“Quaint B&B Near a Happenin' Neighborhood” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Historic Heights B&B and Events

Historic Heights B&B and Events
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Minneapolis
Historic Heights B&B and Events
Save Saved
You added Historic Heights B&B and Events to your Saves list
3980 5th St. NE, Minneapolis, MN 55421   |
Ranked #4 of 8 Minneapolis B&B and Inns
Southern California
“Quaint B&B Near a Happenin' Neighborhood”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2012

We spent the last night of our Midwest road trip at this B&B in Minneapolis. It's in a grand old home on a quiet street that's very close to a very happening neighborhood. The proprietress was a very nice lady with two very cute dogs, especially her three-legged sweetie, Chewie (short for Chewbacca). Since this is an "historic" B&B, there are a few of things you should know--it is not equipped for handicapped people. The front steps are a bit steep. I have a hip replacement and I did fine, but I'm pretty active, too. There are no elevators, either. Walking up a couple of flights of stairs with your luggage can be taxing if you're not in decent shape. The owner offered to help, but geez, we're pretty young and in pretty good shape; we would have felt like heels if we had made her lug our suitcases up for us! Also, you get to share a bathroom with strangers. Kind of weird, but we've done it before. All of the other guests that we met were very nice and conscientious, so it wasn't a problem. So, if these things aren't a problem, then this place is for you! The room was very nice--comfy bed, cute little flat-screened TV, we even had wi-fi! The breakfast was yummy and it was nice not eating typical hotel breakfast fare for once on our trip. It was also cool eating with the other guests and talking with them. We really hit it off with one other couple. All in all, I would say we had a very fun time staying here and I would highly recommend it to other people who would like this type of experience.

Room Tip: If mobility is a little bit of an issue, I would go for a room on a lower floor than we had.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Families
Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Grand Marais, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2012

This small inn with a history is close to many destinations in Minneapolis. And it is on a bus line to connect without getting in your car. I was warmly welcomed and had a quiet and comfortable night's sleep. Kathy, the host made a lovely breakfast which fit my dietary needs perfectly. I will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Bellingham, WA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2011

My wife and I travel to various cities each year for our anniversary. This year we chose Minneapolis. We wanted to stay downtown, but it was too rich for our blood. We instead chose Historic Heights B&B. This is a nice place, 10 minutes from downtown. The rooms were large and clean. We haven't stayed at a B&B for a while. I forgot that you may need to share a bathroom. In this case, there are 6 finished rooms in this 100 year old house that was built with many purposes in mind. The downstairs has a couple of large rooms that you can use. One has a TV and the other is the dining room. We booked at the last minute, because of a problem with our original booking. We had a smaller room on the second floor the first night. The room was plenty big for us and the bed was quite comfortable. The bath was down the hall. We were able to move to the larger room that we originally wanted the next night. Again, the bath is down the hall. This wasn't really an issue for us. We stayed 4 nights and we were the only occupants on the floor we stayed on. In fact, we never saw anyone else. The rooms were comfortable and quiet.
Breakfast was served at our appointed times. The food included items from the garden and the sausage was from their pig. The food was good and Kathy was quite accommodating.
We had a car and I would recommend having one as a convenience. Minneapolis has a bike rental system throughout the city (https://www.niceridemn.org) that I highly recommend. The bikes are available about 3 miles from the Heights B&B. You can park for free near the bike racks and ride into the city. Great bike trails. This is a great way to get around. Tip: Download the app so you can find the nearest stations.
I've save the best for last. The price is excellent for Minneapolis. $75-95 per night. You can't touch that price in that part of town. Kathy and Greg are there to help you enjoy your trip.

Room Tip: Use the niceridesmn.org bikes.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Historic Heights B&B and Events? Share your experiences!