“Great Stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton Minneapolis

Save Saved
You added Hilton Minneapolis to your Saves list
Hilton Minneapolis
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1001 Marquette Ave South, Minneapolis, MN 55403 (Downtown)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save $40 - Triple Play!
Ranked #8 of 49 hotels in Minneapolis
Johnston, United States
“Great Stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

Very nice hotel with impressive lobby. Great location and rooms were nice and comfortable. Had a very nice view of the city and has economical parking by hotel. Despite a large rush of patrons at 3pm on a Saturday the staff did a great job of getting everyone checked in quickly. Would highly recommend a stay at this Hilton.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

322 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

Stayed for a conference, and very disappointed in Internet service in conference rooms, even worse in rooms.
Conference was for students but disappointed at how few options for dining, hotel and surrounding area of city.

• Stayed April 2014
Winsted, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

We were in walking distance of so many venues. I loved the rooms and the beds were amazing! We had a view of city lights which was wonderful too! Everyone we encountered was very helpful and friendly. We loved the experience!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Glenwood, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

We stayed a night after a twins game. The hotel is very classy, quiet, nice place to stay. Walking distance to Target Field. Check in was a breeze, plenty of parking (for a fee). C-store and plenty of eating places within walking distance also. Only complaint was the bed was really small, comfortable but small. We had two children with so we needed two beds. Queen beds would have made the stay awesome. Had a great time, even though our team did not win.

Room Tip: Get a king bed. Higher floors have nice views of the city.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Wichita
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

If you want to stay down town Minneapolis the is the hotel for you. It is easy walking distance to the Major league Baseball stadium, live theater, WONDERFUL restaurants, and an easy drive to the Mall of America.
The hotel staff were very friendly and courteous. My room was kept very clean and neat even though I'm not a tidy person. The lounge is open and well stocked with wine and other adult beverages.
The location is very easy to get to from Interstate 25 West.
The only issue I could come up with was the limited number (4) elevators.
Other than that I think you will like staying.
I used the valet parking GREAT service for cost

Room Tip: Always stay at the end of the hall (in any hotel). Less traffic, usually away from the ice machine a...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Boston, Massachusetts
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

I just completed a stay at the Hilton in Minneapolis. I do not often write these reviews but this service was so poor - a review was needed. My room was not ready at the 3pm check-in time. I was told that I would receive a call when it was ready. A call never came. I returned to the desk 2 hours later - after walking all around Minneapolis and sitting in the lobby for over 90 minutes. I was then told that the room had been ready for over an hour. I was very angry. The woman at the check-in desk could not have cared less. She then scolded me that 3pm is only a "typical" check-in time and it is "not guaranteed". I could not figure out why I was now being yelled at by the hotel that had me sitting in the lobby for so long with a ready room upstairs. I proceeded to the room to find it 79 degrees and with no functioning air conditioning. I will say that the service-man who came to the room was very nice - and after about 25 minutes had the AC running great. I travel about 25% of the year - and I in general find Hilton service to be far inferior to Starwoods. But the Hilton Minneapolis was the final nail in the coffin.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
HiltonMinneapolis, General Manager at Hilton Minneapolis, responded to this review, 5 days ago
Please accept my sincere apologies regarding your check-in experience. Rest assured this is a highly unusual situation and not typical of the high service levels we have been recognized and strive for. I have brought your comments to my Director of Front Office Operations. I would also like to speak with you to ask additional questions so that in my coaching and counseling of the team, I provide your additional insights. My direct line is (612) 397-4800. We work hard every day to instill a culture of hospitality and our goal is to ensure that guests feel cared for, valued and respected. I look forward to discussing this with you further.

John E. Luke
Anaheim
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

This downtown hotel was a great place to end our midwestern road trip. Clean room with comfortable beds. The view was so so, but the location was easy walking to anything downtown. The staff was friendly and helpful. There was an air purifier in the room which was a little unique, but good. The room wasn't overly large, but did the trick for the one night stay. The room was also nice and quiet. The water pressure in the shower was pretty low. The parking was as expected for a downtown hotel, in other words on the expensive side. But we did get a good deal on the hotel.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Hilton Minneapolis? Share your experiences!