“Great Gem of a Hotel!” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Great Gem of a Hotel!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2012

I stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn because someone else was paying for my stay, and this was the least expensive downtown hotel during my stay. Well, what an awesome surprise this little gem was! The lobby was gorgeous, and had a welcoming fire in the fireplace. The hotel was decorated beautifully for Christmas, with live Christmas trees! The staff was very professional, courteous, and competent, and provided truly some of the finest service I have had in any hotel, including some very high priced venues. My room was well furnished, and included a microwave and a refrigerator, in addition to a coffe maker. The bed was very comfortable. I enjoyed the restaurant onsight--wait staff was great, and the limited menu was quite good. There is also a small convenience store onsight, as well as a small pool. The business area was wonderful--I could print my boarding passes, or print documents sent from my own computer. This hotel was such a great find. I would highly recommend it.

470 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
Aurora, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2012

Stayed at this relatively new hotel, nestled between a museum, a beautiful church, and the Oracle building. It's the perfect size and features a full service restaurant. The lobby area feels a great deal like a ski lodge. Friendly people everywhere.

Close enough to downtown, yet next to the highway. I convinced the room service chef to add an item to the menu. They were very accommodating. Made to order omelette for breakfast was also excellent.

I will be back!

Room Tip: Go for the end of the hall.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Anthony L, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Minneapolis Downtown, responded to this review, December 19, 2012
JohnnyReb007,

Thank you so much for the positive review on TripAdvisor! I am so glad to hear that the location of our hotel worked well for your visit to Minneapolis. I also am very happy to hear you speak about the friendly people at the hotel and that our chef was willing to accommodate a request you had made as well. We feel that we have a great staff here at the Hilton Garden Inn and reviews like this reaffirm that belief.

We look forward to seeing you on your next visit,

Anthony Leitz
Antioch, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2012

We stayed here for 2 nights. Although not centrally located it's just a few blocks off the main downtown Minneapolis area - a 10 minute walk to the Oracle office building, on 2nd street, close to the convention center and about a 10 - 15 minute walk to the Nicolet Mall area and lots of shopping and restaurants. This is a very nice hotel with a respectable and reasonably priced restaurant serving breakfast, lunch, and dinner - room service is also available. For convenience we had lunch here one day and everything was very fresh and well prepared.

The rooms were fine - very clean and had a comfortable bed. I've had better pillows and an upgrade to a higher threadcount sheet set would be welcomed as they felt a bit scratchy. The bathroom was fine, but note that there is no tub. I like the walk in shower so this was no issue for us. Wireless was complimentary for Hilton Honors - not sure what the charge was otherwise.

The only parking available is valet and they charge for this, so be aware that this is not already included in the price of the hotel. It was an extra 25 per day, not horrible for downtown hotels but would have been nice to know this at the time of booking.

The fitness center was small but the equipment looked fairly new and was in good working order. There is also a pool - although we didn't have time to use this, it looked very inviting.

When in the area again I would stay again based on price.

travel_junkie3000,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. I am so glad when our guests take the time to really explain and describe our hotel for potential future guests! I wanted to let you know that we do have walk in showers in all of our rooms with king beds and all of our rooms with two queen beds have the tub/shower combo in case you ever needed that as an option.

I am glad that you had the time to utilize most all of our facilities during your visit with us and I look forward to seeing you again,

Anthony Leitz
Chetek, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

Our family had a block of rooms for a wedding this last weekend. Not only did we get a great rate but a great value. The most notable was the breakfast; the all you can eat buffet and grill to order selections for $12.95 was incredible. Every breakfast option was covered. The workout facility had very nice elliptical machines and we were pleasantly surprised by the healthy saline pool. The only complaint: the foam beds were not that comfortable. They were supposedly adjustable but we couldn't figure out how. The housekeeping was top notch and all the amenities were there. Definitely a place I would return to.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

Last year 's review was not very complimentary but this year there was some improvement in the service which is worth mentioning. The interior of the rooms are still showing signs of aging but the housekeeping has definately stepped up. Everything was crisp and clean complete with the folded face cloth with chocolates. There was an outstanding bellman named Michael who was the ultimate professional both in his service and knowledge making excellent recommendations of local restaurants. He was a delight to interact with. The food ,drinks and service in the bar area was outstanding. You should not miss the happy hour special margarita. I cannot say the same for the service in the 25 th floor lounge. The woman who was working in the area for breakfast on several days had the most sour disposition and was most unwelcoming to the guests. She did not smile or have any positive interactions during any of my observations of her either in the breakfast area or at the outside desk. She should stay behind the scenes because she is probably most efficient but does not care for people,especially those who are either very tired or tend to be boisterous. I have no idea what her name is but she had every long red hair that was pulled back.
A happy smiling face is much needed at breakfast.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Weslaco, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

This stay was pleasant-only drawback is that they only have one person at the front desk which means if you try calling guest services it will take a while to get through. Housekeeping did a beyond awesome job at tidying up the rooms. Best ever! Probably wouldn't stay again due to the fact it's not connected to the skyway.

• Stayed November 2012
Chattanooga, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

Just stayed several nights and this place really was exactly what I like. Close to where I needed to be, safe and easy to get to, clean and neat (I think this hotel is fairly new). Friendly and helpful staff. A restuarant and bar for a place to eat and have a cold one after a hard day's work.

I don't need a pretentious place with a huge lobby. The size of the light fixture in a hotel main lobby does not impress me. I just need a good comfortable room to bathe and sleep in with a desk where I can get some work done. The staff was helpful and friendly. The room was all I needed. It had plenty of electrical outlets for the laptop, iphone, ipad, hot spot and so forth. More than I needed which NEVER happens.

Food was good but the selection is limited. 3 nights in a row is about the limit for the same restuarant. Breakfast was good. Courtesy shuttle downtown came in handy a few times. Look for me to return next time I am in Minneapolis.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Minneapolis Downtown? Share your experiences!