“Great Pizza Period” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Black Sheep Coal Fired Pizza

Black Sheep Coal Fired Pizza
600 Washington Ave N, Minneapolis, MN 55401-1249 (Warehouse District)
612-342-2625
Neighborhood: Warehouse District
Plymouth, Minnesota
“Great Pizza Period”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

The Meatball pizza is by far and away the best item on the menu. They make the meatballs fresh everyday on site. I have eaten pizza in New York and Chicago, Black Sheep has an awesome crust with great flavor. My kids who can be picky at times also loved the pizza. The downside is the restaurant is very small and doesn't have enough space when there is a wait.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere

88% Recommend
Bismarck, North Dakota
“Best Pizza We Have Ever Had!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

We traveled to Minneapolis and after reading reviews we got takeout for our hotel. We got 2 different ones, both fabulous. Only complaint is that parking was tough for Friday night to just grab our carryout. It would be nice to have dedicated spot for pickups. We will eat here again!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Minnesota
“Fantastic Pizza, Great Beer Selection, Don't Overlook the Salads”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

There's a bit of a Pizza arms race going on in Minneapolis. Representing the fast changing North Loop neighborhood (And St. Paul as well) is Black Sheep. The crust is this and tasty without the use of gimmicky seasonings. The oven uses a traditional American Coal fire oven. The beer selection is sure to please those who lean towards hops, and the salads are not an afterthought like many restaurants. My personal favorite is Meatball, Ricotta & Garlic and the seasonal Farmers Market Salad.

• Visited January 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Apple Valley, Minnesota, United States
“Quite Good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

My husband and I settled on the Black Sheep after some debate. The pizza was incredibly good. We were very pleased by it. We had a simple pepperoni pizza but it was very well done. Their dough, marinara, and cheese created a really wonderful combination. We also really enjoyed the bread with marinara. I would definitely recommend the food.

As for the seating, we were there on a Saturday night about 7pm so we expected it to be busy. If you plan to eat here on a weekend, plan for some long wait times. In our case, we were told that we could wait in the hallway (on the stairwell) and someone would call us. We watched couple after couple called but not us. Finally, I went inside to find out what was happening. I found my name promptly crossed off of the list. I asked the host who replied a little rudely that he had called our name but we didn't respond. He did admit that he didn't walk out into the come hallway but didn't feel that he should have had to do so. We did finally get a table (we rejected sitting at the bar where everyone was putting empty beer glasses) about 10 minutes later. Our server was very good and very personable. The food did arrive promptly, as well.

Overall, it was a great choice. The food was delicious and the service (except the slightly rude host) was very good. I would recommend this restaurant.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
gman1868
“Best pizza in Minnesota”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

Have visited on several occasions. After having had pizza in New York, I was spoiled. The flavor and quality of the crust, sauce, cheese, toppings is something that most Pizzarias cannot match.

Enter Black Sheep Pizza. True to the traditions of authentic New York pizza, Black Sheep does more than copy the original. They use the best quality and prepare it well. It's my favorite pizza and will be happy to return again and again.

Make sure you visit Black Sheep Pizza, just be aware you may become addicted as I have :)

• Visited July 2012