“Horrible restaurant service for overpriced meals” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Bed and Breakfast Deal!
Ranked #1 of 48 Hotels in Minneapolis
GreenLeadersBronze level
“Horrible restaurant service for overpriced meals”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013 via mobile

I had stayed at the Hilton garden inn Minneapolis almost every week for a year. I was excited to be coming back. On Monday I like to do a quick workout and grab some room service it good at the hotel. So far so good, until I went to the restaurant. The dinner was brought before my glass of wine, and I had to ask politely for the wine. The Cobb salad was only lettuce, onion, and some tomato. Thinking I misread the menu, I asked about the salad. It was to come with chicken, avocado, and egg as well. Vi was told they would immediately make a new one when I suggested I would just get something else. The salad was retuned seconds later with a flattened chicken breast, ummm, it's he same salad. Can you really take food off a customers table, add to it, and return it, isn't that against some food safety. Unfortunately, this doesn't include dressing. That took another 30 to 40 min. Still waiting on wine..... Took over 20 min of stating to get the check. Over 2 hours for basically a side salad and glass if wine, very small glass if wine. So much for my "relaxing" night in. Next time I'm eating someplace else! At least they might give me my food. To bad the food I finally got was bland, tasteless and gritty :(

• Stayed May 2013
Anthony L, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Minneapolis Downtown, responded to this review, May 15, 2013
Cbjudge,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of our restaurant. I want to start off by saying how terribly sorry I am that this experience happened to you in our restaurant. I cannot think of another time the service and food has been remotely this poor. I would really appreciate it if you would be able to contact me directly to further discuss what happened so that I can take corrective action of this issue as this is not the normal level of service and quality that we offer. My phone number is 612-367-5963 and my email is anthony.leitz2@hilton.com.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
Kailua-Kona, Hawaii
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

The folks in this hotel provided the best service we have ever had, even better than the several 5 stars we have stayed at. Never have I ever wanted to rave about a housekeeping department, but these folks were fabulous! Above and beyond. The front desk people were beyond helpful and the restaurant folks went out of their way to help us out. The printer wasn't working in the business center and after several other attempt to work around it, Haley had me email the file to her personal email and printed it for us. The food at the convention center was horrible so the restaurant made us sandwiches at the last second to take with us. Can't rave enough. Bravo to the staff and Bravo to management for empowering the staff to go above and beyond. Thanks so much!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Anthony L, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Minneapolis Downtown, responded to this review, May 14, 2013
Winnie1010,

Thank you so much for the glowing review of our property! We are so happy you had such an awesome experience with us.
Our Management team does do a terrific job empowering all of our employees, but really nothing motivates our team more than getting direct feedback from our guests, so I thank you again for such a fabulous review!
We hope to see you again soon Winnie!

Best wishes from the entire staff at the Hilton Garden Inn Downtown Minneapolis!
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

I stayed here for a show in the Convention Center and I loved it. I had a rather large room with a beautiful view, typical comfortable bed and functional bathroom. Internet was free and there was all I needed as a business traveller, coffee making facility, ironing board and printer in the business center downstairs. I didn't use the restaurant or breakfast room so can't comment. The location to the Convention Center is excellent, just 3 mins walk, and it is only a few blocks to downtown shopping and entrance to the skywalk. There is also a complimentary shuttle service to downtown which I found useful. Best of all, the staff is super friendly and helpful. Hotel was not cheap (159 US$ plus tax) but definitely worth it. Would go again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Liv V,

Thank you so much for your review of our property! We are so happy that you had such a great experience and were able to utilize all of our amenities.
We do have a fabulous property for business travelers but it is also a great spot for leisure travelers. We hope you are able to visit again when you won't have to work and you can experience all Minneapolis has to offer!

Thanks again Liv V!
McDonough, Georgia, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013

I loved the service here! Be prepared to have a valet parking charge of about $25 if you drive though. The property was clean and the staff so friendly it must have hurt. Within reasonable walking distance of many local eateries. Will I stay here again? Absolutely!

• Stayed May 2013
Anthony L, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Minneapolis Downtown, responded to this review, May 4, 2013
Michael M,

Thank you so much for taking the time to give our property such a good review on Trip Advisor! The next time you stay with us, if you have a car, definitely look in to booking a 'parking package', which includes one car each night of your stay, at no charge!
I also want to say Thank You for extending such motivating words to our staff. They are pleased that their efforts are noticed and appreciated!

Thanks again!
Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

Location: Perfect if you have meetings or a conference at the Convention Center. Otherwise, it is at the south end of town and several blocks from the Nicollet Mall (location of many restaurants and shops).

Appearance: Very nice and clean.

Room: Hallway to Room had a strange odor. I had a corner room which had a window on two walls. I enjoyed the extremely comfortable bed. The TV had some HD stations but most were Analog. Air conditioning worked great (I kept the temperature between 64 & 66 Fahrenheit).

Restaurant: I had room service on three nights. The food was decent and actually surprisingly good for a hotel chain. I stayed with the Chicken club sandwiches and a personal pizza.

Overall: It was a nice stay with no major problems encountered. There are town cars stationed in front of or on the premises of the hotel. A ride to the airport is a flat fee of $40. I was told that there was a train that was available but, it apparently is 6 blocks to the rail stop. I left for the airport in mid-morning and was able to get to the airport in about 20 minutes. That was about the same time that it took to get from the airport to the hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a corner King room. The views from the 9th floor are nice.
Hutchvol,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your review of our property. I love how thorough it is! The location from our hotel to the convention center is indeed very nice for conference goers, especially now that spring/summer is just around the corner.
I do want to offer an apology for the smell you encountered on your floor; it is definitely not typical of our property as our housekeeping staff does a fantastic job!
I am happy to see that you were able to use our town car service, but next time you should try to take the train. Our shuttle will take you the 6 blocks complimentary, and it is a great way to see the city and for only $1.75.
We hope to see you again next time you are in Minneapolis.

Thanks again Hutchvol.
United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

I stayed for a business trip. It was very close to the convention center. The restaurant has good food but you can walk to all the restaurant at the Nicolette Mall. You can catch the light rail to any locations and it's only 1.75. They have a shuttle to pick you up and take to the hotel and back to the light rail. Great stay!

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Nicole M,

Thank you for the glowing review of our property! We are happy you were able to use our some of our amenities and take the complimentary shuttle to the light rail! It is definitely a fun and cheap way to see Minneapolis.

Please come back any time whether it be for business or leisure!

Thanks again!
Tucson, AZ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

I brought a team of high-school kids to Minneapolis for an academic competition. We chose to avoid the competition hotel, down the street, and stay at the Hilton Garden Inn instead. What a great choice! The rooms were very comfortable, the service was excellent, and my kids raved about the breakfasts. I highly recommend this hotel. I slept well, and despite several other large groups at the place (including volleyball teams and Irish dancers), the atmosphere was quiet and relaxing. I will definitely stay here again.

csyetman,

Thank you for such a great Trip Advisor review of our property! We are so happy to see that you and your team had such a positive experience! We hope our breakfast fueled your team to do well in the competition.
We are looking forward to your next visit!

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Minneapolis Downtown? Share your experiences!