Having never stayed at the "Garden Inn" chain of Hilton, I must admit that I am not very impressed. On the surface the facility was nothing extraordinary, tucked in an obscure corner of downtown; one positive is the facility is very close to the convention center.
Staying four days/nights, my room was clean and the facility had a nice decor. Issues I had with the hotel included: No room safe; traveling with expensive computers, etc., it would be nice to have the option to secure my valuables as I've I've had items pilfered in the past. A fridge and microwave are in the room, but there are no plates/bowls or utensils in the event you did want to eat your leftovers from the day before? With a full-service restaurant on-site, you would think that providing cutlery and 'real' glasses shouldn't be such an issue since they're washing dishes anyway; having a cocktail in your room out of a paper cup is rather unappealing. I did eat breakfast in the restaurant which is presented as a "buffet"; it is necessary to order anything that has to be cooked (eggs, bacon, etc.) and the remainder is put out for folks to help themselves.
Another issue I found annoying was the lack of taxi service. Located in an out-of-the-way corner, all of the taxi traffic flow bypasses the hotel. They do offer a limo service which I used to the airport, but even at the $45 flat fee is more expensive than a regular taxi ride (I payed less for my cab fare from the airport to the hotel)!
I would recommend this hotel if you need to be near the convention center and all of the other hotels in the area are booked. Travelers will probably find the other variety of hotels in the area more convenient to restaurants and other attractions in the city.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Garden Inn Minneapolis Downtown Hotel
- Hilton Garden Inn Minneapolis Downtown Hotel Minneapolis
- Hilton Garden Inn Minneapolis
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Come and join us in the heart of downtown Minneapolis’ corporations and entertainment districts at Hilton Garden Inn Minneapolis Downtown. You’ll be within walking distance to the exciting Nicollet Mall shopping and just one block from Minneapolis Convention Center. Visit the Walker Art Center or see a show at the Orchestra Hall. Stay in a spacious guest room at this downtown Minneapolis hotel, all of which feature contemporary decor and include complimentary high-speed internet access. Stay energized with the hotel's indoor swimming pool and keep up with your routine with the modern cardiovascular machines and weights in our fitness center. Start each day with a delicious cooked-to-order breakfast at the Great American Grill® restaurant, or pick up supplies at the 24-hour Pavilion Pantry® convenience store. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Hilton Hotels, Priceline, Travelocity, Venere, Tingo and Otel so you can book your Hilton Garden Inn Minneapolis Downtown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.