“Hilton Should Sent All Their People Here for Training!” 5 of 5 stars

Bed and Breakfast Deal!
Ranked #1 of 48 Hotels in Minneapolis
GreenLeadersBronze level
Morden, Canada
“Hilton Should Sent All Their People Here for Training!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2012

I have never met a friendlier more motivated staff anywhere I've stayed. Congradulations to the manager and employees. I have never felt more valuable as a guest.

The hotel is nice & new and with a great location downtown. I walked to my appointments. I used room serive both nights with great results. I had a corner room. My first ever and it was priced right. Its worth staying here just to feel the warmth.

Ask for a corner room. They have lots of them.

Room Tip: Ask for a corner room. This hotel has lots of them.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
Blaine
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2012

I use to live in Minneapolis and now travel back several times a year. This was my first time staying at the Hilton Garden Inn Minneapolis. There is nothing negative I can say about this hotel. I had a late flight and did not check in until almost midnight. Erica was at the front desk she was pleasant, quick and accommodating, boy was she a breath for tired eyes! This hotel was modern yet not too contemporary for my traditional taste. It is right in downtown, just off 35W. You are downtown, minutes from uptown and only a few minutes to 494 or 169. Perfect location! I had a king room during my stay, it was large with extremely high ceilings that made it feel more like my home than a stuffy hotel room. It was new, clean and neat in every way. In my opinion the best part of this hotel is its size. Ok, I will say checking in that late at night NO one would like the two mile walk to their hotel room. But even after my second day, I was grateful for the size. It was large enough to have all the amenities you could ask for without the two mile walk to your room. I have stayed at many of Hilton, Marriott’s; this is by far the nicest with the friendliest and accommodating staff. From the valet to the Bar tender, everyone was pleasant, and helpful. Whether you are staying in Minneapolis for business or pleasure, the Hilton Garden Inn is the perfect hotel.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
Minneapolis, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2012

I was in town for my wedding over memorial day weekend. I have nothing but excellent things to say about the treatment of the hotel staff towards myself, the wife and all the friends and family that came to town. The late night manager catered to our needs by letting wedding guests utilize a confrence room rather than cause a rockus outside in the wee hours of the morning.

All of the hotel staff was EXTREMELY Polite and shared tips to out of town guests on what to do with some down time. I HIGHLY recommend staying at the hotel as it is with in walking distance to all of the downtown excitement and the hotel is a heck-of-alot cheaper of a stay than what you will be paying for than the others.

Another great feature of the hotel is the taxi/limosine service available to all guests, simply tell vallet or front desk that you need a ride and a luxurous vehicle picks you up for a flat $7 charge anywhere in the city. (There and back) a service that would at least cost >$30. Also note for economical guests the hotel is right around the corner from the light rail which accesses to the airport.

Overall, a MOST stay when your travels bring you to the Minneapolis Downtown region. *****

Room Tip: There is vallet, but also covered parking deck around the corner at the minneaplolis convention cent...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2012 via mobile

Friendly staff, beautiful rooms!

IMPORTANT to note: This location ONLY HAS VALET PARKING, if you look at "additional room packages" you can get it included with your room for just $5more. This is well worth it considering otherwise it will cost you $24 (minimum) to have them park your vehicle.

I Made the reservation on my phone about 45minutes out. When we arrived they greeted us and asked how our travel from our home state was going. We didn't feel rushed and the staff seemed more than happy to converse with us and genuinely seemed to care.

Upon leaving the valet staff were courteous and happy to get our vehicle. They even helped us put our luggage in and encouraged us to look over the vehicle to make sure nothing was broken or missing. They offered to take my trash for me, I allowed them to do so. They didn't seem to expect a tip but were pleased when I gave them one.

The bed was adjustable comfort memory foam, free wifi access, no bath tub just a large walk in shower encased by glass, 24hr snack shop (HHonors members receive coupon for free bottle of water), in room microwave, fridge, and flat screen tv.

Definitely one of my new favorite hotels not just in the Hilton Family brand but of all branches.

• Stayed May 2012
Denver, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2012

My friends and I stayed last weekend at the Hilton Garden Inn. The staff at this hotel definitely knows the meaning of Customer Service. The minute you get out of your car they are helping you with your luggage, valet-ing (is that a word?!) your car and answering any questions you have about the hotel or the area.
They have a towncar service that will take you anywhere downtown for $7.00. They will also pick you back up.
The hotel was updated, clean and quiet. The staff was professional and friendly. I would definitely stay at this location again.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2012

We stayed here for a week on a business trip. The staff are incredibly friendly. Without exception, staff members says hello as you pass and this creates a welcoming atmosphere. The hotel is clean and our room (king size bed) was fairly large. The bed is comfortable, the room is quiet and water pressure in the shower is adequate. Amenities were good - free internet with our reservation, flat screen tv, coffee maker, fridge and microwave, standard shampoos/soaps, etc.
The hotel has a small fitness center that is open 24/7 with some treadmills, ellipticals and bikes, plus free weights. They have a business center, restaurant and bar with very friendly service. Free coffee in the lobby is a nice touch. The location is not scenic--right off a major highway--but it is convenient to the convention center. Hotel parking is expensive but there is an inexpensive public parking lot within a block.
We really enjoyed our stay here and would stay again.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Winnipeg, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2012

This is a beautiful hotel in downtown Minneapolis. Everything was fresh and clean.(everything was spotless). When you book this hotel you can choose to have breakfast included with your room or valet parking included. We chose the breakfast package and it was great value for your money. It was a buffet style breakfast with a made to order hot entree section. ( You could go and order eggs, omelettes, french toast, waffles, bacon and sausage. When it is ready they bring it to your table.) There was an assortment of cereals, breads, fruit, juice, coffee, tea and much more to choose from. The service we received from this hotel was excellent. They even drove us to the baseball game (Target Field). You could walk to Target field, which we did once...it took us about 25 minutes. The staff at this hotel went out of their way to make us feel welcome....very friendly....would definitely stay again. Beautiful place!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Minneapolis Downtown? Share your experiences!