“There's a better BANG for your BUCK!” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton Minneapolis

You added Hilton Minneapolis to your Saves list
Hilton Minneapolis
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1001 Marquette Ave South, Minneapolis, MN 55403 (Downtown)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Spring Rates - From $89!
Ranked #8 of 49 Hotels in Minneapolis
West Allis, United States
“There's a better BANG for your BUCK!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

Was just Ok. I'm sure I could've found something better on my own. Hilton is pretty & fairly clean, but maids left us our own garbage bags with a note to please empty our own garbage & leave it by door for them. Pissed me off to NO end! Pillows were all feather & offered no support. Just a blah kind of experience. Not terribly impressed.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
  • Turkish first
Rosemount, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

This is my second visit to this hotel for a special holiday. The check in process is very easy. We purchased the executive level, and it's worth it! We had access to the lounge with food and drinks. Our room was also on the top floor, providing us with an awesome view of downtown Minneapolis. The location lets you walk basically wherever you need to go downtown via sidewalk or sky way. The hotel features a nice pool/gym area.

Room Tip: Higher floors offer a great downtown view
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled with friends
Modesto, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

Have been coming to this hotel for a number of years for a Land-O-Lakes annual meeting. Hotel is always very clean and atrtractive. Meeting areas are very convientant and easy to get to. Plenty of room for evreyone.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

HiltonMinneapolis, General Manager at Hilton Minneapolis, responded to this review, 2 days ago
I want to thank you for both this review and your repeat stays. It is always a pleasure to welcome Land-O-Lakes and we look forward to it every year. I'm happy that you consistently have a great stay. We look forward to seeing you again next year, or hopefully sooner!

Hayfield, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

This hotel is right down town Minneapolis, and connected to the Convention Center by a short skyway walk. We had a king room on the 9th floor, and the bed was so comfortable I didn't want to get out of it the next morning. Very nice rooms. Clean, nicely appointed. Coffee was reasonably good for a hotel room coffee pot. Fridge was a nice option. Flat screen t.v. was huge! Easy check in. Coffee shop in the lobby with Starbucks coffee. Valet parking, $24 for 24 hours I believe.

Room Tip: I think our rooms were recently renovated; maybe ask for one of these.
  • Stayed February 2015, traveled as a couple
HiltonMinneapolis, General Manager at Hilton Minneapolis, responded to this review, 3 days ago
Thank you for taking the time to share this great review! I'm happy to see your great feedback about our newly renovated guest rooms. The 50in flat screen is a new addition and seems to be a big hit. I look forward to sharing your comments about our great location, comfortable bed, and clean rooms with the team. We all hope to welcome you back again soon.

Forest City, Iowa
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

My two young sons and I arrived on a late Amtrak train. We got to the hotel close to midnight by cab. We got out of the cab and struggled with our luggage only to see a doorman standing inside the door not doing anything it appeared. Having a doorman or bellman to help arriving guests would be a great idea for this hotel to implement. We went to the front desk which is huge by the way and saw two guests standing there....except no desk agents to be seen anywhere. We stood for about two minutes and an agent appeared from the back. Please see photo to confirm this. Seems they could have an agent at the desk. The guests in front of us were not very happy. I have no idea how long they waited. The clerk walked up to them and asked if he could help them, so it was obvious he was not in the back helping them.

I asked for dining options for us and there were none available in the hotel since it was about midnight. The clerk at the desk suggested ordering pizza. I asked if it could be taken up to the room and he said no as it was a security issue to not allow pizza delivery drivers access to guest floors. I really wish that an upscale hotel would see that a father is with two hungry and tired small children and allow a pizza delivery person to simply come to the room. Other hotels have seen this need and been most accommodating but not The Hilton Minneapolis. I could see this policy if you needed key access for the elevators but anyone can use the elevators at this hotel without using a key. Policies like this are there to generate revenue for the hotel restaurant plain and simple. So we went to bed hungry as the kids did not want to come back down and I was not going to leave them in the room alone. So thanks Hilton for the lack of sensitivity when it comes to taking care of your guests. If security was an issue you could have offered to have a security officer escort the delivery person to our room, In the hospitality industry sometimes you have to bend a policy to ensure guest comfort and satisfaction.

The room was clean and comfortable. A small room at the end of the hallway with a view of the city. Being a Hilton Silver member I did expect more in the way of service.

