“Convenient - great value - friendly staff” 5 of 5 stars

Bed and Breakfast Deal!
Ranked #1 of 48 Hotels in Minneapolis
GreenLeadersBronze level
Lake Villa, Illinois, USA
“Convenient - great value - friendly staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2010

The room was big, the bed was comfortable, and the desk was a nice size to do some work. I had a beer and a sandwich at the bar in the hotel and the service was excellent. The breakfast was good, too. The next time I'm in town, I'll stay here again!

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2010

I have never been more impressed with a hotel in all of my life. From Liiban who checked me in with such energy & professionalism, called me by name the entire week to Nicole who is a mind reader & called Liiban right after I asked him about obtaining more hangars, he needed her to find out how. Edgar the Engineer who came out right in time to not only help me up with my bags, move rooms & but also helped me to get those extra hangars I needed. Eric the outgoing and charismatic bartender made each evening meal or beverage an entertaining affair. The made to order breakfast is quick and very tasty with an equally as energetic and helpful crew. The Valet Team is just as vivacious & on the ball...You need your car? Just call their number & it's "5-10 minutes" there waiting for you with a smile and a hand to help you load your bags. Lastly Andrea who explained to me that the reason this hotel is such a diamond is because everyone really enjoys their job & it shows! There are couches right outside if you'd like to surf the web under the sun, the Nicolette Street Mall right down the street, the freeway is around the corner & TVs at each table if you'd like to watch your own show while you eat. If you miss dinner ask the hotel front desk about the delivery... They'll give you a menu for American Pie who can deliver anything on that menu, or if you'd rather have Pizza, they make and deliver that too. Whether you want Ethernet or Wireless, Dine in or Dine out made to order breakfast or HHonors points. Ask about the Think Green trial which allows you to receive points if you choose not to have housekeeping service. This hotel has it all and more than you ever would expect. Next time you're planning to visit Minneapolis or just want to be delighted at every turn, this is the hotel you should make your reservation at. Thank you Downtown Hilton Garden Team for making my stay & your other guests' such a wonderfully WOW experience!!

Columbus, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2010

The pros: convenient to the convention center and area restaurants. Room had nice amenities, good layout and size. Clean.
The cons: service, comfort. Although the hotel was completely booked during our convention, they were not staffed and could not handle the crowd. An hour and a half after ordering dinner on Thursday evening, we were told there was only one guy in the kitchen and he hadn't started on our meals. The front desk was occasionally unstaffed. Valet had no info/help regarding the hotel shuttle and never offered to help with transportation/cab/etc. Many of us found the air conditioning in the room to be unreliable, leading to waking us up when the room warmed up through the night.
Overall, my stay was uncomfortable and negatively impacted my business travel with poor sleep due to the room temp and inconvenience by having to go out for dinner and finding a cab restaurant on my own.

Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2010

I have stayed at this hotel three times now for business and will keep going back. Here are my thoughts:

Location: Nice- 7 minute walk to the center of the city/restaraunts/bars, etc

Staff-Was quick to answer any questions I had and help where they could. Great Service.

Hotel-VERY clean, modern feel, nice little restaraunt. Nice workout facility on site.

Rooms: All Hilton Gardens are about the same, which is why I stay at them for business travel as I always know what to expect. The rooms are standard rooms, but are VERY clean and well kept. The bathrooms are roomy and of course the best part, they have the sleep number type beds, which are awesome!! During the week when I stay, its very quiet in the rooms.

Food: I had their room service and the food was good.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2010

I have been staying at this hotel ( Hilton ) down town Minneapolis, for more than ten (10) years. I have always found it to be very homely. The rooms are clean and spacious, view fantastic and not very noisy at all compared to elsewhere.
The staff are courteous, beginning with the door me. The desk receptionists and the
MANAGER will go out of their way to accommodate you if you have a problem. I was a recipient of such good treatment. The room service personnel are very thorough as well.
My only complaint is that the food is a bit too salty and the chef should be reminded that health wise he should curb the salt. This is all the time, not a one shot deal. I do not intend this to be a negative criticism but instead a positive one which could save a life.

Stayed April 2010, traveled on business
Portland, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2010

I recently stayed at this Hilton Garden Inn located in downtown Minneapolis for five nights with my husband and two boys. We were in Minneapolis for a family event. We received a really good rate and I was pleasantly surprised by how modern and sleek the hotel is. The staff was attentive from the minute we pulled in, from the friendly valet who parked our car to the cheerful and quick moving staff at the front desk. The lobby is inviting with comfortable seating areas, a stylish contemporary gas fireplace and lots of natural light.

When we arrived we decided there would be no need to get adjoining rooms because a single room was spacious enough for all of us. Not only did it comfortably fit two queen sized beds but it had a separate seating area and a large, very modern bathroom. The kids loved the large-screen TV in the room. They also loved the hotel pool, which was spotless, never crowded and located in a glass-walled room that made us feel almost like we were outdoors. The pool toys were a nice touch too.

My husband and I both liked the exercise room, which had some good elliptical machines. The hotel was also very easy to find and in a great location, within a short walk of shops and restaurants on Nicollet Mall.

The thing I did not like about the hotel was the bar area near the restaurant seemed a little bit noisy one night and since I have young kids, I had to walk them by that area quickly.

During the day, though, we ate at the restaurant and had a great experience, including a full breakfast buffet every morning. My kids woke up looking forward to the fresh waffles, bacon and made-to-order eggs.

The staff at the hotel was very friendly, with the exception of a flippant bar tender who served my husband one night, and even though there were lots of business travelers staying there, we never felt out of place as a family.

My husband and I were really impressed with the hotel. My husband used to travel a lot for business and said this hotel was nearly comparable to any of the really expensive boutique hotels he has stayed at in other cities. Next time we come back for a family event we will definitely stay here. Anna (Portland)

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with family
Minneapolis, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2010

What a great hotel! My husband and I stayed here twice and both times were wonderful experiences. We stayed in the summer for a Twins game and on New Years Eve - the price was the same both times - cheap! The entire staff is eager to help - the doormen to get you cab, the front desk staff for a smooth check-in, the wait staff at breakfast - all top-notch.

The rooms are new, beautifully decorated and immaculately clean. They have "Serenity Collection" beds, Hilton’s version of the adjustable Sleep Number bed. Heaven; I slept like a rock. Even on NYE, our room was quiet.

This hotel is not centrally located in downtown, but Minneapolis is not a huge city; cab fare was $5 for us to get to our party at the IDS Tower. Given that this hotel is half the price of any other place in downtown worth staying in, I’m willing to pay $5 for a cab. The lightrail is about 6 blocks away; walking to the Metrodome or the new Twins stadium would be a bit more of a hike.

The hotel does not have free parking on site. You must use their $24/day valet. We chose to park at the Leamington lot which is less than 2 blocks from the hotel; prices vary by what is going on at the time. We had no security issues leaving our car there; the transit police park in the same garage.

Overall, I would highly recommend this hotel as long as you understand that it is a walk or cab ride to the downtown sites. For the price and quality, you can’t do better. I would highly recommend this to anyone going to a convention, as the Convention Center is extremely close. We will definitely return!

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Minneapolis Downtown? Share your experiences!