“Convenient to Convention Center” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express Minneapolis Downtown (Convention Center)

Save Saved
You added Holiday Inn Express Minneapolis Downtown (Convention Center) to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express Minneapolis Downtown (Convention Center)
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   225 South 11th Street, Minneapolis, MN 55403 (Downtown)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #27 of 49 hotels in Minneapolis
New Milford, Connecticut
“Convenient to Convention Center”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Convenient location for the convention center. Not worth $180 that we were charged as a convention attendee. There regular rate when there isn't a conference is more acceptable at about $90. Room was clean and the wifi worked.

131 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

I recently stayed four days at this hotel for business. It was selected due to its proximity to the Convention Center and its cost (cheaper than its neighbor rivals). I think one reason for its cheap price relates to why I liked it so much -- it was relatively small. It consequently felt more personable. Management was professional, and the room and general facility was well maintained. Perhaps the only valued perk that was missing was a restaurant/bar. However, I'd much prefer to miss this amenity in place for a smaller scale establishment at cheaper price.

Moses Lake, Washington, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2012

We choose this Hotel because we thought we could depend on the consistency of Holiday Inn Express standards.
This hotel does not even come close to the level of service and cleanliness we have always experienced when we have stayed at Holiday Inns in the past. The common areas in the hotel were dirty (the elevator was downright icky), the carpets needed to be vacuumed walls were marked and dirty in areas. We were sent to a room that house keeping had not even cleaned yet. We went to the front desk and told them our room was dirty. The response was "how dirty?". Does it matter how dirty????? They sent us to a new room that had been cleaned and was adequate.
To be fair, I need to give them a heads up for the continental breakfast. It was very good.

When I got home I realized I had left my Clairisonic facial cleaning system in the room (a $120.00 value item). I called them the very next day to report it. I was told someone would call me back about it and no one did. I called again the next day and was promised a call back but again no one did. I called AGAIN and complained about the lack of follow through on the lost item. I was told they could not locate the item but would call me if it is ever found. I'm not holding my breath!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Calgary
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

one block from the Convention Center you have a small, comfortable, clean hotel with good service at a great price. My room was very large with a king size bed, desk with ethernet cable as well as free Wi-Fi connection. There is a coffeemaker but no mini bar and no microwave nor fridge. There is a free breakfast which can be delivered to your room if you wish or you can eat it in the (small) breakfast room....nothing fancy but well worth it as it's included in the room price. The staff are very helpful, I got a free safety deposit box, they were efficient with my wake-up calls and ordering cabs....
For convenience for conferencing, you can't do better for the price.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Moorhead
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

I stayed here for two nights. My room was very large. I had a queen-sized bed, couch, desk area with directions for connecting through either Wifi or the provided ethernet cable, and a kitchenette with a microwave, refrigerator and cabinets. The room was super clean and was very comfortable and easy to work in. The free breakfast was also good and consisted of standard hotel staples such as powdered scrambled eggs, hash browns, cereals, milk, juice, etc. I'd definitely stay here again because it was well worth the price for the room, helpful staff, the breakfast, and the location.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Minneapolis
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012

Rude staff. Unresponsive to legitimate complaints. I won't stay here again. There are much better hotels that are actually cheaper and have better service. If you do choose to stay here don't plan on sleeping.

Room Tip: Pick another hotel
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Minneapolis Downtown (Convention Center), responded to this review, October 22, 2012
Dear Emm P,

Thank you for your review regarding your experience. We greatly appreciate you taking the time to bring this matter to our attention and apologize for any inconvenience the hotel staff may have caused. We will follow up with the staff to ensure that similar incidents won't happen again. We appreciate your feedback as this is our best resource for improving guest services.

Zelyn N
Case Manager
IHGCare
Onalaska, Wisconsin
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

Stayed here two nights. I would stay again, but this would not be my first choice.

Pros:
1. Right downtown.
2. Close to bars, shopping
3. Friendly Staff
4. Morning breakfast delivery to room if wanted.
5. Clean rooms

Cons:
1. Very small parking lot, espically if you drive something bigger than a car.
2. Getting in and out is tricky due to its busy downtown location.
3. Very small bathrooms
4. No refridgerator or microwave in our room.
5. Beds and pillows were not very comfortable.

Although I would stay here again, the things that I didn't like the most were the small parking stalls (I have a 4 door truck), I wasn't impressed with the older small bathroom and the bed not being very comfortable. This is a fairly good location with clean rooms and friendly staff.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Minneapolis Downtown (Convention Center), responded to this review, October 4, 2012
Dear ZLouis,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments about your recent stay with us. I'm happy to hear that you liked our convenient location, friendly staff and clean rooms. We are deeply sorry you found the size of the bathroom, condition of the bed and parking area to be less than satisfactory. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas. We welcome any opportunity to improve.

We hope that you take the time to stop in for a visit soon to see how we have taken every comment very seriously in order to make your future stays with us as pleasant as possible.

Zelyn N
Case Manager
IHGCare

Been to Holiday Inn Express Minneapolis Downtown (Convention Center)? Share your experiences!