“Surprise stay near the University” 5 of 5 stars
Review of University Inn

Save Saved
You added University Inn to your Saves list
University Inn
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   925 4th Street SE, Minneapolis, MN 55414 (University / Dinkytown)   |
Ranked #14 of 48 Hotels in Minneapolis
“Surprise stay near the University”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2014

My wife and I stayed here one night and recently had friends from Denmark stay here twice. We all enjoyed the Inn. The staff is great--helpful, courteous, friendly. The rooms have two fine queen beds in them, along with a complete kitchenette which we did not use, but would be great for a longer stay. These rooms were extremely quiet and we had a restful night's sleep. It has easy access to the university just down the street and I 35W. While there are classier places in Minneapolis, this place is just great.

Room Tip: As near as I can tell the rooms are all good. If you want to be sure of quiet as for a room on the n...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
University_Inn_MN, General Manager at University Inn, responded to this review, July 25, 2014
Hello Doc619,

Thank you so much for a very kind review! I'm glad your stay with us was restful and pleasant, and thank you for inviting your Danish friends to stay with us too. I hope you'll all visit us again soon!

Joe McCurdy

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Carol Stream, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

We have a lot of family in Minnesota. We were attending a bridal shower for my niece and my daughter booked the University Inn. What a pleasant surprise. A nicely equipped kitchen with a large refrigerator, toaster, microwave, and cooking surface. The hotel was very clean and comfortable! We would definitely stay there again!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
University_Inn_MN, General Manager at University Inn, responded to this review, July 23, 2014
Hi Donna D,

Why thank you! We think you were an awesome guest! We really appreciate feedback, thank you so much for taking time to write a nice review about the University Inn. We hope you'll visit us again soon.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

My girlfriend & I brought my daughter up to a debate camp at the University of Minnesota and booked a room there for one night. we found the rooms to be clean, comfy, nice big bathroom and a full kitchen. The coffee machine was awesome in the front lobby and ground the coffee beans for each cup, best coffee I have ever had from a self service machine! Nice laundry room in the basement as well. I would stay there again for sure!

Hello Lenny S,

Thank you so much for your great review! We enjoyed serving you as our guest, and I'm especially pleased you enjoyed the complimentary coffee in the lobby. I hope you will have an opportunity to visit again, we look forward to serving you and your family.

Manitowoc, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014

We were in Minneapolis for a baseball game and concert at First Avenue, and our daughter is a UM student. Very conveniently located hotel with simple, clean rooms, free parking, easy access to University and Downtown, nice staff, free coffee, and all at a bargain price! Glad we found it!

Hi Jenny G,

I'm glad you found the University Inn too! Thank you for staying with us and for writing such a nice review. We hope to see you again soon, and best of luck to your daughter on her U of M experience.

Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

Friendly and helpful staff; clean room; excellent location; free parking. I would stay there again if I was in the Twin Cities. Walking across the bridges to downtown Minneapolis was a great experience. Beautiful!

Room Tip: No complaints.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Hello David W,

Thank you very much for your kind review! We love our city and I couldn't agree with you more about our beautiful downtown bridges. I'm pleased you enjoyed your stay in the Twin Cities, thank you for choosing the University Inn. We'll look forward to your next visit.

West Bend, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2014

Very comfortable room. Very Pleasant staff. We were in town for a show at the Northrop Auditorium. The show turned out to be a bust so we headed back to the hotel and had an enjoyable time in the room. Everyone was comfortable, plenty of comfortable chairs. Kept our refreshment cool in the large refrig. Great Place!!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
University_Inn_MN, General Manager at University Inn, responded to this review, July 14, 2014
Hi 19DebM61,

Thanks for reviewing our hotel! It's always nice to hear that our guests have enjoyed themselves while staying here - although I'm sorry to hear that the showed you traveled to see was disappointing. There are some really great offerings at Northrop throughout the year, hopefully the next show you see will be great! We'll see you then!

Green Bay, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2014

I wish we had found this location earlier :) very convenient location, reasonably priced. Staff was super friendly before and during our stay... had a family feel. loved that it had kitchen in it, saved money by eating several meals in... room was decent sized.

Hello Becky E,

Thank you so much for your kind review - I wish you'd found us earlier too! I'm really glad you found our location and amenities convenient for your visit to the U of M, and we're looking forward to seeing you again during the school year.

Thanks again,
Joe McCurdy

Been to University Inn? Share your experiences!