“The service is outstanding at this hotel!” 5 of 5 stars

Family Fun Savings
Ranked #4 of 48 Hotels in Minneapolis
GreenLeadersBronze level
Chicago, Illinois
“The service is outstanding at this hotel!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2011

Over the past nine months I have been traveling to Minneapolis several times a month for work. It only took one time for me to stay at Hilton Garden Downtown hotel to make it the exclusive hotel I use when in Minneapolis! The guest services are outstanding from the moment you get there the valet men are there to greet you at your car, as you walk to the check-in desk they are ready for you….no waiting! Every morning and some evenings I will stop in the restaurant for dinner and have had great service along with the excellent food. The hotel is located walking distance to the downtown area where you can find nice restaurants and shopping if you need to get out and enjoy the city

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2011

I have stayed at hotels on business and pleasure all over the country, but it is hard to say enough good things about the Hilton Garden Inn in Minneapolis. It's location is perfect for anyone traveling from out of town. It is literally in the heart of downtown Minneapolis yes it takes about 2 minutes to pull up to the valet from all the major interstates.
When you arrive you are greeted by some of the nicest and friendliest staff I have ever met. To be honest I have not stayed in many Hilton Garden Inns and so I wasn't sure what to expect. I thought the Garden Inns where not as upscale as some of the other Hilton properties. Boy was I surprised. The lobby was as nice as any 4 star hotel I have been to and the staff was just as professional.
This place must only be a few years old cause it is impeccably clean and decorated. The rooms were just as nice! Everything I would have expected in the way of amenities.
My friends and I stopped in the bar for a couple drinks and were again very pleased with the service and selection. I know there are may higher end hotels in downtown Minneapolis that charge 2 to 3 times what Hilton Garden charges, I have paid them before. I won't anymore!
BTW, only meal we ate there was breakfast and it was just as satisfying as the rest of our stay.

Room Tip: Facing the Church
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled with friends
St. Paul, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2011

We had a "staycation" at this hotel for two nights with our children (ages 9 and 5). We were attending a Lego exhibition at the convention center. The convention center is only a block away from the Hilton Garden Inn, which was great! The hotel is small, but clean with great service. We didn't have umbrellas and the front desk had several on hand for us to borrow for our short walk. The rooms were standard - nothing fancy, but very comfortable rooms.

We ordered room service (dessert) both nights and service was very prompt. The pool is small, the exercise room a decent size with good equipment.

The one negative experience was the service in the hotel restaurant, which was of no fault of the server. There was one server and one person bussing the tables during the breakfast rush. I felt bad for both people, because they could not keep up with the volume of people trying to get a table and trying to bring food to everyone.

Also, one note to those who are not familiar with Minneapolis. While this hotel is VERY close to the convention center, it is on the outskirts of downtown. In nice weather, it is an easy 4 to 5 block walk to restaurants or short cab ride. However, there really are not many, if any, restaurants close to the hotel.

Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2011

I don't have any criticisms so let's talk about what I liked... The hamburgers, the breakfast buffet, quiet rooms, upscale, spotless, good coffee, the pizza (sorry I stayed a week so I munched), very nice rooms., friendly bar, nice wines. Great shower and shampoo and soaps, nice towels, new fitness center and swimming pool, good desk and 2 chairs and a comfortable and softness adjustable bed (I had a king). 1 block from the convention center. Good value. So that's already an A+... But what was amazing to me actually, was their staff. They all take happy pills and 'what can I do for you powder', it seems like. :) What a remarkable group of world-class service-oriented folks...unbelievable and tremendous. It was fun. Bravo to this Hilton Garden... it's the best one I personally have stayed in so far...

Room Tip: Stay on the church side
High Point, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2011

When we left NC the temp was high 70s,; when we got off our plane in Minn the wind chill was 20-something! So holy smokes, was I ever glad to see that nice fireplace in the lobby of the Hilton! My room was sparkling clean (and warm)... oh, and I loved the bed (very important when on business because it's hard to get sleep). I also enjoyed a nice breakfast each morning in the hotel restaurant before heading to the convention center, which was within easy walking distance. And the staff was phenomonal... very attentive and polite. I just wish I'd been there on vacation rather than business! I would REALLY have loved it then.

Florence, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2011

While working in Minneapolis, I always stay at this hotel. The staff always calls me by name and treats me with the utmost respect and professionalism. The room is clean and comfortable.

Minneapolis, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2011

My husband and I stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn in downtown Minneapolis recently and I was very surprised with the cleanliness and modern touches of this hotel. We booked the room last minute so we could stay downtown following a birthday party, but once we checked into our beautiful room, we didn't want to leave! The room was very spacious and clean with a great bathroom. The linens were soft and clean. The staff are very accommodating and friendly, which made our short stay even better. The hotel is a bit out of the way from other downtown attractions (besides the convention center), but it was worth the walk! Other hotels in the area have higher rates and they are not as nice.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Minneapolis Downtown? Share your experiences!