“Great hotel in the heart of the city” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton Minneapolis

You added Hilton Minneapolis to your Saves list
Hilton Minneapolis
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1001 Marquette Ave South, Minneapolis, MN 55403 (Downtown)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Spring Rates - From $89!
Ranked #10 of 47 Hotels in Minneapolis
Philadelphia
“Great hotel in the heart of the city”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

We took the metro train which is about a 15-20 minute walk from the hotel with luggage. The check in process was fast and the front desk rep outlined times that the executive lounge was open. The room was very spacious and the bed was very comfortable. It appears that many of these rooms have connecting doors. As a personal preference I do not like rooms with connecting doors for noise but I didn't hear anything during the stay. The bathroom was clean and the housekeeper was very prompt in cleaning the room and at no point did it feel dirty. The quality is what you would expect from a Hilton and staff were very attentive. I would stay at this hotel if I was back in Minneapolis.

Stayed April 2015, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
  • Turkish first
Santa Rosa, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

Attended two day business event hosted at the hotel. Check-in late at night was easy. Room was large, very clean, great bed. Water restrictor in shower was pretty stingy. Lots of power outlets for computers. Everything worked! Food for 3 days was above average in quality and selection -- lunches and breakfasts. Free papers at front desk. Best asset is the staff -- everyone was friendly, engaging and competent. So hats off to all the people that make these big hotels welcoming to out of town guests. Will return.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW via mobile

Amanda and Lisa (Lisa being the manager) took great care of us during a multi-hour business meeting on-site. We were s at times the ugliest of customers. But these ladies dealt with us -- perhaps they managed us -- with grace and aplomb.

Stayed April 2015, traveled on business
Brisbane, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

I spent a few nights here while my husband travelled away for business and felt safe and secure. The hotel is a good quality Hilton. The rooms are clean and well maintained. The bed was very comfortable. Having to pay for WiFi was annoying when supposedly less 'prestigious' hotels in the Hilton chain (we often stay at Hampton or Garden Inns) offer this as part of the room rate.
The service in the restaurant, at breakfast was excellent and the buffet selection very good. I ate in the bar and found the food good if a little overpriced. There are plenty of other dining options a short walk away.
The hotel is connected into Minneapolis's Skywalk system which means no going out into the cold to visit the shops in Nicollet Mall or to get to the Convention Centre.
The staff I met during my stay were all friendly and helpful.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled solo
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

I had a really good stay at this Hilton. Everything about my room was perfect. I am a Hilton Honors member and got a corner room on the 12th floor. It was awesome! Plenty of space and very quiet, nice furniture. The staff were all very nice as well.

Stayed April 2015, traveled on business
Long Island, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

A+ staff. As a New Yorker I am always in a rush. The staff here was very attentive and friendly and it was simply enjoyable. I don't have a bad thing to say about the experience. The rooms were large, clean and have everything you could need. The building itself is large and has options for food and is comfortable for conferences.

Room Tip: If you are a Hiltons rewards member it was waived, assumingly that happens to everyone and not just...
West Central Illinois
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

While the room was fine, there were days when it was not cleaned or towels replaced because services came through in the early evening. Additionally (and my biggest problem with this hotel) is that I was told I had a conference rate of $179 but was charged a much higher rate of $234. Since this was several nights, this is a significant increase. I trusted the hotel when I checked out and just folded the paper. When I called them, it was clear that this was not only a problem with my room but with others and that management was not willing to rectify the problem or make a single step toward it. Otherwise, the room was small and crowded. There were drunk people in the hall, which also made the stay a little less comfortable. The food at the hotel was overpriced and not exceptional. We paid for wifi one day and it barely worked.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled on business
HiltonMinneapolis, General Manager at Hilton Minneapolis, responded to this review, yesterday
Thank you for reviewing your stay and bringing your experience to my attention. We greatly appreciate your feedback and the opportunity it provides for us to continue improving. I sincerely apologize for the challenges you faced during your stay. Conference rates are available for a limited number of rooms and only over specific dates. The rate differentiation could be attributed to the group room block being full. I would be happy to review your reservation with you further. Please call me directly at (612) 397-4800 with your confirmation information. I understand noise and lack of housekeeping was also an issue during your stay and I have personally followed-up with my Director of Security and Director of Housekeeping. Your comfort is our priority and we do not tolerate excessive noise. I again apologize that our service was not up to the high standards we are typically complimented for. I look forward to speaking with you and hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future.

John E. Luke

Been to Hilton Minneapolis? Share your experiences!