“Have been staying here a lot lately - great value!” 5 of 5 stars

Bed and Breakfast Deal!
Ranked #1 of 49 hotels in Minneapolis
GreenLeadersBronze level
Santa Rosa, California
“Have been staying here a lot lately - great value!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2012

The Good:
- Really friendly, helpful staff - truly some of the best
- Lovely, clean, modern rooms
- reliable free wifi!
- nice restaurant - friendly bartender
- room service WITHOUT a service charge
- good business center
- comfortable beds
- nice fluffy towels
- nice bed linens
- really comfy ergonomic desk chair
- shuttle to downtown offices

The not so good
- not connected to the skyway system
- slightly sketchy area to be walking alone at night if you are female

I have stayed here once a month for the past 5 or 6 months, I used to regularly stay at the W and while I really like the W, I think it is ridiculous to pay $12.95 for internet each day. The HGI is a much better value and as you can see, I can find little to complain about.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business

520 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2012

This hotel has exactly what I want as a business traveler: modern rooms, free wifi, a GREAT gym, and up-to-date comptuers and copier in their business center. Although I only at breakfast at the hotel ( which was good), I did order a glass of wine at the bar in the evening to bring up to my room. The service is excellent, and is always with a smile. The front desk staff and the valet guys are attentive and very courteous.

Since I travel a lot for work I really appreciate a nice gym with modern equipment. Their gym has the same new treadmills and elliptcals ( with their own t.v.s) as my gym back home, along with a big selection of free weights, a balance ball, ball weights, and nice big mirrors. Everything looks clean, and they have disinfectant wipes as well that you can use. I hate it when hotel gyms don't have those!

I wish every Hilton Garden Inn was like this one.

Columbia, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2012

I took a flight to Minneapolis from Maryland with my company's President for the most important meeting of my career thus far. I stayed up all night rehearsing and waiting for the graphic people to send the last portion of my presentation, so I did not have any copies printed. In addition I recently requested a brand new MAC computer for my company laptop, and I planned to show my presentation on the projection screen..After realizing I left the cord, I went to front desk to ask if they had a loaner, of course they had one for a PC and not a MAC. The guy at the front desk saw my desperation and offered to send me in the hotel car to the store. There were not any MAC stores close by. So the gentlemen then did the unthinkable and offered to drive home and get his PC for me to borrow..and he did..After finding out his charger was missing he went to Radio Shack to purchase a new charger..They sold them the wrong cord :( But after that he went to the President of my company and apologized for not carrying the MAC cord!! He even took the blame..My presentation went horrible and the look on my bosses face made me want to jump out the window!!!! but I still appreciated him going above and beyond and making my emergency his urgency and even taking the blame for me not to look like a complete failure to my boss!!! I later found out he was the General Manger Chris Hutchinson!! Chris and his awesome team made the worst day of my career a little better..

USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2012

Wonderful hotel to stay at. Great staff. Clean, comfortable, updated rooms. We were able to walk to all the Minneapolis downtown locations we were in town to visit.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Morden, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2012

I have never met a friendlier more motivated staff anywhere I've stayed. Congradulations to the manager and employees. I have never felt more valuable as a guest.

The hotel is nice & new and with a great location downtown. I walked to my appointments. I used room serive both nights with great results. I had a corner room. My first ever and it was priced right. Its worth staying here just to feel the warmth.

Ask for a corner room. They have lots of them.

Room Tip: Ask for a corner room. This hotel has lots of them.
Blaine
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2012

I use to live in Minneapolis and now travel back several times a year. This was my first time staying at the Hilton Garden Inn Minneapolis. There is nothing negative I can say about this hotel. I had a late flight and did not check in until almost midnight. Erica was at the front desk she was pleasant, quick and accommodating, boy was she a breath for tired eyes! This hotel was modern yet not too contemporary for my traditional taste. It is right in downtown, just off 35W. You are downtown, minutes from uptown and only a few minutes to 494 or 169. Perfect location! I had a king room during my stay, it was large with extremely high ceilings that made it feel more like my home than a stuffy hotel room. It was new, clean and neat in every way. In my opinion the best part of this hotel is its size. Ok, I will say checking in that late at night NO one would like the two mile walk to their hotel room. But even after my second day, I was grateful for the size. It was large enough to have all the amenities you could ask for without the two mile walk to your room. I have stayed at many of Hilton, Marriott’s; this is by far the nicest with the friendliest and accommodating staff. From the valet to the Bar tender, everyone was pleasant, and helpful. Whether you are staying in Minneapolis for business or pleasure, the Hilton Garden Inn is the perfect hotel.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
Minneapolis, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2012

I was in town for my wedding over memorial day weekend. I have nothing but excellent things to say about the treatment of the hotel staff towards myself, the wife and all the friends and family that came to town. The late night manager catered to our needs by letting wedding guests utilize a confrence room rather than cause a rockus outside in the wee hours of the morning.

All of the hotel staff was EXTREMELY Polite and shared tips to out of town guests on what to do with some down time. I HIGHLY recommend staying at the hotel as it is with in walking distance to all of the downtown excitement and the hotel is a heck-of-alot cheaper of a stay than what you will be paying for than the others.

Another great feature of the hotel is the taxi/limosine service available to all guests, simply tell vallet or front desk that you need a ride and a luxurous vehicle picks you up for a flat $7 charge anywhere in the city. (There and back) a service that would at least cost >$30. Also note for economical guests the hotel is right around the corner from the light rail which accesses to the airport.

Overall, a MOST stay when your travels bring you to the Minneapolis Downtown region. *****

Room Tip: There is vallet, but also covered parking deck around the corner at the minneaplolis convention cent...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Minneapolis Downtown? Share your experiences!