“Friendly staff, convenient location, lobby coffee machine is superb” 4 of 5 stars
Review of University Inn

You added University Inn to your Saves list
University Inn
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   925 4th Street SE, Minneapolis, MN 55414 (University / Dinkytown)   |
Ranked #16 of 47 Hotels in Minneapolis
“Friendly staff, convenient location, lobby coffee machine is superb”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2014

We stayed for two weeks in July, 2014. Staff was very friendly and helpful. Room noise from next door was noticeable but I blame the rambunctious people - not the Inn's fault. Laundry on site was a great feature. Small gym, no pool. I would stay there again, no question.

Room Tip: For quiet, choose room on opposite side of the freeway.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
University_Inn_MN, General Manager at University Inn, responded to this review, August 4, 2014
Hello Jonathan H,

Thank you for reviewing the University Inn on TripAdvisor! I really appreciate your comments and I'm glad you enjoyed the amenities of the hotel. The folks next door must have been "rambunctious" indeed for you to hear them through our concrete walls - I hope they didn't disturb you too much, and if you do stay again please don't hesitate to contact the front desk if another guest is being unreasonably noisy and we'll definitely address the situation. Thank you again, we hope to see you again soon!

Joe McCurdy

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Geneva, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2014 via mobile

I stayed here for one night because it was close to my daughter's apartment and less expensive than most places.
Comfortable bed, everything was very clean. There was a well equipped kitchen that I didn't use. But I did avail myself of the free cappuccino in the lobby! A nice place

• Stayed July 2014
University_Inn_MN, General Manager at University Inn, responded to this review, July 29, 2014
Hello GenevaGeneva,

I'm glad you enjoyed your stay, thank you so much for your review! We hope to see you again soon.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2014

My wife and I stayed here one night and recently had friends from Denmark stay here twice. We all enjoyed the Inn. The staff is great--helpful, courteous, friendly. The rooms have two fine queen beds in them, along with a complete kitchenette which we did not use, but would be great for a longer stay. These rooms were extremely quiet and we had a restful night's sleep. It has easy access to the university just down the street and I 35W. While there are classier places in Minneapolis, this place is just great.

Room Tip: As near as I can tell the rooms are all good. If you want to be sure of quiet as for a room on the n...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
University_Inn_MN, General Manager at University Inn, responded to this review, July 25, 2014
Hello Doc619,

Thank you so much for a very kind review! I'm glad your stay with us was restful and pleasant, and thank you for inviting your Danish friends to stay with us too. I hope you'll all visit us again soon!

Carol Stream, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

We have a lot of family in Minnesota. We were attending a bridal shower for my niece and my daughter booked the University Inn. What a pleasant surprise. A nicely equipped kitchen with a large refrigerator, toaster, microwave, and cooking surface. The hotel was very clean and comfortable! We would definitely stay there again!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
University_Inn_MN, General Manager at University Inn, responded to this review, July 23, 2014
Hi Donna D,

Why thank you! We think you were an awesome guest! We really appreciate feedback, thank you so much for taking time to write a nice review about the University Inn. We hope you'll visit us again soon.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

My girlfriend & I brought my daughter up to a debate camp at the University of Minnesota and booked a room there for one night. we found the rooms to be clean, comfy, nice big bathroom and a full kitchen. The coffee machine was awesome in the front lobby and ground the coffee beans for each cup, best coffee I have ever had from a self service machine! Nice laundry room in the basement as well. I would stay there again for sure!

Hello Lenny S,

Thank you so much for your great review! We enjoyed serving you as our guest, and I'm especially pleased you enjoyed the complimentary coffee in the lobby. I hope you will have an opportunity to visit again, we look forward to serving you and your family.

Manitowoc, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014

We were in Minneapolis for a baseball game and concert at First Avenue, and our daughter is a UM student. Very conveniently located hotel with simple, clean rooms, free parking, easy access to University and Downtown, nice staff, free coffee, and all at a bargain price! Glad we found it!

Hi Jenny G,

I'm glad you found the University Inn too! Thank you for staying with us and for writing such a nice review. We hope to see you again soon, and best of luck to your daughter on her U of M experience.

Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

Friendly and helpful staff; clean room; excellent location; free parking. I would stay there again if I was in the Twin Cities. Walking across the bridges to downtown Minneapolis was a great experience. Beautiful!

Room Tip: No complaints.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Hello David W,

Thank you very much for your kind review! We love our city and I couldn't agree with you more about our beautiful downtown bridges. I'm pleased you enjoyed your stay in the Twin Cities, thank you for choosing the University Inn. We'll look forward to your next visit.

Joe McCurdy

Been to University Inn? Share your experiences!