“Great location” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton Minneapolis

Save Saved
You added Hilton Minneapolis to your Saves list
Hilton Minneapolis
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1001 Marquette Ave South, Minneapolis, MN 55403 (Downtown)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Fall Weekends - from $99
Ranked #9 of 48 Hotels in Minneapolis
Medford, Oregon
“Great location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

We stayed at the Hilton Minneapolis for several days when in town on business. It's very conveniently located in the downtown area within walking distance to shopping, the light rail, theater district, and parks. It is also connected to the Minneapolis Skyway system which makes traversing downtown very convenient in inclement weather. The decor and comfort were what we expect from a Hilton, very comfortable and decorated beautifully...even the rooms. We did have a couple issues, thus the 4 stars. A secretary made our reservations, and we were surprised when we arrive that we did not have a king bed, which would be fine, because in most Hilton's we have stayed at, we got a room with two queens. This Hilton only has kings or two doubles, very disappointing. The response from the desk clerk when we expressed our surprise was, "Well, that's what you reserved." She was not very helpful or empathetic. In the end, after unpacking, we just decided to make the best of the two doubles rather than repack and change rooms. The other issue was food. The breakfast in the restaurant was ridiculously expensive. We ended up grabbing something at the coffee stand most mornings, but did go out for breakfast our last day. Also, we arrived late the first night and thought the pizza they advertised in the room looked great, only to find out they stopped serving it at 10:00. Another night, we returned after midnight to find there was no food available. Others were in the lobby with the same issue. A vending machine located about 10 floors away, hung up when delivering my item so, still no food. Very frustrating. Despite these issues, still a nice stay, we would return.

Room Tip: Not sure which side of the hotel we were on, but we had a great city view. The lights at night were...
  • Stayed September 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

Very beautiful place to stay! The decorations in this hotel are breathtaking. We loved it here and will stay again! The location is great if you are planning on attending any events at the Target Center.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Melbourne, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

Beautiful hotel inside, but the lazy crew out front wont help to park your car or carry your bags. Want your car back from the valet... good luck! Worst greeting I have ever had at a hotel of this size. Comfortable and beautiful inside. The food and service at the downstairs bar was very good.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

HiltonMinneapolis, General Manager at Hilton Minneapolis, responded to this review, 2 days ago
I want to sincerely thank you for bringing your experience to my attention. While I am thrilled that you found our hotel comfortable and beautiful and enjoyed our SWL Bar, I am very concerned by the service you received from valet. While the parking ramp at our hotel is city owned, we are their largest customer and will be communicating your comments to them and my Director of Front Office Operations to ensure that the valet and our doormen are meeting the high service standards we hold ourselves to. We anticipate immediate corrective action. I hope we have the opportunity to make it right and welcome you back to show you hospitality that cares for, values and respects you. Again, thank you for taking the time to share your experience.

John E. Luke
La Crosse, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

Check in staff very friendly even with how busy it was. Room was clean and quiet. I am a person who has difficulty sleeping in hotels, the bed was comfortable and easy for me to get a good night sleep. The large flat screen TV was nice.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

I was staying at this hotel last weekend due to a conference at the MSP Convention Center. First I would like to say that this hotel is close to great restaurants and even better bars!! Within a 2 block radius you have many place to stop in grab a bite to eat and have a drink!! My favorite was the News Room right around the corner! When I checked in they didn't have my King bed confirmed so I had to take 2 doubles...not that I minded because I was by myself, but if I was traveling with a companion I would've been really upset! The bar in the lobby was great for watching the weekend football games and believe it or not the Vikings were actually staying in the hotel Sat night...lots of fans mingling around to grab an autograph...pretty cool!! Rooms were great and the beds were comfy! I was on the 22 floor and had a great view! I would have to give this a solid two thumbs up!

Room Tip: Pay the little bit extra for executive floor, you get wi-fi and appetizer coupon at the restaurant...
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

I scored a really great rock-bottom deal via Priceline for a last minute one night stay in Minneapolis. The Hilton is well appointed in a great location downtown with walking distance to essentially everything. The hotel lobby is lovely with lots of seating and a mid-range bar close by.

The room housed a very comfortable bed, in room fridge, coffee and tea service as well as an iron in perfect working condition. The room and bathroom were spotlessly clean - I could have stayed lounging in bed all day. Though I didn't use the fitness facilities - I brought along my yoga mat and had ample space to practice right in front of the window.

The only shortcoming was that despite calling ahead - valet took a solid 15 minutes to bring my car up.

Why do these hotels still charge for wifi? Not free here.

Fort Dodge, Iowa
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

Confusing parking situation with two types of assisted parking that front desk clerk seemed to assume I should be familiar with. Have had more eager to please front desk help at the super 8. Room was more than adequate, but did not have remote control or soap in room at check in. Location is wonderful.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at our hotel. I was glad to see that you enjoyed our newly renovated rooms and downtown location. The city-owned parking garage at our hotel does offer both self-parking and valet parking and I sincerely apologize for any confusion regarding these options. I would also like to apologize for the missing soap and remote in your room; it is highly unusual for our Housekeeping team to overlook items such as these. Please be assured that I have brought your comments to both my Director of Front Office Operations as well as my Director of Housekeeping to ensure all our guests receive the necessary information and items they need. While the parking ramp at our hotel is city owned, we are their largest customer and will be communicating your comments to them and anticipate immediate corrective action. Again, I thank you for bringing it to my attention and hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future.

John E. Luke

Been to Hilton Minneapolis? Share your experiences!