“Grand hotel in Minneapollis” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton Minneapolis

You added Hilton Minneapolis to your Saves list
Hilton Minneapolis
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1001 Marquette Ave South, Minneapolis, MN 55403 (Downtown)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Winter Weekends- from $79
Ranked #10 of 48 Hotels in Minneapolis
Santa Ana, California
“Grand hotel in Minneapollis”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

An excellent property that has been recently renovated. The hotel is well located in downtown Minneapollis.and close to some excellent restaurants. Staff was extremely nice and accommodating. I stayed on the 25th floor and had access to the Executive Lounge. Snacks and service up there was excellent. Internet access is free for Hilton Honors members. I would highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a renovated room.
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
  • Turkish first
Montreal, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

Stayed there on business this past week for 2 nights. I was upgraded to an executive level room for a fee of $20.00 a night. It included access to the Executive lounge and also 2 free breakfasts in the main dining room. Was worth the $20.00 as the breakfast would of cost that and more. Also included free Wi-Fi access with the upgrade. The room was nice, had a view of the city. The executive lounge was ok. The hors d'oeuvres were not very good and not much selection. A glass of wine in the executive lounge sets you back $10.00, but the happy hour at the Skyway Bar is only $3.00 for a glass of wine. hmmm?
Breakfast in the restaurant was very good. I attempted to eat in the restaurant at dinner time, but it was closed on both nights and the only choice was the bar area to eat in. Menu selection is minimal. My biggest complaint is that I had some boxes shipped to me for a meeting and the FED-Ex facility on site charged me a handling fee of $35.00 for inbound and another $30.00 for outbound which I found ridiculous and highway robbery. I have shipped boxes to many hotels across the country and have never been charged more than $5.00 handling fee and in most cases was never charged a dime. Honestly, $65.00 for a handling fee is downright thievery. on top of it, the bell man who delivers the boxes to my room expects a tip on top of this! This does not include the shipping fees I pay to have the boxes shipped back and forth. Elevators were good and fast. I was on the 25th floor and it took very little time up and down on the elevator.
The hotel is actually very pretty and their Christmas tree in the lobby was beautiful. All in all an Ok stay. Would I stay again, not so sure.

Room Tip: corner suites or executive level
IL
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

I have stayed here several times now, and it seems to get more expensive each time. The rooms are nice enough, but for those high rates they should be. The breakfast on the executive level (25th floor) is poor, I wouldn't have gone up there knowing how little was available. The location of the hotel is very good, but overall it's not as much of a value as I'd like.

My complaint with them is regarding their cancellation policy. I wasn't feeling well and tried to cancel my reservation a few hours after the deadline of midnight the night before. They told me no, there was no willingness to see if I had a valid excuse or anything else, they just said no. I have not run into this at other locations, but won't stay here again now that I know I cannot make any changes to my travel plans if I stay here.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled on business
HiltonMinneapolis, General Manager at Hilton Minneapolis, responded to this review, 3 days ago
Thank you for taking the time to review. While I am glad to see that you enjoy our downtown location, I am disappointed that you weren't able to find a suitable selection for breakfast in our Executive Lounge. We keep it stocked with hot oatmeal, a variety of cereals, house made muffins and pastries, hard boiled eggs, granola, fresh fruit and specialty coffees. I apologize you were unable to find something to suite your needs. We understand that traveling does not always go according to plan and are happy to work with our guests making changes to reservations, but we do have a 24 hour cancellation policy that is shared with our guests at the time of booking. We have always enjoyed welcoming you during your past stays and hope we have the opportunity to do so again in the future.

Dubuque, Iowa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

We have stayed here a few times, and it is always a place to relax. Staff is nice. Hotel is very clean and updated. We skip the valet parking and use the self parking right next to the hotel. Only wish they had queen beds. close to a lot of great restaurants and Nicollet mall.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Thank you for taking the time to review, I'm so happy to see that you enjoyed our staff, new guest rooms and found some time to relax. I hope we have the chance to welcome you back again soon.

Hartsdale, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

Stayed here for four nights recently. My standard King room was clean and pleasant, the only issue was there were dirty glasses in the hallway when I checked in at 6 PM. Pool ans workout facilities were well above average. I purchased a breakfast package and the food was excellent in all regards. Location is a a few short blocks from Nicollet Mall. Overall, this is a top choice for a hotel in downtown Minneapolis.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled solo
HiltonMinneapolis, General Manager at Hilton Minneapolis, responded to this review, 4 days ago
Thank you for taking the time to review. I'm happy to see you liked our brand new guest rooms, fitness center and food. I want to apologize for the Room Service glassware in the hallway and will be bringing your comments to my Director of Food & Beverage. Thank you again for all of your feedback, I hope we have the chance to welcome you again soon.

Waseca, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

Very pleasant stay. The holiday decorations were amazing! Great location and I highly recommend the pumpkin patch cocktail for a night cap. Looking forward to our next weekend getaway and will definitely stay at this Hilton location.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Thank you for taking the time to review. It is great to see you enjoyed our Holiday decor, location and cocktails! Hopefully your next weekend getaway isn't too far away because we hope to welcome you back again soon.

Minn
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

The Minnepolis Hilton is a great location. It is right off the freeway form the airport, right downtown. Within less than two blocks you have great restaurants (Ruth's Chris is across the street), not including the hotel restaurant, which does a good job (the morning buffet is worth it!).

The Ordway Music Hall, Minneapolis Convention Center, and the nightlife of Nicollet Mall are all within blocks of this location.

The Fitness/pool area was recently redone and offers a nice respite. It is tucked away on the 2nd floor, so do bring shoes or slippers to wear.

The Executive lounge on the top floor boast a decent view looking west. My wife and I have enjoyed several very beautiful sunsets while enjoying a cookie and a glass of wine. Non-alcoholic beverages are available free of charge, and the bar service is reasonably priced. Worth upgrading your room for.

All in all, very reasonable for what you are getting.

If you drive...do park at the hotel...it is very well priced with in/out privileges.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the West. The rooms facing East have a less interesting view.
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to write this review. I'm happy that you found our location easily accessible and close to great attractions. I would have to agree that the view from our Executive Lounge is great! I look forward to sharing your comments with the team. We hope to welcome you back again soon.

John E. Luke

Been to Hilton Minneapolis? Share your experiences!