“This is a nice B&B” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Elmwood House

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Minneapolis
Elmwood House
You added Elmwood House to your Saves list
1 East Elmwood Place, Minneapolis, MN 55419   |
Ranked #6 of 8 Minneapolis B&B and Inns
Duluth, Minnesota, USA
“This is a nice B&B”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2008

I stayed 2 nights at Elmwood House. It was pleasant. My room was really a nice size, though the lighting was not conducive to reading in bed, which was disconcerting. The caretaker, Kathy, was very kind and friendly, I liked her very much. Breakfast was OK, though I've had better" yogurt, cereals, fruit...The first morning I was the only one dining, and breakfast was all that, nothing more. The second morning, there were 4 of us, and there were pastries and a quiche lorraine.

One thing that surprised me is that nobody entered my room at all to empty the garbage or to make the bed. The last B&B I stayed at, in Palo Alto, CA, they did that.

I would, and intend to, stay at this B&B again. A great location south of downtown.

• Stayed March 2008, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Families
San Diego
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2006

My partner and I stayed at the Elmwood house and had a wonderful time. Our room was charming, the bed comfortable, and the location is incredibly convenient to Uptown and to many lakes and parks. Our hosts were so generous and welcoming, and made us feel right at home. I've already recommended the place to friends visiting soon -- and be sure to try a walk or run on the creek path nearby, which takes you on a lovely trip through residential Minneapolis and ends at Lake Harriet.

• Stayed October 2006
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2004

I visited the Elmwood House in December 2002, and was surprised of the comfort.Mr. and Mrs. Schlosser were very nice and i had some beautiful days living in their house.A perfect place to stay ! For me it was like a part of Europe moved to the US.

Been to Elmwood House? Share your experiences!