“Last Stay Was Great...This Time A Total Lack of Caring.” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton Minneapolis

You added Hilton Minneapolis to your Saves list
Hilton Minneapolis
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1001 Marquette Ave South, Minneapolis, MN 55403 (Downtown)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Spring Rates - From $89!
Ranked #8 of 49 Hotels in Minneapolis
Forest City, Iowa
“Last Stay Was Great...This Time A Total Lack of Caring.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

My two young sons and I arrived on a late Amtrak train. We got to the hotel close to midnight by cab. We got out of the cab and struggled with our luggage only to see a doorman standing inside the door not doing anything it appeared. Having a doorman or bellman to help arriving guests would be a great idea for this hotel to implement. We went to the front desk which is huge by the way and saw two guests standing there....except no desk agents to be seen anywhere. We stood for about two minutes and an agent appeared from the back. Please see photo to confirm this. Seems they could have an agent at the desk. The guests in front of us were not very happy. I have no idea how long they waited. The clerk walked up to them and asked if he could help them, so it was obvious he was not in the back helping them.

I asked for dining options for us and there were none available in the hotel since it was about midnight. The clerk at the desk suggested ordering pizza. I asked if it could be taken up to the room and he said no as it was a security issue to not allow pizza delivery drivers access to guest floors. I really wish that an upscale hotel would see that a father is with two hungry and tired small children and allow a pizza delivery person to simply come to the room. Other hotels have seen this need and been most accommodating but not The Hilton Minneapolis. I could see this policy if you needed key access for the elevators but anyone can use the elevators at this hotel without using a key. Policies like this are there to generate revenue for the hotel restaurant plain and simple. So we went to bed hungry as the kids did not want to come back down and I was not going to leave them in the room alone. So thanks Hilton for the lack of sensitivity when it comes to taking care of your guests. If security was an issue you could have offered to have a security officer escort the delivery person to our room, In the hospitality industry sometimes you have to bend a policy to ensure guest comfort and satisfaction.

The room was clean and comfortable. A small room at the end of the hallway with a view of the city. Being a Hilton Silver member I did expect more in the way of service.

I understand the policy of no pizza delivery to the rooms but in the hospitality industry the employees should be empowered to make decisions which are in the best interest of the guest. It is obvious that this Hilton does not allow it's employees to make decisions in the best interest of guest service. I simply hope the General Manager of this hotel sees this review and comes to understand that his hotels policy resulted in a guests children going to bed hungry. The actions of this Hilton has resulted in this being my last stay at any Hilton branded property. A total and complete lack of caring. A pretty hotel and awesome rooms mean nothing without great guest service. I have received a more warm welcome and better customer service at some one star properties that I received at this Hilton.....we checked out and the desk clerk simply said 'you are all set".....not even a thank you. Sadly I am a repeat customer of this hotel and my previous stays were awesome.....seems the old saying that employees truly make or break a company is very true.

• Stayed February 2015, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
  • Turkish first
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

Front desk staff (Elizabeth and Sara) rocked! They were friendly, helpful, and knowledgeable. Room was clean, beds/pillows comfortable, tv/channels were sweet, and view was really nice. Only complaint was having to share my floor with a squadron of dance teams- lots of traffic and hallway chatter early morning/late evening/early night. All in all was an enjoyable 3 nights and I will be back. Kudos again to Sara and Elizabeth for their 5 star customer service!

Room Tip: just ask which groups they have in-house and ask to be placed away from them if possible
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

Stayed here for a conference at the nearby convention center (conveniently connected by skyway so you don't have to go out into the subzero temperatures) and everything went great. It is in a nice central location near restaurants, a mall, the convention center, and a concert hall. It's about 5 blocks from the train, so it's a little bit of a walk if you come from the airport that way.

Had a room on the 17th floor that was very nice and had a decent view (sorry, but downtown Minneapolis isn't exactly a stunning skyline). There was a gloriously large 55-inch TV with 4 or 5 HBO channels, so I was all set for my off-hours. The beds were comfy and the room was spotless. Showerhead was a bit tough to adjust, but not a big deal. Really liked the mirror light/nightlight in the bathroom.

Check in and check out was a breeze. They graciously gave me a late checkout of one hour as well, which was nice. The lobby restaurant had some problems, but that's for a separate review. The lobby decor is a bit dated in my opinion, but also not a big deal.

All in all a good Hilton, would stay here again.

White Bear Lake, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

It is beautiful and the staff is excellent! Had a great time. We went there for a cheer competition and there were 100's of kids there but we waited for nothing. They had enough staff to accommodate. We will definitely stay there again.

• Stayed February 2015, traveled with family

Rochester, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

The Hilton Minneapolis was in a great location, as it is close to many restaurants and shops, as well as the convention center. It is also part of the skyway system to help those staying at the hotel avoid going outside in the poor weather. The rooms were really nice and the bed was incredibly comfortable. The coffee/snack bar located in the lobby was also very convenient for hotel guests to grab something throughout the day. I would definitely recommend this hotel to others.

maple grove, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

Very nice and respectful staff ,clean and very nice looking hotel. Ill for sure come back!!! I Have told all of my friends and family about my Hilton stay. I also showed my kids pics of the place too. and they also would like to come with next time to go swimming lol

• Stayed February 2015, traveled as a couple

Alamosa, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

The hotel itself was very nice, the rooms were also very nice with comfy beds and a very large flatscreen TV with HBO. Bathroom cleanliness left a little to be desired, but overall I was very satisfied with my stay.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

HiltonMinneapolis, General Manager at Hilton Minneapolis, responded to this review, 6 days ago
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. I'm happy to see you enjoyed our newly renovated rooms, 50in Flat Screen TV and premium channels. However, I would like to apologize that your bathroom was not cleaned to your liking and did not meet the high standards we are typically praised for. Please know that your review has been brought to my Director of Housekeeping and we anticipate an immediate improvement. I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back again in the future.

John E. Luke

Been to Hilton Minneapolis? Share your experiences!