“complete satisfaction stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton Minneapolis

Save Saved
You added Hilton Minneapolis to your Saves list
Hilton Minneapolis
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1001 Marquette Ave South, Minneapolis, MN 55403 (Downtown)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
$89 Weekend Bundle!
Ranked #19 of 49 hotels in Minneapolis
Savannah, Georgia
“complete satisfaction stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

I was a first-timer in Minneapolis for a conference and chose this hotel option. I booked a room on the executive level- 25th floor, it wasn't much more expensive than the standard room. My room was very clean, very comfortable, wonderful view facing west. The morning breakfast, though totally carbohydrate, was very, very good. Scones, muffins, fresh cooked oatmeal, wonderful fresh fruit, english muffins, and granola- yummy! The evening food was also very delicious and different each night. There was enough hearty food to be dinner! Pastas, veggies, cookies, tacos, egg rolls, chicken fingers- a different variety each night. The beer/wine was not complimentary, but all other softdrinks, water was. At 8pm come back to the executive lounge for fresh cookies! The skyway connected the hotel easily to the convention center. The hotel is extremely well located in the heart of downtown. The concierge provided a wonderful jogging map to the 'Chain of lakes'- so very beautiful! Easy to get a 7 mile walk/run to/from the hotel. A 'nice ride' bike rental station is located just across the street for easy getting around. Brit's Pub is just a block away as is Nicollet pedestrian mall with all the shopping and dining you'd want to enjoy. Also, a quick 1-2 mile walk/bike ride away is the Stone Arch Bridge and the ruins of the flour mills. This town is very clean and focused on outdoor moving around- jogging, biking, walking- an outdoors wonderland. My last morning there, I dined for breakfast in the hotel's restaurant- a very hearty protein filled egg whites, turkey sausage, whole grain toast and potatoes- extremely delicious. My waiter- Tracy J- was WONDERFUL and wish I had met him before my last day there- he provided me with lots of great info about where to go, what to do....he was a wonderful Minneapolish good-bye. Also, I dined one night there as well and had pasta primavera with chicken- delish!

Room Tip: Ask for a room that does not face Marquette if you stay over the weekend- the outdoor music from Nic...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Manager1001, General Manager at Hilton Minneapolis, responded to this review, August 15, 2013
Thank you for your wonderful review of our hotel. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed many of our amenities not only in the hotel, but also in our city. We are; as you noted, a wonderful city for outdoor activity. Our hotel location is centralized to accessing many of these activities and venues. I am happy to hear you were able to partake in many of them.

Tracy is a long time team member of ours and a wonderful asset to our hotel. I will be recognizing him for his helpfulness and great service!

Again, thank you. We look forward to having you with us again!

Best Regards

772 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (112)
Cincinnati, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here last week during a conference. The hotel is dated yet well maintained. The waiters in the bar were slow and cared less about serving us. Spending hundreds did not seem to matter. The rooms are small and need updating, the executive lounge staff was rude when I asked for coffee. Bottom line I felt like I was bothering them. I won't stay here again.

Stayed August 2013
Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay with us. I would like to apologize for the lack of service that you received from our staff in the lounge and Executive Level. We have set high standards of guest service at our hotel; as you may see by many of the other reviews on this site. What you experienced is out of the ordinary for our guest service. I will be speaking directly with the departments that you spoke of.

In addition to our traditional decor we are very excited about the redecoration of our guest rooms that will be starting this fall. By the end of the year we will have our room's redecorating well under way. This is going to include refrigerators in all guest rooms as well as 50 inch flat panel TVs and a lighter and brighter color scheme to increase the comfortable atmosphere. I hope that you will take the opportunity to stay with us again and experience our new decor.

Minneapolis, Minnesota
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

We have stayed at the downtown MSP Hilton several times, for both business and leisure, but we were totally unprepared for the chaos of a Friday night with a huge convention (500 Norwex women) and a large noisy wedding party. After checking in through a mob of women we were given a room on the 21st floor "away from the elevator" and assured it would be quiet....women were loudly calling to each other from room to room much like they thought they were in dorm rooms. Returning from the Twins game at 10:30 it was impossible to get on the elevator, we waited patiently in the bar until the crowd thinned. Arrived in our room to find a loud, raucous party taking place next door. Yelling, chanting and cheering! Whoop de doo! We finally called security with no result. They finally quieted down by 11:30 and then started up again at 2:35 a.m. Knocked on our door again and again. We were up at 7:00 a.m. and departed!!!! The manager was "very sorry"! "They don't let this go on" Really??? So much for a weekend in the City!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Manager1001, General Manager at Hilton Minneapolis, responded to this review, August 9, 2013
Thank you for your response regarding your recent stay with us. I would like to apologize for the experience that you had with the noise interruptions coming from other guest rooms. Being a frequent guest at our hotel; I am sure that you have experienced the high level of guest service that we are known for. We take our guest’s comfort very seriously, and have a very low tolerance level for interruptions and noise from other guests. I have checked into your experience and would be happy to discuss this further with you. Please call me directly at 612.397.4801. Once again, all of our guest’s comfort is of our highest priority, and when notified we respond immediately to insure that priority is met.

