“Twins weekend” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton Minneapolis

Save Saved
You added Hilton Minneapolis to your Saves list
Hilton Minneapolis
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1001 Marquette Ave South, Minneapolis, MN 55403 (Downtown)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save $40 - Triple Play!
Ranked #8 of 49 hotels in Minneapolis
Glenwood, Minnesota
“Twins weekend”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

We stayed a night after a twins game. The hotel is very classy, quiet, nice place to stay. Walking distance to Target Field. Check in was a breeze, plenty of parking (for a fee). C-store and plenty of eating places within walking distance also. Only complaint was the bed was really small, comfortable but small. We had two children with so we needed two beds. Queen beds would have made the stay awesome. Had a great time, even though our team did not win.

Room Tip: Get a king bed. Higher floors have nice views of the city.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

319 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Wichita
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

If you want to stay down town Minneapolis the is the hotel for you. It is easy walking distance to the Major league Baseball stadium, live theater, WONDERFUL restaurants, and an easy drive to the Mall of America.
The hotel staff were very friendly and courteous. My room was kept very clean and neat even though I'm not a tidy person. The lounge is open and well stocked with wine and other adult beverages.
The location is very easy to get to from Interstate 25 West.
The only issue I could come up with was the limited number (4) elevators.
Other than that I think you will like staying.
I used the valet parking GREAT service for cost

Room Tip: Always stay at the end of the hall (in any hotel). Less traffic, usually away from the ice machine a...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Boston, Massachusetts
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

I just completed a stay at the Hilton in Minneapolis. I do not often write these reviews but this service was so poor - a review was needed. My room was not ready at the 3pm check-in time. I was told that I would receive a call when it was ready. A call never came. I returned to the desk 2 hours later - after walking all around Minneapolis and sitting in the lobby for over 90 minutes. I was then told that the room had been ready for over an hour. I was very angry. The woman at the check-in desk could not have cared less. She then scolded me that 3pm is only a "typical" check-in time and it is "not guaranteed". I could not figure out why I was now being yelled at by the hotel that had me sitting in the lobby for so long with a ready room upstairs. I proceeded to the room to find it 79 degrees and with no functioning air conditioning. I will say that the service-man who came to the room was very nice - and after about 25 minutes had the AC running great. I travel about 25% of the year - and I in general find Hilton service to be far inferior to Starwoods. But the Hilton Minneapolis was the final nail in the coffin.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
HiltonMinneapolis, General Manager at Hilton Minneapolis, responded to this review, 3 days ago
Please accept my sincere apologies regarding your check-in experience. Rest assured this is a highly unusual situation and not typical of the high service levels we have been recognized and strive for. I have brought your comments to my Director of Front Office Operations. I would also like to speak with you to ask additional questions so that in my coaching and counseling of the team, I provide your additional insights. My direct line is (612) 397-4800. We work hard every day to instill a culture of hospitality and our goal is to ensure that guests feel cared for, valued and respected. I look forward to discussing this with you further.

John E. Luke
Anaheim
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

This downtown hotel was a great place to end our midwestern road trip. Clean room with comfortable beds. The view was so so, but the location was easy walking to anything downtown. The staff was friendly and helpful. There was an air purifier in the room which was a little unique, but good. The room wasn't overly large, but did the trick for the one night stay. The room was also nice and quiet. The water pressure in the shower was pretty low. The parking was as expected for a downtown hotel, in other words on the expensive side. But we did get a good deal on the hotel.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Phoenix, Arizona
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

Much of what others have written about the hotel is true. While the majority of the hotel is in great shape, some carpeting can use some updating. The gym is really good. If you're not in a hurry, there's nothing wrong with the bar and actually found the service to be nice. Again, if you aren't in a hurry. The desk staff, that's a different story. It seemed the questions we asked were mystifying, such as "do you offer a free paper?" We came to go to Target Field which is in walking distance, as is just about everything else in and around downtown. I'd suggest this hotel again to those coming to Minneapolis.

Stayed July 2014
HiltonMinneapolis, General Manager at Hilton Minneapolis, responded to this review, 5 days ago
Thank you for taking the time to write this review. I am glad that you were able to enjoy our Fitness Center, Lounge and our downtown location. However, I am disappointed to hear about your experience at Front Desk. I will be bringing your comments to my Director of Front Office Operations. I want to ensure that in our coaching and counseling of the team, I provide your insights. Please call me at your earliest convenience, my direct line is (612) 397-4800.

John E. Luke
Fort Dodge, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We came to Minneapolis to attend two concerts at Orchestra Hall and this was perfect for us being across the street. We spent time walking in the Nicollet Mall area, Loring Park, free music on Peavey Plaza and using the light rail to go to St. Paul to the Capitol area. Every aspect of the hotel was perfect from comfortable bed, sparkling clean room, excellent breakfast to hospitable and helpful employees and all for a very good rate on the website.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Stayed here on the Sunday of the MLB All-Star Game. Convenient affordable parking. Location is convenient to get almost anywhere downtown with a relatively short walk. I got there a little early and they were able to get me in a little earlier which was nice.
Had a couple drinks at the hotel bar. It had a nice ambiance but seemed overpriced for even a hotel bar. (They may have had prices jacked up for the ASG). Room was nothing special but was clean and we had no issues.

Stayed July 2014

Been to Hilton Minneapolis? Share your experiences!