I recently stayed at this Hilton Garden Inn located in downtown Minneapolis for five nights with my husband and two boys. We were in Minneapolis for a family event. We received a really good rate and I was pleasantly surprised by how modern and sleek the hotel is. The staff was attentive from the minute we pulled in, from the friendly valet who parked our car to the cheerful and quick moving staff at the front desk. The lobby is inviting with comfortable seating areas, a stylish contemporary gas fireplace and lots of natural light.
When we arrived we decided there would be no need to get adjoining rooms because a single room was spacious enough for all of us. Not only did it comfortably fit two queen sized beds but it had a separate seating area and a large, very modern bathroom. The kids loved the large-screen TV in the room. They also loved the hotel pool, which was spotless, never crowded and located in a glass-walled room that made us feel almost like we were outdoors. The pool toys were a nice touch too.
My husband and I both liked the exercise room, which had some good elliptical machines. The hotel was also very easy to find and in a great location, within a short walk of shops and restaurants on Nicollet Mall.
The thing I did not like about the hotel was the bar area near the restaurant seemed a little bit noisy one night and since I have young kids, I had to walk them by that area quickly.
During the day, though, we ate at the restaurant and had a great experience, including a full breakfast buffet every morning. My kids woke up looking forward to the fresh waffles, bacon and made-to-order eggs.
The staff at the hotel was very friendly, with the exception of a flippant bar tender who served my husband one night, and even though there were lots of business travelers staying there, we never felt out of place as a family.
My husband and I were really impressed with the hotel. My husband used to travel a lot for business and said this hotel was nearly comparable to any of the really expensive boutique hotels he has stayed at in other cities. Next time we come back for a family event we will definitely stay here. Anna (Portland)
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Garden Inn Minneapolis Downtown Hotel
- Hilton Garden Inn Minneapolis Downtown Hotel Minneapolis
- Hilton Garden Inn Minneapolis
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Come and join us in the heart of downtown Minneapolis’ corporations and entertainment districts at Hilton Garden Inn Minneapolis Downtown. You’ll be within walking distance to the exciting Nicollet Mall shopping and just one block from Minneapolis Convention Center. Visit the Walker Art Center or see a show at the Orchestra Hall. Stay in a spacious guest room at this downtown Minneapolis hotel, all of which feature contemporary decor and include complimentary high-speed internet access. Stay energized with the hotel's indoor swimming pool and keep up with your routine with the modern cardiovascular machines and weights in our fitness center. Start each day with a delicious cooked-to-order breakfast at the Great American Grill® restaurant, or pick up supplies at the 24-hour Pavilion Pantry® convenience store. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hilton Hotels, Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity, Venere, Otel and Tingo so you can book your Hilton Garden Inn Minneapolis Downtown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.