Again, thank you for your response, and I look forward to hearing from you.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

I attended a conference at the convention center and appreciated the skywalk connecting it to the Hilton on a couple of cold, rainy days. Easy on/off access to the hotel from Hwy 94 east. The underground parking ramp was canvenient. I was checked in early since a room was open. All staff were pleasant and efficient. Convenient location to many good restaurants and shops within a short walk. I ate several meals in the hotel bar/ restaurant. The food was good although the menu was quite limited. My king bed and pillows were comfortable. Room was well kept. Overall a very pleasant stay and I would recommend. The Hilton could follow the lead of the cheap hotels by:
1) Providing free internet through the entire facility.
2) Deliver the statement to your room the morning of checkout. I had to stand in line for 20 min to check out and get a printed receipt! Not acceptable.
3) The walls of mine room were completely blank. Spend a couple of bucks on some wall art.

Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your review of our hotel. I appreciate your great feedback. I am also happy to hear that you enjoyed the many amenities and location of our hotel. I agree, our Skyway is very convenient and allows indoor walking access to many areas of downtown.

Among some of our complimentary amenities we do offer wi-fi access in our lobby and lounge. We also have our connectivity station in the lobby which offers access to MACs, PC,s, and printers with internet access for guest convenience. As a hotel that has a focus on sustainability; we offer our guest's folios by email. Of course we are happy to print one out for you by request.

Thank you again for your review, we look forward to having you with us again.

Best Regards

San Antonio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013 via mobile

Well I stayed here in late June for a business trip. Our stay got off to a little rocky when the hotel lost our company's cc authorization and would not allow us to check in. I understand where they are coming from but they had a reservation for 8 rooms for 5 days; obviously they had a cc to hold the reservation. Anyway we got that taken care of and got our room. Room was clean, service was prompt and everyone was really really nice. Conference food was not the best but it wasn't bad. Location is awesome you are right downtown within walking distance of everything. DO NOT take taxis. They are super expensive like 50.00 for 5 miles! Walk the four blocks to the train. We took it everywhere. It will take you right to the airport and Mall of America and its only 1.75 each way! The train was clean and I felt very safe. I believe the station is the downtown n mall. We ate at the a few restraints. the Local was really good they have a nice patio. Hell's Kitchen not worth it weird choice of food. The devils advocate was really good and had nice prices. Try the Philly cheese sandwich very good. We also ate at 8th street grill it was good to. Great prices for happy hour. All of these were within two blocks. Watch out everything closes early including the Walgreens ( which isn't open on Sunday). Th pool was clean and the hot tub was hott! All in all it was a good stay!

Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for the review regarding your stay with us. I appreciate all of your great feedback and am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We do have a great central location to many of the local restaurants, amenities, and venues. As you noted, we are close to everything and in short walking distance of many of the attractions of downtown. I am glad to hear that you were also able to take advantage of our Light Rail System which is a great way to reach many of our other attractions like the Mall of America.

I apologize for the incident with your reservation at check in, but am happy to hear that it was promptly handled and resolved. Any additional feedback regarding your food and beverage preferences would be great. We always appreciate our guest's feedback and use it to constantly improve our quality and to increase our guest's experience while with us.

Again, thank you for your review, and for choosing us to stay with.

New Haven, Connecticut
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013

Was not happy at all with my experience at this hotel. I felt like I was stuck in the late 1980s the rooms were dated , bathrooms were not nice. Location is ok but bit at all worth it. The beds were not comfrotable, the brown look and feel was depressing. Look for another hotel when visiting . Save yourself from the depression.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your comments regarding your stay with us. I am sorry to hear that you were not impressed by the traditional decor of our hotel. We take great pride in our grand lobby with it's crystal chandeliers and marble floors. The traditional woods, and warm tones offer a relaxing and comfortable environment.

We are very excited about this project, and I do hope that we return to see it yourself.

Best Regards,

Brookhaven, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

great location, people at check in were fantastic. service in the lobby bar and restaurant was very slow. waited 15 min before anyone came to see if I wanted to order anything. all in all would come and stay again. It was very close to Nicolette Mall. there wer a lot of good restaurants in the vacinity. got to see the statue of Mary Tyler Moor throwing her hat into the air. On Thursday Nicolette Mall turned into an open market, very cool.

Room Tip: ask for room away from the elevator, they are quieter.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Manager1001, General Manager at Hilton Minneapolis, responded to this review, July 31, 2013
Thank you for your recent review. I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. . The open air market or "farmer's market" is held every Thursday throughout the summer months. Not only is it a local favorite, but I am happy to hear that our guests are enjoying it as well.

I will be discussing your experience in our lounge with my Director of Food and Beverage. Please know that guest service is a top priority at our hotel and we set high standards in making sure that our guests are well taken care of when with us.

Again, thank you for your review and choosing us to stay with.

John E. Luke

Been to Hilton Minneapolis? Share your experiences!