“Handled our group very well...” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton Minneapolis

Save Saved
You added Hilton Minneapolis to your Saves list
Hilton Minneapolis
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1001 Marquette Ave South, Minneapolis, MN 55403 (Downtown)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save $40 - Triple Play!
Ranked #7 of 49 hotels in Minneapolis
Illinois
“Handled our group very well...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

We were at the Hilton attending the National Volleyball Tournament the last weekend in June. Let me start by saying I was a difficult customer at check-in. I was chaperoning 12 girls who are all 12 years old. We had four rooms among the girls and two chaperones. I had done everything in my power prior to check-in to ensure the girls' rooms and ours' were all together. Upon check-in I came to found they had moved us to different floors. This just was not going to work. I ended up standing at the counter for close to an hour as a very patient desk clerk shuffled rooms around, throwing new combinations at me that I declining a few times, and him going back to the drawing board. As much as I understand rooms close to each other can NOT be guaranteed, with pre-teen girls in rooms by themselves that is what we had to have. It did finally work out, and in the end I really appreciated the hard work of the front desk to make it happen so that we could take good care of our girls.

The hotel is beautiful, conveniently located to everything, and the staff is excellent. It had to be a difficult weekend with hundreds of teen girls running around, yet the staff was very professional and laid back. We worked hard to keep the girls' noise to an acceptable level, but I'm sure there were times they were disruptive. We were never made to feel like a nuisance. My only grievance is when there are four people on the rooming list, we need four towels, and more than one tiny bottle of shampoo per room. The tiny, narrow garbage cans also did not work for the amount of trash we had.

Overall, GREAT experience, GREAT hotel, GREAT staff, and I'd gladly go back when I have less responsibility and can make it up to the poor front desk clerk who had to face me the likes of me :).

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business

306 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Omaha, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

Very nice hotel. The beds were so comfortable and the staff were extremely nice and helpful. The location was perfect. We parked our car when we got there and walked to the baseball game and restaurants.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Dallas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

We were there for the volleyball nationals tournament, along with hundreds of others! We arrived at about 11 am and did not get into our room until after 5 pm because it wasn't ready yet. Everyone else from our team arrived later and got in their rooms sooner than we did.....not sure why the hotel doesn't prioritize earlier arriving guests and get them in rooms closer to the 3:00 check in time. The front desk manager got involved and expedited things a bit....also asked us to wait in the bar area and have drinks and an appetizer on them. The rooms are nice and the hotel is very conveniently located with skywalks to the convention center and linked up to many other buildings, typical of downtown Minnesota. There are numerous restaurants and stores, including the flagship Target store, within just two or three blocks of the hotel. I overheard hotel staff explaining the different wifi available and you definitely pay to get anything decent. We didn't and the standard wifi is horrible. They also charged me $10 to receive a small package I had delivered at the hotel. They did not charge for the rollaway bed that they'd said would be $20 a day, so I guess it all evened out. All of the staff we encountered were very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
IL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

I have stayed here more than once now, the hotel is nice and in a convenient location. There are two issues I would have: 1) housekeeping - the room was mostly clean, but there was hair in the shower, in the sink, and in all of the drawers in the bathroom; it was really gross. And 2) they have affordable enough rates, but you will pay much more for parking, Wi-Fi access, and everything else they can hit you up for.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
HiltonMinneapolis, General Manager at Hilton Minneapolis, responded to this review, 4 days ago
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We pride ourselves on the quality of our hotel and take your comments very seriously; please accept my apologies for the state of your bathroom. I will personally follow-up with my Director of Housekeeping and share your comments with him. Also, as a complimentary amenity to all guests, we offer free wi-fi in our lobby area and lounge. This includes a connectivity station with complimentary access to PC's, MACs, hardwired internet and has printing capabilities. Again, thank you for bringing your stay to my attention. I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you the next time you are in Minneapolis.

Cleveland, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

Was in town for a sports event at the convention center. This hotel was the host hotel. Issues began on check in when room wasn't ready (at 3pm) with no idea when it would. Was told that rooms were pre-assigned so we couldn't go into a different room. As a hotel club member I asked for a room on the Executive level and was told no, I'd just have to wait. Was told I would receive a call when the room was ready - I never got it. Asked for a quiet room and was placed in one closest to the elevator lobby. Asked for extra towels/pillows prior to check in and never received them. Asked for late checkout and wasn't given it. Never once did the hotel try to compensate for anything. The most they would offer was free internet, which I didn't need. Others in our party waited 9 hours to get into room. Very very poor service and no attempt at mollifying angry customers. Shame on Hilton.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

5 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

This place is incredible. The rooms are average but not terrible. But everything else is ago well put. They really take care of you here. Its truly amazing. Got ten dollars off our meal downstairs because the guy serving us downstairs said we were so nice. I give this place a full five stars. And if you don't then...must have been one bad day. Everyone and every place has them here and there so chillax lol

Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Thank you for sharing your experience! I am elated that you felt taken care of and had a great two day stay. We encourage our staff to go above and beyond to show hospitality, as your waiter did. I will share your comments with the team; I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future!

Duluth, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Comfort, care and excellence! Was offered an upgrade when I arrived and it was worth every penny! Spectacular view, great room. Housekeeping staff made me smile every time I returned to the room after they cared for it.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Wow! Thank you for such a kind review. Comfort, care and excellence are exactly what want to provide. I look forward to passing along your comment to our housekeeping staff and hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future.

John E. Luke

Been to Hilton Minneapolis? Share your experiences!