“Downtown Minneapolis Hilton is Wonderful” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton Minneapolis

You added Hilton Minneapolis to your Saves list
Hilton Minneapolis
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1001 Marquette Ave South, Minneapolis, MN 55403 (Downtown)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Winter Weekends- from $79
Ranked #10 of 48 Hotels in Minneapolis
Mankato, United States
“Downtown Minneapolis Hilton is Wonderful”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

I've stayed at many hotels in my 54 years and the downtown Hilton in Minneapolis is one of the best. They consistently have excellent customer service, well appointed rooms and are within walking distance of downtown businesses/restaurants/bars. This is the hotel of choice when I'm in the twin cities.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
  • Turkish first
Detroit, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

Great hotel! We were in town to attend a concert at the Pantagas Theater. The location was perfect for walking around town and to the theater. Also great for taking advantage of the sky-walk and shopping connected to that. The hotel was clean, and staff helpful and attentive. We loved the pool and exercise area. And found the Executive Club Level a great value.

McHenry, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

The Hilton is now our pick of Hotels in Minneapolis. We travel several times a year from IL for college drop off/pick up. One way is 7 hours for us and the Hilton Downtown Minneapolis will be our choice for the next 3 years. If you are looking for comfort, clean, lovely greeting, easy check in/check out at an affordable price then this is the place for you. Can I say: Location, Location! The 10th floor has a beautiful view of the city. Our room overlooked the "New to Minneapolis"; Christmas Magical Kris Kringle Mart just across the street. So exciting to just pop out of the Hotel and cross the street to Christmas vendors. I have not yet used their extra services or their restaurants at this writing, except for the Starbucks Kiosk in the Lobby! For Me: everything I need.

Windom, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

Very clean, comfortable up to date room with excellent bed. Large flat screen TV. Free internet access. Close to all downtown activities. Easy check-in and out process. Wonderful lobby and fast friendly staff. I would for sure reccomend this property if you need to stay in Minneapolis.

Santa Ana, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

An excellent property that has been recently renovated. The hotel is well located in downtown Minneapollis.and close to some excellent restaurants. Staff was extremely nice and accommodating. I stayed on the 25th floor and had access to the Executive Lounge. Snacks and service up there was excellent. Internet access is free for Hilton Honors members. I would highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a renovated room.
Montreal, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

Stayed there on business this past week for 2 nights. I was upgraded to an executive level room for a fee of $20.00 a night. It included access to the Executive lounge and also 2 free breakfasts in the main dining room. Was worth the $20.00 as the breakfast would of cost that and more. Also included free Wi-Fi access with the upgrade. The room was nice, had a view of the city. The executive lounge was ok. The hors d'oeuvres were not very good and not much selection. A glass of wine in the executive lounge sets you back $10.00, but the happy hour at the Skyway Bar is only $3.00 for a glass of wine. hmmm?
Breakfast in the restaurant was very good. I attempted to eat in the restaurant at dinner time, but it was closed on both nights and the only choice was the bar area to eat in. Menu selection is minimal. My biggest complaint is that I had some boxes shipped to me for a meeting and the FED-Ex facility on site charged me a handling fee of $35.00 for inbound and another $30.00 for outbound which I found ridiculous and highway robbery. I have shipped boxes to many hotels across the country and have never been charged more than $5.00 handling fee and in most cases was never charged a dime. Honestly, $65.00 for a handling fee is downright thievery. on top of it, the bell man who delivers the boxes to my room expects a tip on top of this! This does not include the shipping fees I pay to have the boxes shipped back and forth. Elevators were good and fast. I was on the 25th floor and it took very little time up and down on the elevator.
The hotel is actually very pretty and their Christmas tree in the lobby was beautiful. All in all an Ok stay. Would I stay again, not so sure.

Room Tip: corner suites or executive level
IL
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

I have stayed here several times now, and it seems to get more expensive each time. The rooms are nice enough, but for those high rates they should be. The breakfast on the executive level (25th floor) is poor, I wouldn't have gone up there knowing how little was available. The location of the hotel is very good, but overall it's not as much of a value as I'd like.

My complaint with them is regarding their cancellation policy. I wasn't feeling well and tried to cancel my reservation a few hours after the deadline of midnight the night before. They told me no, there was no willingness to see if I had a valid excuse or anything else, they just said no. I have not run into this at other locations, but won't stay here again now that I know I cannot make any changes to my travel plans if I stay here.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled on business
HiltonMinneapolis, General Manager at Hilton Minneapolis, responded to this review, 6 days ago
Thank you for taking the time to review. While I am glad to see that you enjoy our downtown location, I am disappointed that you weren't able to find a suitable selection for breakfast in our Executive Lounge. We keep it stocked with hot oatmeal, a variety of cereals, house made muffins and pastries, hard boiled eggs, granola, fresh fruit and specialty coffees. I apologize you were unable to find something to suite your needs. We understand that traveling does not always go according to plan and are happy to work with our guests making changes to reservations, but we do have a 24 hour cancellation policy that is shared with our guests at the time of booking. We have always enjoyed welcoming you during your past stays and hope we have the opportunity to do so again in the future.

John E. Luke

Been to Hilton Minneapolis? Share your experiences!