“Excellent Hotel with Outstanding Service!” 5 of 5 stars

Bed and Breakfast Deal!
Ranked #1 of 49 hotels in Minneapolis
GreenLeadersBronze level
Alabama
“Excellent Hotel with Outstanding Service!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2010

From the second we stepped foot into this hotel until the moment we left the hotel staff went above and beyond all our expectations. The professionalism of the entire staff was greatly appreciated. They made us look good to our client and customers. Every need was met and every detail followed through on. The hotel is brand new and has modern designs and details. The rooms were a comfortable size and even came with a refrigerator and microwave station that had coffee & a coffee maker. The beds were very comfortable which was a nice treat after a long day at work. I was surprised at how tasty the food was at the hotel. There were several meals we had to eat at the hotel and I don't believe I heard one single complaint. The location of this hotel is very convenient and safe. The valet staff were very attentive to the details. If you called valet before leaving your room they had your vehicle waiting on you. I cannot express how impressed I was with this hotel. I highly recommend this hotel for personal and business. I plan to return to Minneapolis on my personal time and will definitely stay at this hotel. Thank you Andrea, Chris, Ryan and the entire staff for making our event a successful one. We couldn't have done it without you all!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business

508 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
Nashville, Tennessee
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2010

About ME: I average 250 room nights/yr for the last 5 yrs. 34/M/Hipster

This is your run-of-the-mill overpriced convention center-type hotel.

CONS: No parking onsite (valet=$24/dy); no bus service within 6 blocks; 12+ blocks to the light rail (Government Station); no restaurants for 6+ blocks (Hell's Kitchen {not related to TV] is the closest with Hennepin Ave being second closest (cab); onsite EXPENSIVE dining; no convenience stores for about 11 blocks (CVS); closest shopping for limited groceries (in-room fridge) is Target on Hennepin; average rooms - the beds aren't even close to others (W-owned have the BEST IMO); good pillows; change sheets everyday even if you ask them not to; poor recycling; minimal use of enviro-friendly building/design materials.

PROS: Free wi-fi on all floors; nice biz center w/free printing and a flight check-in kiosk; VERY nice staff; good shuttle service if you don't use it more that one/two times a day (tip well if you want them to pick you up in a timely manner); cute hostess at the restaurant :)

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business
Lake Villa, Illinois, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2010

The room was big, the bed was comfortable, and the desk was a nice size to do some work. I had a beer and a sandwich at the bar in the hotel and the service was excellent. The breakfast was good, too. The next time I'm in town, I'll stay here again!

Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2010

I have never been more impressed with a hotel in all of my life. From Liiban who checked me in with such energy & professionalism, called me by name the entire week to Nicole who is a mind reader & called Liiban right after I asked him about obtaining more hangars, he needed her to find out how. Edgar the Engineer who came out right in time to not only help me up with my bags, move rooms & but also helped me to get those extra hangars I needed. Eric the outgoing and charismatic bartender made each evening meal or beverage an entertaining affair. The made to order breakfast is quick and very tasty with an equally as energetic and helpful crew. The Valet Team is just as vivacious & on the ball...You need your car? Just call their number & it's "5-10 minutes" there waiting for you with a smile and a hand to help you load your bags. Lastly Andrea who explained to me that the reason this hotel is such a diamond is because everyone really enjoys their job & it shows! There are couches right outside if you'd like to surf the web under the sun, the Nicolette Street Mall right down the street, the freeway is around the corner & TVs at each table if you'd like to watch your own show while you eat. If you miss dinner ask the hotel front desk about the delivery... They'll give you a menu for American Pie who can deliver anything on that menu, or if you'd rather have Pizza, they make and deliver that too. Whether you want Ethernet or Wireless, Dine in or Dine out made to order breakfast or HHonors points. Ask about the Think Green trial which allows you to receive points if you choose not to have housekeeping service. This hotel has it all and more than you ever would expect. Next time you're planning to visit Minneapolis or just want to be delighted at every turn, this is the hotel you should make your reservation at. Thank you Downtown Hilton Garden Team for making my stay & your other guests' such a wonderfully WOW experience!!

Columbus, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2010

The pros: convenient to the convention center and area restaurants. Room had nice amenities, good layout and size. Clean.
The cons: service, comfort. Although the hotel was completely booked during our convention, they were not staffed and could not handle the crowd. An hour and a half after ordering dinner on Thursday evening, we were told there was only one guy in the kitchen and he hadn't started on our meals. The front desk was occasionally unstaffed. Valet had no info/help regarding the hotel shuttle and never offered to help with transportation/cab/etc. Many of us found the air conditioning in the room to be unreliable, leading to waking us up when the room warmed up through the night.
Overall, my stay was uncomfortable and negatively impacted my business travel with poor sleep due to the room temp and inconvenience by having to go out for dinner and finding a cab restaurant on my own.

Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2010

I have stayed at this hotel three times now for business and will keep going back. Here are my thoughts:

Location: Nice- 7 minute walk to the center of the city/restaraunts/bars, etc

Staff-Was quick to answer any questions I had and help where they could. Great Service.

Hotel-VERY clean, modern feel, nice little restaraunt. Nice workout facility on site.

Rooms: All Hilton Gardens are about the same, which is why I stay at them for business travel as I always know what to expect. The rooms are standard rooms, but are VERY clean and well kept. The bathrooms are roomy and of course the best part, they have the sleep number type beds, which are awesome!! During the week when I stay, its very quiet in the rooms.

Food: I had their room service and the food was good.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2010

I have been staying at this hotel ( Hilton ) down town Minneapolis, for more than ten (10) years. I have always found it to be very homely. The rooms are clean and spacious, view fantastic and not very noisy at all compared to elsewhere.
The staff are courteous, beginning with the door me. The desk receptionists and the
MANAGER will go out of their way to accommodate you if you have a problem. I was a recipient of such good treatment. The room service personnel are very thorough as well.
My only complaint is that the food is a bit too salty and the chef should be reminded that health wise he should curb the salt. This is all the time, not a one shot deal. I do not intend this to be a negative criticism but instead a positive one which could save a life.

Stayed April 2010, traveled on business

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Minneapolis Downtown? Share your experiences!