“Good for business stay” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton Minneapolis

You added Hilton Minneapolis to your Saves list
Hilton Minneapolis
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1001 Marquette Ave South, Minneapolis, MN 55403 (Downtown)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Winter Weekends- from $79
Ranked #10 of 48 Hotels in Minneapolis
Appleton, Wisconsin
“Good for business stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2014 via mobile

Rooms are comfy and clean. (As expected)
Front desk is "somewhat" impolite and snippy. I am not an Honors member, but that seemed to be better... The Hilton Honors line seemed to move very slow.

Parking is at the lower levels. $26 for two days, you are better off pre-paying for parking with your room at your check-in. You'll be given a ticket allowing you to exit the parking several times.

I was Abe to check in a bit early however, not by much. I arrived at 2:15 (check-in is 3pm) and a room was not ready. I was called at 4:39 when a room was available.

The air condition seems to work on a motions censor, and needs to be adjusted to acknowledge a presence.

Staff outside the front desk area are concentrated around the main entrance.

Walking distance to restaurants, Target, and Walgreens.

WIFI is $10 daily. Although, if you are an ATT U-Verse customer... You may use their local hot spot.

Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
HiltonMinneapolis, General Manager at Hilton Minneapolis, responded to this review, September 2, 2014
Thank you for sharing your experience. I am glad to see that you enjoyed our close proximity to downtown restaurants and shopping as well as comfortable, clean rooms. However, I apologize for your experience at our Front Desk. I would like the opportunity to speak with you in more detail about this so that we may include your insights while coaching and counseling the team. Also, as a complimentary amenity to all guests we offer free wi-fi in our lounge and lobby. This includes a connectivity station with complimentary access to PC's, MACs, hardwired internet and has printing capabilities. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future!

John E. Luke

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
  • Turkish first
Minneapolis, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2014

I stayed three nights for business and liked the property very much. Check in was very quick and my request for a room with a view was pleasantly honored. I had a room on the 20th floor with a great view overlooking the city! The beds were comfortable, the hallways quiet, the bathroom clean with a nice amount of counter space. I didn't use the gym but checked it out and it looked nice enough. The location of the hotel is just one block off Nicollet Mall which has tons of shopping and restaurants so I could walk to everything I needed.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience! I am thrilled that you found our hotel to be clean, comfortable and quiet - three very important components of a good stay. I'm also glad you liked our downtown location and were able to walk around with ease. I hope we have the chance to welcome you back; perhaps next time you will have the chance to take advantage of our fitness center!

East Anglia, UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2014

What more can I say? If that's what you need in a hotel - and it's what I needed - then you will be fine here. As other reviewers have said - it's nothing special, but sometimes you don't need anything special - just something quiet, clean and comfortable

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to review. I am glad you found your room to be quiet, clean and comfortable. We agree, those three components are very important to a good stay! I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future.

Washington, DC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2014

This is a nice hotel, what you expect from Hilton. If you're going to the Convention Center, the location is great--there is a sky walk that goes from the hotel to the Convention Center without touching the ground. The rooms are large, the food in the restaurant is good. However, I do not think patrons should be charged for wifi in their rooms anymore and that's my main reason for not giving it a top rating.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. I am glad that you enjoyed our restaurant, close proximity to the Convention Center and connection to the Skyway. As a complimentary amenity to all guests we offer free wi-fi in our lounge and lobby. This includes a connectivity station with complimentary access to PC's, MACs, hardwired internet and has printing capabilities. Again, thank you for your review. I hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future!

Philadelphia, PA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2014

I stayed here recently for business, and appreciated the quick check-in, professional staff, and restaurant with huge servings. (Yes, I like to eat!) Top marks, however, go to the large room with the most comfortable bed ever in a hotel. I would trade the Hilton's bed for my own in a heartbeat. As an exhausted traveler, this was delightful surprise. There was a large conference at the hotel, and I was allowed to check in several hours early. On the down side, the room was poorly cleaned, perhaps due to the early check-in. A kind note to the cleaning staff soon rectified the problem, with chocolates to boot! Overall, the hotel felt very safe for a solo traveler, and with a Starbucks cart in the lobby and a short walk to many great restaurants, it was a good choice.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for this review! I am glad to read that you enjoyed our restaurant, staff, newly renovated room, comfortable bed and Barron's Brew serving Starbuck's Coffee. We too love the beds...you can always check www.hiltontohome.com for some Hilton touches to add to your own home! Thank you again for this review, I hope we have the chance to welcome you back to Hilton Minneapolis!

Denver, Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2014

I stayed here as a conference attendee and the location for that couldn't be beat. There were no major issues here - they have comfortable furniture and a really nice gym with pool. However, there are just these little inconsistencies that made it an unremarkable stay. First, all of downtown Minneapolis has free wifi but somehow Hilton feels it's appropriate to charge for wifi so it's not accessible anywhere except the lobby (really? For $200 a night you can't include wifi?). Also, they routinely had one or two people at the front desk at all times. This is a large hotel and the lines were always quite long. And lastly what really bugged me is that anyone can get in the elevators - no key card access is required despite the presence of card readers.

• Stayed August 2014
Thank you for this review. I am glad to see that you enjoyed our close proximity to downtown attractions, fitness center, comfortable accommodations and overall had no issues. I would like to apologize for any wait you incurred at our Front Desk - I will be sharing your comments with my Director of Front Office Operations. As a complimentary amenity to all guests we offer free wi-fi in our lounge and lobby. This includes a connectivity station with complimentary access to PC's, MACs, hardwired internet and has printing capabilities. Again thank you for this review; we hope to welcome you back in the future.

Minneapolis, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2014

Don't bother expecting to be fed if you arrive within 1/2 hour of closing. Food was gone and not replenished. Staff indicated that if the kitchen did not send up food, they could not put it out. One morning all of the bread (bagels) was gone before breakfast time finished, the oatmeal was tempid, and the fruit bowl empty.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Thank you for bringing your experience in our Executive Lounge to my attention. We want to make you feel welcome, cared for, valued and respected. I would like to sincerely apologize for the service you received - it is not up to our high standards. I will bring your experience to my Director of Front Office Operations as well as my Director of Food & Beverage in effort to ensure this does not happen again. Again, thank you for the opportunity to make it right.

John E. Luke

Been to Hilton Minneapolis? Share your experiences!