I understand the policy of no pizza delivery to the rooms but in the hospitality industry the employees should be empowered to make decisions which are in the best interest of the guest. It is obvious that this Hilton does not allow it's employees to make decisions in the best interest of guest service. I simply hope the General Manager of this hotel sees this review and comes to understand that his hotels policy resulted in a guests children going to bed hungry. The actions of this Hilton has resulted in this being my last stay at any Hilton branded property. A total and complete lack of caring. A pretty hotel and awesome rooms mean nothing without great guest service. I have received a more warm welcome and better customer service at some one star properties that I received at this Hilton.....we checked out and the desk clerk simply said 'you are all set".....not even a thank you. Sadly I am a repeat customer of this hotel and my previous stays were awesome.....seems the old saying that employees truly make or break a company is very true.

• Stayed February 2015, traveled with family
Thank you for bringing your experience to my attention. Please accept my sincere apologies; we pride ourselves on the quality of our hotel and take your comments very seriously. Our priority is first and foremost the safety and security of our guests; we want you to feel cared for, valued and respected. Our position on outside delivery to guest rooms is just the first step in our security process. We encourage our team members to find ways to meet guest’s needs and make empowered decisions. We praise those who provide outstanding service and will continue to do so. I apologize that our team member was unable to fulfill your needs. The guest service agent should have offered to have security escort the pizza delivery person. Please know that I have brought all of your comments to the attention of my Director of Front Office Operations – we agree that a solution should have been presented and your situation will be used as a coaching opportunity with the team members involved. If you would like to discuss further please call my direct line which is (612) 397-4800. We welcome all feedback and the opportunity to continue bettering our processes, thank you again for your comments.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

Front desk staff (Elizabeth and Sara) rocked! They were friendly, helpful, and knowledgeable. Room was clean, beds/pillows comfortable, tv/channels were sweet, and view was really nice. Only complaint was having to share my floor with a squadron of dance teams- lots of traffic and hallway chatter early morning/late evening/early night. All in all was an enjoyable 3 nights and I will be back. Kudos again to Sara and Elizabeth for their 5 star customer service!

Room Tip: just ask which groups they have in-house and ask to be placed away from them if possible
  • Stayed February 2015, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to share your compliments of Elizabeth and Sara. Your review has entered them into a recognition contest we're holding and they now have the chance to win a gift card! It is always a pleasure to recognize great work, please know I have personally shared your review with Elizabeth, Sara and their Supervisors. I'm happy to hear you also enjoyed our beds, television and views of Minneapolis. I apologize for any noise your experienced during your stay. Our guests comfort is very important to us and we do not tolerate disturbances. While it is not a typical experience of our guests, please let us know if you experience any in the future. We will gladly rectify the situation immediately. I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back again in the near future!

Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Stayed here for a conference at the nearby convention center (conveniently connected by skyway so you don't have to go out into the subzero temperatures) and everything went great. It is in a nice central location near restaurants, a mall, the convention center, and a concert hall. It's about 5 blocks from the train, so it's a little bit of a walk if you come from the airport that way.

Had a room on the 17th floor that was very nice and had a decent view (sorry, but downtown Minneapolis isn't exactly a stunning skyline). There was a gloriously large 55-inch TV with 4 or 5 HBO channels, so I was all set for my off-hours. The beds were comfy and the room was spotless. Showerhead was a bit tough to adjust, but not a big deal. Really liked the mirror light/nightlight in the bathroom.

Check in and check out was a breeze. They graciously gave me a late checkout of one hour as well, which was nice. The lobby restaurant had some problems, but that's for a separate review. The lobby decor is a bit dated in my opinion, but also not a big deal.

All in all a good Hilton, would stay here again.

• Stayed February 2015, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to share this great experience. I'm happy to see you were able to take advantage of our close proximity to local attractions as well as our connection to the Skyway - you're right, it is very convenient in the colder months! We recently renovated our guest rooms and upgraded the TVs to 50in flat screens, the positive feedback is nice to hear. I'm interested in getting more detail about your restaurant experience. We welcome all feedback and opportunities to continue improving our processes. Please call or email at your earliest convenience so we may discuss. I can be reached directly at (612) 397-4800 or john.luke@hilton.com. I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future.

John E. Luke

Been to Hilton Minneapolis? Share your experiences!