“SGMP Annual Conference Hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton Minneapolis

You added Hilton Minneapolis to your Saves list
Hilton Minneapolis
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1001 Marquette Ave South, Minneapolis, MN 55403 (Downtown)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Summer Savings- From $99!
Ranked #12 of 47 Hotels in Minneapolis
Sacramento, California
“SGMP Annual Conference Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

We selected this hotel to be the host property for our Annual Education Conference and they did not disappoint. We brought in over 500 delegates last week and they were very impressed with the hotel, staff and services. The Hospitality was Top Shelf and the food was very good. Rooms were comfortable, large and well appointed. The meeting space was plentiful for all we had going going on. We also had two events at the convention center that is connected by their awesome skyway system. It was a very good week of meetings, exhibits and networking and the hotel was an important piece of our convention puzzle. Well done team Hilton!!!!!!

Room Tip: Become a Hilton Honors Member so you can access the Club Lounge on the 25th floor. Breakfast and Re...
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
  • Turkish first
Newton
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

We had the best experience with booking rooms and having the staff from this hotel work with us. They were very prompt and very accurate...especially Carmen A. and David M....fabulous employees! The other wait staff and receptionists were also very nice...overall it was a great experience for our chorus members to stay at your hotel. Also being so close to so many other things in the city, made this hotel a great choice! Thank you!

3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

So there's some good things such as
Rooms clean and spacious
There is HBO for me to watch Game of Thrones
Great location downtown

But there's more negatives than positive
House keeping ignored my "do not disturb" sign and walked in after I said I don't need any service through the door.
Paying for basic Internet, seriously!! Can't remember the last time I paid for Internet in a hotel.
Room service was quite expensive so ate out at other places.

Stayed May 2015, traveled solo
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

I stayed at the Hilton for a week recently. The rooms are nice with comfortable beds and wonderful housekeeping staff. I wish the towels and sheets were a bit softer. Wireless internet connectivity was good and I did not get kicked off at all during my stay-impressive! I spent a lot of time in the meeting rooms and I was disappointed with the comfort of the banquet chairs. They are in need of replacement, but I spent 3 straight days sitting in them so I suppose a shorter meeting might be OK with them. During the conference, the food was so good in the banquet rooms, especially the chicken/short rub duet entree and that raspberry vinaigrette was to die for! I visited the restaurant on site for lunch twice during my stay and both food and service were really good as well. One day, the staff went out of their way to help us order to-go items so we could get back to our meeting and the staff/manager that day was the best I encountered during my stay. The executive lounge leaves something to be desired, as the breakfast was very basic and dishes just piled up on the tray jack every morning (after I cleared my own plate). More than once I came to check on both desserts and appetizers and they weren't available right at the start time listed. The best views are definitely from the executive lounge, though, and the bartender was very nice. I was glad that there was a fed ex in the lobby but did not appreciate the "convenience fee" charged by the Hilton on top of shipping charges. My favorite amenity was the lobby kiosk which served Starbucks drinks and sandwiches for lunch and the wait was never overwhelming. Overall, it is a lovely, busy hotel in a great location near many restaurants and things to do.

Stayed April 2015, traveled on business
Omaha, Nebraska
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

In April we were at a large sports function in Minneapolis. The hotel was very busy 24/7. We didn't have any problems. The rooms were pretty clean, they seemed to be 'sufaced' cleaned; not overly deep cleaned & fresh feeling. I usually bring Clorox wipes & room spray anyways.
The accomodations were good. We never ran into any problems. Everyone was very friendly and always helpful.
I had a 'special' request & communicated weeks prior with Kristin Szalay, manager. She was top notch, came thru with my request!! Just that meant 5 stars for me, on this particular trip.

Room Tip: We had a Jr King suite on the end with a connecting room on the 6th floor--it was great (for us)
Jacksonville, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

I was attending a meeting in Minneapolis and stayed at this Hilton in Downtown Minneapolis. The staff was amazing and extremely helpful. The front desk could not have been nicer and the Valet staff was fast and courteous. I ate in the onsite restaurant and the food and service were great!

Vancouver, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

I travel constantly and when staying at a four star property expect a no pubic hair situation when checking in. Upon check in I called down to front desk who obviously decided not to send on the message to clean the offending past occupant 'pube' from my room. The next when returning the 'pube' was/is still there. I truly believe when paying a 4 star room rate your room should not come with a pubic hair from a past occupant . . . and to be cleaned away after the first request and not the second.

Room Tip: ask for end rooms with king size rooms and request their feather pillows
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled on business

Been to Hilton Minneapolis? Share your experiences!