“True Five Star Experience” 5 of 5 stars

Bed and Breakfast Deal!
Ranked #1 of 48 Hotels in Minneapolis
GreenLeadersBronze level
Carpinteria, California
“True Five Star Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2012

After several weeks of stressing about making the family reservations in a city I had never been to, I just went with Trip Advisor's #1 rated hotel and WE all enjoyed our stay and the Staff in particular exceeded the reviews. I dumped two hotel reservations that I had membership points with because the price was better at this Hilton for the four nights we needed and the reviews on Trip Advisor truly convinced me. First of all it is so easy to get here from the airport. Second it was easy to get to out to Anoka and Woodbury from here. Third, this is a new hotel, the rooms are modern and clean. We choose the corner room with a king, also a wheelchair accessable room and I liked the step in shower as opposed to the tub. Great waterpressure. The only thing I did not pick up on was that it is a sleepnumber bed, might have played around with it, but the setting it was on was fine for us and the bed linens were ideal- white clean comforter. Note to management, tell your registration staff to remind the guests checking in that there is this benefit:)
Breakfast- everything you can possibly want to choose from and we are a hard group to please. They are flexible if you only eat certain things about the price- so you can order a la carte. Easy to park your car here and if you think you might be too far from all the action, you are not at all, this hotel is not on the outskirts, at least in the spring summer and fall months.
I can not imagine spending $100 more a night to stay at the Ivy or the W and expect to get more than we experienced at the Hilton Garden Inn.

Room Tip: Love the corner rooms with the step in shower and no tub. Great to watch the electrical storm at 11...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2012

The hotel was clean and the rooms were comfortable, but for the price was a bit high. The staff was very friendly and polite, especially the valet staff.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Madison
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2012

Clean room. Great breakfast. Price was higher than the last time I was there, but still pretty comparable.

Nice and close to everything downtown.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2012 via mobile

My family and I are on a cross-country trip to Mt Rushmore and we had the great luck to book a few night at this hotel. Great attentive service, super clean rooms, and a killer Harvest Chicken Salad in the restaurant. Truly one of the nicest hotels I've ever stayed at.

• Stayed June 2012
Minneapolis, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2012

The staff is unparalleled from the last 3 hotels (and 3 states)I have stayed in! the focus is truly in far exceeding the customer's experience. We have had such a wonderful customer focused stay, this will be the hotel we choose for next year's convention. I would personally like provide BEST IN CLASS to John Kasper, Guest Services Manager, Randy Brown and Kayla Adams. The Guest Manager even helped my daughter pack our items from the convention (I have a disability). I asked for a handicapped room but Karla went further and ensured I had a disability accessible room. And, last but not least, was wildly pleasant Randy who effortlessly used the hotels wheelchair to haul me downstairs, where they had arranged for a towncar to take us to General Mills Corporation. They "made our" trip thoroughly enjoyable. See you next year.

Room Tip: The room we had was perfect. We were close to the ice machine and the room was still quiet. The Hil...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Tulsa, Oklahoma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2012

I had the unfortunate experience of having to fly to Minneapolis from Tulsa with only 5 hours notice. My niece had been transferred from St. Cloud Hospital to the Oncology Floor of Children's Hospital of Minneapolis at 2525 Chicago Avenue South. I must give a shout out to John.....desk manager, Alex, Freddy, and the entire Valet/Shuttle staff for their compassionate assistance in making my stay comfortable and convenient for me as well as my family whom I flew in to support and encourage as doctors where trying to diagnos our little 5 year old princess.

They helped me to arrange transportation to and from the hospital for myself and my sister (the grandma). They helped me arrange a respite for the parents of the child.....Amazing dinner at the restaurant downstairs. Alex would not accept a tip from the parents as they rode back and forth on the shuttle.....good job Alex. (He knew that I would take real good care of him at the end of his shift)

The only unfortunate situation was having to leave this property on Tuesday. They were booked solid.....no more room in the Inn for us. I had to move to the Ramada Plaza off 35W North on Industrial Blvd. The Ramada Plaza can only be described as the dark side of the hotel industry here in downtown Minneapolis. Beautiful property....nice rooms.....but the staff is absolutely HORRIBLE.....and very very inconsiderate and rude. I am thankful for the first two nights at this Hilton. I encourage anyone coming to the downtown area to stay at this Property. I will forever be grateful for their assistance in our time of need.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2012 via mobile

As a commuter to and from work. I like the ability to stop in for a quick bite to eat and have a drink at the hotel bar/restaurant.

I live locally and one would assume the place to be is at a more "downtown" location. You'd be wrong. Wait time alone isn't worth it and trust me, Adam or Janet, will ensure you are well taken care of.

The cleanliness and overall atmosphere of the place is what you'd expect from Hilton hotel. This isn't Times Square but you are close enough to enjoy all downtown Minneapolis has to offer. You won't be disappointed.

John L.
Minneapolis, MN

• Stayed June 2012

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Minneapolis Downtown? Share your experiences!