper on the public ramp.

Took us a bit of driving around to find the place. If you are not familiar with the area, your attention might be distracted by the immediate traffic navigation needs of the wide street and the hotel is easy to miss. It is almost immediately after you get on 11th street on the left hand side. GPS was not a big help in pinpointing the spot!

Breakfast was a notch above what many business hotels offer as far as variety and quality.

All in all, I would stay here again.

Room Tip: The downtown Minneapolis area gets very quiet at night so room selection should not be an issue.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
New Milford, Connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Convenient location for the convention center. Not worth $180 that we were charged as a convention attendee. There regular rate when there isn't a conference is more acceptable at about $90. Room was clean and the wifi worked.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

Been to Holiday Inn Express Minneapolis Downtown (Convention Center)? Share your experiences!