“Absoluteley Great” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 45 Hotels in Minneapolis
GreenLeadersBronze level
“Absoluteley Great”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

This is the best motel my wife and I have ever experienced! The staff is great, the restaurant food is to die for. The Views of Minneapolis were great and such a beautiful hotel. We will definately stay here again. I suggest it to anyone staying in the Twin Cities area.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (87)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

My sister and I were doing a "staycation" and we had a wonderful, relaxing stay at the HGI Downtown. The front office staff was wonderful and very accommodating. Excellent stay and we will definitely be back!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013 via mobile

My wife was traveling on business when I had to tell her some sad news about a beloved pet. It was very difficult for me to relay this message via the phone, but it was unfortunately my only option. Unbeknownst to there were was a staff member in my wifes room who heard her reaction to the sad news. This person showed empathy for my wife and took it upon themselves to relay this information to someone else. Someone then sent a note of condolence as well as flowers to my upset/ tearful wife.

When you have a wife who travels as much is my wife does it is comforting to know that she stays at a hotel with kind good hearted people. It is a testament to the character of not only the individuals involved, but also the over all environment that supports such acts.

From our home to yours, thank you for your kind gesture and your warm comforting words. They were unexpected, very much appreciated and helped us through a very sad day.

The Wardlaws

Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Birmingham, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

The Hilton Garden Inn is an excellent hotel. I was in Minneapolis for a week with my family which included a 2 year old little girl. We were in the perfect location, close to family, Mall of America, Convention Center, parks, shopping, and libraries. We enjoyed the restaurant, the staff was friendly and accommodating. Breakfast was great plenty of variety for a picky 2 year old eater. At night we enjoyed the bar. The bartender made us feel very welcomed and suggested a variety of new drinks to try. The pool was amazing. Overall this was the perfect place for my family and will be back soon.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Anthony L, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Minneapolis Downtown, responded to this review, April 3, 2013
Brandy M,

Thank you so much for the glowing review of our hotel and the surrounding area on Trip Advisor! It is so great that you were able to spend so much time in the city and take in all that it has to offer. I am also very happy to hear that the staff did such a great job taking care of you and your 2 year old while you were here!

We hope to give you the same experience next time you come to visit,

Raleigh, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

The Hilton Garden Inn is an excellent hotel. Every member of the staff that I encountered went out of their way to be friendly and accommodating. Breakfast was great with plenty of variety. Exercise room had nice, clean equipment. Pool looked great but I didn't have time to enjoy that.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Anthony L, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Minneapolis Downtown, responded to this review, March 26, 2013
Will G,

Welcome to Trip Advisor and thank you for making the Hilton Garden Inn Minneapolis your first review! I always love to hear feedback about how friendly and accommodating the staff is here as it really helps us reinforce our culture through guest interaction and feedback. I truly appreciate you taking the time to help keep us motivated.

Hope to see you on your return trip to Minneapolis,

Eau Claire, Wisconsin, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

Dinner there was amazing best mac n cheese i have ever ate. breakfast was very fresh and delicious. i just wish they would have had a hot tub i could have relaxed in after my concert, the bartender was very inviting and friendly. staff was very nice and i loved that you had onsite town cars so that we didn't have to take a cab, it worked out very well. we will defiantly be back when we are back in the area!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Anthony L, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Minneapolis Downtown, responded to this review, March 19, 2013
Jackii F,

Thank you for commenting on your recent visit to Minneapolis! Great to hear you enjoyed the Mac and Cheese so much. I will definitely be passing this along to the cooks. I am sorry that there was no hot tub but great to hear how accommodating the staff was for you and I am glad you were able to take advantage of the convenient town car service we have on property. Hope you will stay with us next time to come to the city for a concert.

2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

I was very pleased with my phone reservation and I was looking forward to check-in. The rep. that checked me in process was cold and grumpy.

The top dresser drawer was missing from my room and I was concerned that I would be charged - this was not mentioned to me. I attempted to call the front desk twice from my room and hung up after 2-3 minutes of ringing both times. I called from my cell phone and waited about a minute before I spoke with a front desk rep. (a different rep than check-in) who told me that it was housekeeping's duty to keep inventory of things like a missing drawer. The rep. told me that they could replace it in the morning. This was pointless as I was checking out in the morning.

Nevertheless, I heard a knock on my room door early in the morning. It was a maintenance man with another drawer. This was very inconvenient and awoke me much earlier than I had intended.

Overall, I had a bad experience with the hotel and a terrible experience with staff. To meet, let alone exceed my expectations, Garden Inn Minneapolis could have warmly invited me to their hotel, promptly answered my front desk call and listened when I said that it was not necessary to replace the missing dresser drawer in the morning.

Room Tip: No window shades. Choose a room facing East.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
BL11MSFT,

I am very sorry that you had a poor experience with us during your recent stay in Minneapolis. I can assure you the issues you experienced are not reflective of our typical level of service. I want to personally apologize for not contacting you about the dresser drawer. I had sent somebody up to your room that morning to check on your dresser and to verify it was just the cubby that was what you were referring to as the missing drawer. On our dressers we have a cubby on the top shelf and then the drawers. Once we verified this I should have called to let you know this and to assure you that you wouldn't be charged for anything. I do hope that the next time you come to the area you will give us another chance to exceed your expectations.